Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CANTERBURY have issued a hands off warning to their rival clubs who are circling their star prop David Klemmer.

The Bulldogs have already moved on Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods from the club this year because of salary cap constraints.

However, Bulldogs boss Andrew Hill has issued a stern warning to rival clubs to back off — declaring star prop Klemmer as being off limits.

“Dave is going nowhere,” said Bulldogs chief executive Hill. “He is on contract and there has never been discussions about him leaving the club. We are disappointed that we have to answer another rumour.

“David had no desire to leave the club and the club is not interested in David being anywhere but the Bulldogs.”

The dire salary cap situation of the Bulldogs has rival clubs lining up to secure the 24-year-old firebrand. While Josh Morris is Cronulla bound and it seems twin brother Brett will join the Roosters, Hill is adamant Klemmer won’t be leaving as well.

Newcastle are the latest club to be linked to the Blues prop.

“It is disappointing that we are talking about a player who has two years remaining on his contract,” Hill said. “Dave has come out and says he has a love of the club and no desire to play anywhere else and he is passionate about the Bulldogs. We are not interested in talking to anyone about Dave’s future. He is one of our senior players and forms a strong part of the leadership group

“Dave Klemmer is a player we will build our team around.”

Hill’s warning to rivals comes days after the Brisbane Broncos secured 18-year-old prop Payne Haas with a monster six-year, $3.4 million contract despite the 116kg hulk having only played three first-grade games and recently undergoing a shoulder reconstruction.

Klemmer has been one of the few Bulldogs to star this year.

The Bulldogs are locked in a wooden spoon battle after tasting defeat to the Eels on Thursday night. They received a boost with the re-signing of half Lachlan Lewis during the week and will add Knights duo Nick Meeney and Jack Cogger as well as Panthers flyer Christian Crichton.

Hill said Klemmer filled an important part of the Bulldogs long-term future.

“We have never had a conversation with Dave about him leaving the club,” Hill said. More importantly any conversations we have had with Dave recently is about how he will be important to the club moving forward.”

Former kiwi Test forward Greg Eastwood will also leave the club at season’s end.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Too many pussies on this forum were conceding Klemmer is already gone lol Klemmer is not going to friggn Newcastle
I told everyone, fuck the media. Fkn sad that they turned on him and saying he can fuck off if he wants. He is our best player and a real Bulldog. You build a team around him.

Hill has won my respect shutting these scum ***** up.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too many pussies on this forum were conceding Klemmer is already gone lol Klemmer is not going to friggn Newcastle
What do you do when Klemmer says I want out because he got an outrageous 5 million dollar contract? Everybody has a price, lets just hope Klem values his honour more than his pocket.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I told everyone, fuck the media. Fkn sad that they turned on him and saying he can fuck off if he wants. He is our best player and a real Bulldog. You build a team around him.

Hill has won my respect shutting these scum ***** up.
Isn't there a Rule/Law about poaching at alllllll???? Cant we sue scum scavengers??

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And then in a few weeks etc news breaks he signs with knights.!!!
We have Seen this happen many times!!

But I hope Hill is true to his word An makes it PRIORITY that klem stays at the doggs for life.. 1 club legend.. that would make this shitty year great.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And then in a few weeks etc news breaks he signs with knights.!!!
We have Seen this happen many times!!

But I hope Hill is true to his word An makes it PRIORITY that klem stays at the doggs for life.. 1 club legend.. that would make this shitty year great.
At the end of the day a MASSIVE offer is there... Its up to David Klemmer.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
“It is disappointing that we are talking about a player who has two years remaining on his contract,”
LOL. Did we not just release Woods only half a season into a 4 year deal? Haha. Hill just spinning shit as usual to suit the narrative, only thing worth believing atm is what we see rather than what we hear from the club.

Anyway If there's any truth about Klemmers payment issues then i have no doubts if Klemmer decides he wants out then he will get out. I hate to think how much money he might be on towards the backend of his contract if it's structured similar to Graham, Eastwood and the Morris'.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the end of the day a MASSIVE offer is there... Its up to David Klemmer.
100% mate ! I Said the same thing in another post. Contracts mean jack shit.
Let’s just hope to hell he stays.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah strong showing by the club. Lol.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain something to me regarding TPAs. People saying Klem would have the shits with the club for those falling through. But my understanding is that clubs can’t have anything to do with TPAs and they need to be organised with there managers?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come the end of 2020 when Klemmer and most players are off contract we'll be in a better position to upgrade their contracts. Klemmer would know that and we will have money to spend while other clubs will be tight so negotiations will most likely be around this time next year no doubt.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need two or three Klemmers so we won't be getting rid of the one we have.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't there a Rule/Law about poaching at alllllll???? Cant we sue scum scavengers??
Absolutely there is. You cannot contact any player before the November before there contract is up.

So as far as Klemmer is concerned. He is unapproachable by any other club until November 2109. Not available to play elsewhere until the 2021 season.

Reality is Klemmer and Jackson must be on so much more than they would get elsewhere anyway.

The cap space is getting taken up somewhere. These two are the only logical guys that would fit back ended deals we have agreed to.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Paul Kent does not understand this article he needs to go back to school. Paul NO means NO....

Status
Not open for further replies.