Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The longer this drags on without resolve, what are people thinking?

Knights running low on coin or second guessing things?
Dogs playing hardball and dragging things out?

Exactly who are the panic buys? I think CHN and Sue are good recruits. Crichton is improving every game and was an astute buy.
Cogger was bought mainly to cover for Foran. Looks like he might be OK as well.
Meaney and Cogger.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The longer this drags on without resolve, what are people thinking?

Knights running low on coin or second guessing things?
Dogs playing hardball and dragging things out?
Its most likely just us waiting to have someone signed up so the board doesn't get completely slaughtered. Knights are after Cook, Mann, Ma'u and have signed Gavet and Hunt for next season so I think they have the coin.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was cleaning up my office this afternoon, and found the letter the Club sent last month to me calling for 2019 memberships. Guess who is on the front cover? Fired me up for about 15 seconds, before I threw it in the bin in disgust.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Keep waiting Knights fans :D

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/dogs-s...lacement/9e8e4746-9b57-4a62-93b8-e8bfc77f804e

Canterbury's impasse with star David Klemmer appears set to drag into next week as the NRL club waits on the ramifications of the league's coaching merry-go-round.

Klemmer is likely to be granted a release from the final two years of his contract to immediately take up a more lucrative deal at Newcastle, beginning next year.

And while the Bulldogs have been heavily linked with premiership-winning Sydney Roosters prop Dylan Napa, the club is intent on waiting on the fallout of the recent coaching saga.

With Ivan Cleary, Des Hasler and Michael Maguire starting at new clubs - plus Wayne Bennett and Anthony Seibold still a chance of swapping - the player market remains in flux. Two of those clubs, Brisbane and Penrith, have already begun roster moves with Broncos forward Josh McGuire and Panthers prop Trent Merrin reportedly released on Wednesday. Other front-rowers such as Burgess brothers Tom and George from South Sydney, both of whom are available after 2019, have also been mentioned as ideal replacements.

However the possible recruitment of Napa looms as the club's best shot at replacing the star power of an incumbent Kangaroos prop in Klemmer. Napa, whose current deal also expires at the end of next year, is understood to be in the United States with the Roosters' team celebrating their grand final triumph.

Klemmer is believed to want out of the club because of an unhappiness with his contract, as well as personal issues that would be helped by moving out of Sydney.

The Knights have made no secret of their desire to lure the NSW Origin prop to the Hunter, having previously attempted to poach him on three occasions.

The 24-year-old isn't due back from annual leave until the second week of December, however Canterbury boss Andrew Hill is confident the issue will be resolved soon.

"We continue to work in a timely manner, having the best interests of our football club. We hope to have the matter resolved as soon as we can for all parties," Hill told AAP.

Stick with me... but could the Bulldogs be trying to snooker the Knights here, by forcing them to effectively confirm their roster with still a question mark over Klemmer? In other words spending up as much as they can (as if Klemmer ISN'T coming), and then waiting them out.

If Knights get too close to the cap with spending, maybe it'll be a case of "Ohhh too bad David, Knights can no longer afford you at the amount offered".

Dogs no longer look like the bad guys because the Knights simply don't have the coin to spend on him, hence forcing him to remain at the Bulldogs.

IF that happens to unfold, it's a masterstroke.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Keep waiting Knights fans :D

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/dogs-s...lacement/9e8e4746-9b57-4a62-93b8-e8bfc77f804e

Canterbury's impasse with star David Klemmer appears set to drag into next week as the NRL club waits on the ramifications of the league's coaching merry-go-round.

Klemmer is likely to be granted a release from the final two years of his contract to immediately take up a more lucrative deal at Newcastle, beginning next year.

And while the Bulldogs have been heavily linked with premiership-winning Sydney Roosters prop Dylan Napa, the club is intent on waiting on the fallout of the recent coaching saga.

With Ivan Cleary, Des Hasler and Michael Maguire starting at new clubs - plus Wayne Bennett and Anthony Seibold still a chance of swapping - the player market remains in flux. Two of those clubs, Brisbane and Penrith, have already begun roster moves with Broncos forward Josh McGuire and Panthers prop Trent Merrin reportedly released on Wednesday. Other front-rowers such as Burgess brothers Tom and George from South Sydney, both of whom are available after 2019, have also been mentioned as ideal replacements.

However the possible recruitment of Napa looms as the club's best shot at replacing the star power of an incumbent Kangaroos prop in Klemmer. Napa, whose current deal also expires at the end of next year, is understood to be in the United States with the Roosters' team celebrating their grand final triumph.

Klemmer is believed to want out of the club because of an unhappiness with his contract, as well as personal issues that would be helped by moving out of Sydney.

The Knights have made no secret of their desire to lure the NSW Origin prop to the Hunter, having previously attempted to poach him on three occasions.

The 24-year-old isn't due back from annual leave until the second week of December, however Canterbury boss Andrew Hill is confident the issue will be resolved soon.

"We continue to work in a timely manner, having the best interests of our football club. We hope to have the matter resolved as soon as we can for all parties," Hill told AAP.

Stick with me... but could the Bulldogs be trying to snooker the Knights here, by forcing them to effectively confirm their roster with still a question mark over Klemmer? In other words spending up as much as they can (as if Klemmer ISN'T coming), and then waiting them out.

If Knights get too close to the cap with spending, maybe it'll be a case of "Ohhh too bad David, Knights can no longer afford you at the amount offered".

Dogs no longer look like the bad guys because the Knights simply don't have the coin to spend on him, hence forcing him to remain at the Bulldogs.

Most of the fans have turned on him and I'd bet that the players are sick of the **** too, our best bet right now would be to try to squeeze something out of the Knights whilst still trying to sign another quality player.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nope he is gone and it is just waiting to be made official.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was cleaning up my office this afternoon, and found the letter the Club sent last month to me calling for 2019 memberships. Guess who is on the front cover? Fired me up for about 15 seconds, before I threw it in the bin in disgust.
Is it Napa?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Movement at the station, McGuire is going to the Cowboys for $3.2m over 4 years and Merrin is off to the Rhynos. The impending exit of Bennet could be the reason why Pangai, Lodge and Oates haven't put pen to paper as yet. Or maybe we have made them an offer to good to refuse?

Go Dogs

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Movement at the station, McGuire is going to the Cowboys for $3.2m over 4 years and Merrin is off to the Rhynos. The impending exit of Bennet could be the reason why Pangai, Lodge and Oates haven't put pen to paper as yet. Or maybe we have made them an offer to good to refuse?

Go Dogs
I’d take pangai. Fuck no on lodge

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I'd give TPJ 750k, I rate him very highly.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d just give Renouf starting prop and another opportunity them throw Klemmer 700k at Joseph Manu and before you say he’s contracted well Klemmer is too and so is Maguire at Broncos

Contract don’t mean shit

Grow some balls and go after players

Fk our club are pussies right now

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d just give Renouf starting prop and another opportunity them throw Klemmer 700k at Joseph Manu and before you say he’s contracted well Klemmer is too and so is Maguire at Broncos

Contract don’t mean shit

This I could get behind. No so much Renouf start , though the rest.

I’d put him on the bench with sue starting next to tolman not exactly the best but sure he better to have Manu in the side overall

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Contract don’t mean shit

How do you know they have not gone after targeted players?

How do you know if targeted players have said, no thank you, we want to play for a club who will be premiership contenders in the next 5 years?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do you know they have not gone after targeted players?

How do you know if targeted players have said, no thank you, we want to play for a club who will be premiership contenders in the next 5 years?
How do you know they have?

We have one of if not the best facilities in the NRL

We have a history and culture of success

We have depth with ISP winning the double

History shows we rarely stay down long and bounce back quickly ala 08 to 09

If we can’t sell that to the market then we are in worse shape than ever before

Status
Not open for further replies.