Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm shocked that there hasn't been a story about the dogs fan poll saying more ppl want him gone than to stay. A lot of the want him gone votes are rage votes though imo.
Or they're being logical and would rather cut a player loose that doesn't want to be here and reinvest his massive contract back into key areas of the squad.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or they're being logical and would rather cut a player loose that doesn't want to be here and reinvest his massive contract back into key areas of the squad.
Spot on. There will be NO player swap/exchange involving Klemmer & the Knights roster. Klemmer’s money will go into 2 players in the development squad. There is no movement as yet as officially due to Klemmer’s international commitments he is not required to report to the club til late November. At this time, he will ask for a release for personal issues that need resolving. Once released the Knights will table a formal offer & ask the NRL to register the contract. Expect the Bulldogs to then announce the signing of Napa, who will take his game to another level under mentor Dean Pay and add much needed sting to the Bulldogs defence.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Spot on. There will be NO player swap/exchange involving Klemmer & the Knights roster. Klemmer’s money will go into 2 players in the development squad. There is no movement as yet as officially due to Klemmer’s international commitments he is not required to report to the club til late November. At this time, he will ask for a release for personal issues that need resolving. Once released the Knights will table a formal offer & ask the NRL to register the contract. Expect the Bulldogs to then announce the signing of Napa, who will take his game to another level under mentor Dean Pay and add much needed sting to the Bulldogs defence.
Napa is dead average, not interested in him at all.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please don't tell me we're signing Napa.

Can we for once sign players that other clubs aren't happy to let go?

Like the ones we constantly release to top 8 clubs? Meanwhile we sign rejects from other clubs and are stuck with back ended garbage from Des' genius cap management...

Napa and some of the other signings may be fine, cheap, serviceable players but there's a reason most of them haven't made it by now or have been let go.

Its high time this club had some fucking ambition and stopped trying to continually turn cast offs into stars.

If we follow that model, that's great, but we need to raid all of the best junior prospects, not the prospects that those clubs are happy to unload while they selfishly hoard juniors that have no path to first grade due to established first graders ahead of them.

We can give them a huge increase in salary and provide a starting position but instead we promise that to career reserve graders or mediocre journeymen, not potential future stars.

All we'd do by signing Napa is do the Roosters a favour. Again. Then they'll sign Taupau who we should bring back.

It's as if our club is content with being also rans and pushed around by our rivals.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score

Like the ones we constantly release to top 8 clubs? Meanwhile we sign rejects from other clubs and are stuck with back ended garbage from Des' genius cap management...

Napa and some of the other signings may be fine, cheap, serviceable players but there's a reason most of them haven't made it by now or have been let go.

Its high time this club had some fucking ambition and stopped trying to continually turn cast offs into first graders.

If we follow that model, that's great, but we need to raid all of the best junior prospects, not the prospects that those clubs are happy to unload while they selfishly hoard juniors that have no path to first grade due to established first graders ahead of them.

We can give them a huge increase in salary and provide a starting position but instead we promise that to career reserve graders, not future stars.

All we'd do by signing Napa is do the Roosters a favour. Again. Then they'll sign Taupau who we should bring back.

It's as if our club is content with being also rans and pushed around by our rivals.
At this point I will take Napa for the right price. He is an origin quality player and plays the ball at speed.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At this point I will take Napa for the right price. He is an origin quality player and plays the ball at speed.
It just seems desperate. He might and up being good. I can see him becoming a fan favourite.

But we'd get by with the pack we have and I'd rather that money was saved for the next big thing where we could make said player an offer other clubs couldn't compete with. That's the smart, long term play.

Not the money from three rep players being released being used up on Meaney, Cogger, Crichton, Sue, Napa, CHN and whoever else.

We could have signed Johnson or another disgruntled star in a key position and more with all of the money wasted on most of the above players. CHN is a good signing but one that wasn't needed position wise and Meaney looks okay but the rest seem like a waste of valuable cap space at this stage.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It just seems desperate. He might and up being good. I can see him becoming a fan favourite.

But we'd get by with the pack we have and I'd rather that money was saved for the next big thing where we could make said player an offer other clubs couldn't compete with. That's the smart, long term play.

Not the money from three rep players being released being used up on Meaney, Cogger, Crichton, Sue, Napa, CHN and whoever else.

We could have signed Johnson or another disgruntled star in a key position and more with all of the money wasted on most of the above players. CHN is a good signing but one that wasn't needed position wise and Meaney looks okay but the rest seem like a waste of valuable cap space at this stage.
If you're saying "the next big thing" is a boom youngster then I'm all in :grinning:)

I think we all need to step back and question what direction our club is now going in, and what we're trying to build. Personally, I believe we're trying to focus more on building a competitive club together rather than buying one. I do have reservations about looking for marque players, I'd much prefer to pay top dollar to emerging young talent rather than pay top dollar for marque players.

Just going by what the club has been saying, especially Chris Anderson, I think and hope we'll steer away from the marque type players.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you're saying "the next big thing" is a boom youngster then I'm all in :grinning:)

I think we all need to step back and question what direction our club is now going in, and what we're trying to build. Personally, I believe we're trying to focus more on building a competitive club together rather than buying one. I do have reservations about looking for marque players, I'd much prefer to pay top dollar to emerging young talent rather than pay top dollar for marque players.

Just going by what the club has been saying, especially Chris Anderson, I think and hope we'll steer away from the marque type players.
Yeah, I agree. I don't care if we sign no marquee players. But we better sign the best young talent around then! Not the 4th best junior at that position from other clubs that they're happy to see leave.

Also, we have to keep our best players and juniors. We lost three junior prospects and also Woolford was never given a look. It's hard to have faith at the moment.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dead average Napa is a class above any middle forward we have at the Club.
Not even close, he's a very average player. Undisciplined, average ball carrier, no offload or footwork, defensive all round game is also poor in between a big hit or a big illegal hit. Shit signing.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have they given up on klemmer?

Outta-Here' - Gavet set for Knights shift
Author
Brad WalterNRL.com Senior Reporter

Thu 8 Nov 2018, 12:01 PM
Warriors prop James Gavet is set to leave the club after asking for a release and has been linked with a move to Newcastle for next season.

Gavet is understood to have requested a release from the remaining year of his Warriors contract and posted a photo of himself outside Mt Smart Stadium on social media, under the heading: "Outta-Here". He also added "Thanks for the ride fam. Done & Done".

The Knights last Friday named 24 players in their top 30 squad for next season and have added Bulldogs hooker Zac Woolford. They are believed to have more than $2 million left in their salary cap.

Australian prop David Klemmer is expected to move to Newcastle from Canterbury and the club appears to have depth in the front row after recruiting Tim Glasby from Melbourne.

Brothers Daniel and Jacob Saifiti are also on the books, along with New Zealand international Herman Ese’ese and rookie props Josh King and Pasami Saulo.

Gavet’s departure is likely to prompt the Warriors to go into the market for another prop to join the likes of Adam Blair, Bunty Afoa, Leeson Ah Mau, Sam Lisone and Tavita Satae as the 29-year-old played 19 NRL matches for the club last season.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard James Gavet signing with Knights, could it be the dogs board have said no player swap no Klem?

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dead average Napa is a class above any middle forward we have at the Club.
If you're talking head butts I'd agree..........the guy is a thug and should be banned from playing

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its high time this club had some fucking ambition and stopped trying to continually turn cast offs into stars.

We can give them a huge increase in salary and provide a starting position but instead we promise that to career reserve graders or mediocre journeymen, not potential future stars.

If they do that will do me with this club........he's nothing but a thug who should be banned from the game after not one but two flying head butts that saw him cop 2 weeks for both and he was allowed to play in the GF.......if they do sign and I F'N hope not, then he'd cop 8 to 12 weeks as a repeat offender........WTF are our management thinking even contemplating him......I'd take Tapau or Blake from Manly than Napa any day.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If they do that will do me with this club........he's nothing but a thug who should be banned from the game after not one but two flying head butts that saw him cop 2 weeks for both and he was allowed to play in the GF.......if they do sign and I F'N hope not, then he'd cop 8 to 12 weeks as a repeat offender........WTF are our management thinking even contemplating him......I'd take Tapau or Blake from Manly than Napa any day.
League is a game of thuggery played by grubs n thugs

settle down

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
League is a game of thuggery played by grubs n thugs

settle down
Settle Down!!!......So I take your OK with the club interested in a player who not only as a rap sheet with carry over points and is an average forward at best one more flying head butt and we'll be down a forward for a couple of months......he isn't the type of player I'd want at the club........he's a grub and is best suited at Bondi or Souths........I'm even hearing reports we're looking at the Burgess Brothers......Tom and George coming over from Souths if Bennett arrives to coach next year they'll be on the outer......while not as bad I still prefer Tapau who has his heart in the club or even Blake from Manly before them.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Settle Down!!!......So I take your OK with the club interested in a player who not only as a rap sheet with carry over points and is an average forward at best one more flying head butt and we'll be down a forward for a couple of months......he isn't the type of player I'd want at the club........he's a grub and is best suited at Bondi or Souths........I'm even hearing reports we're looking at the Burgess Brothers......Tom and George coming over from Souths if Bennett arrives to coach next year they'll be on the outer......while not as bad I still prefer Tapau who has his heart in the club or even Blake from Manly before them.
Blake is rubbish

Tapau is good but aint worth that 700-800k

Napa is not average, nor is he a supestar. He is a QLD representative forward. Napa has issues with his tackling technique and he does not go flying in with his head like a James Graham and Nate Myles.

For too long now our squad and club has consisted of soft cocks and no team fears the Dogs like they once did. We have been ridiculed as the pups of war and its time we hardened the fuck up and put fear back into the oppositions.

Burgess brothers? Id take Thomas but not keen on George.

You're getting too hyped up and you will soon blow a fuse. Sit down, relax, napa nor the burgess brothers will be at the dogs next year. Its just the media filling up their lame ass columns

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Blake is rubbish

Tapau is good but aint worth that 700-800k

Napa is not average, nor is he a supestar. He is a QLD representative forward. Napa has issues with his tackling technique and he does not go flying in with his head like a James Graham and Nate Myles.

For too long now our squad and club has consisted of soft cocks and no team fears the Dogs like they once did. We have been ridiculed as the pups of war and its time we hardened the fuck up and put fear back into the oppositions.

Burgess brothers? Id take Thomas but not keen on George.

You're getting too hyped up and you will soon blow a fuse. Sit down, relax, napa nor the burgess brothers will be at the dogs next year. Its just the media filling up their lame ass columns
"Blake is rubbish" LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.