CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Im suspecting though, that you dog was on a leash and the cat wasn't
Yes, the cat jumped us from a garden bed near the sidewalk and my dog latched onto its neck and thrashed it about and snapped it neck. I might've imagined this.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, the cat jumped us from a garden bed near the sidewalk and my dog latched onto its neck and thrashed it about and snapped it neck. I might've imagined this.
Under my new system you should get between 10 and 15 bucks under the new fauna protection scheme,and your brave dog could get a commendation !! as the unrestrained cat would have done equal and realistically far greater damage on its hunting journey . . . Theoretically of course. I would vote for a party with this common sense type of attitude . . . This could also be an export market or a meat option to a local restaurant owners with an appropriate sauce and rice option . . . Tabby cat chow mein, yummy yummy I reckon

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the main reason people care less about cats roaming over dogs is that cats don't attack and kill people. Dogs do.

But cats are a problem for wildlife, especially strays. I let my cats out but only because I can track where they go, I keep them well fed, I never let them out at night, and we don't have much wildlife in our immediate area.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think the main reason people care less about cats roaming over dogs is that cats don't attack and kill people. Dogs do.

But cats are a problem for wildlife, especially strays. I let my cats out but only because I can track where they go, I keep them well fed, I never let them out at night, and we don't have much wildlife in our immediate area.
Is it true that it's illegal to let your cat out at night?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not a dog or a cat owner. I'd like to own a dog. Some cats are cute but could never own one.. Some dogs kill birds and other animals just for play just like cats do though..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Minor birds are a problem. They keep swooping native Australian birds in packs and are a pest that can't be gotten rid of

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When choosing to have humans as pets is legal we'll have to legislate that i guess. But having pets is a luxury not a right in most countries. Perhaps i didn't simplify this enough for you. Most people with an IQ above room temperature will grasp the concept. Your pets are your responsibility. Its your job to feed them, not the environments
I may already be a pet, I pretty much don't do anything unless there are treats involved. I'm confused as to who my owner is though.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surounding suburbs where I am they brought out new laws for cats.

2 cats per household any more requires a permit.

All cats are required to be secured at all times outside premises eg: cat cage or walking leash (So no more fence jumping for cats)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it true that it's illegal to let your cat out at night?
Not in most places, but it depends on the area. The law is set by the council in regards to pets. So if your local council bans cats at night then you can be fined.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hate ALL cats except Lions, which is my favourite animal.

Ever since I was a young boy I just wanted to be rich enough to have a pet lion.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You only have to look at the species that have become extinct in this country due to introduced vermin like cats foxes etc . . . Its true of dogs,there are no bad dogs just bad owners. But cats are far more predatory and their owners aren't brought to account like dog owners are. Most cat owners wouldn't know where their cats are most of the time. the government could do worse than put a bounty on cats,If dogs were allowed to just roam and predate could you imagine the outcry, if they are concerned with our precious unique fawna,cats need to kept at their home and if caught wandering, impounded and their owners fined
You'll love this guy - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-trapping-killing-feral-felines-20-years.html

To understand why animal lover Barry Green calls himself a 'hands-on environmentalist' you only need to see him get hold of a feral cat.

Mr Green traps, shoots and skins feral cats then turns their pelts into stubby holders, golf club covers and purses.

He wears a homemade cat skin hat and jacket and has turned feline fur into slippers, a coat for his dog and a bag for a table tennis bat.

The 67-year-old lives on Kangaroo Island, off the South Australian coast, and has been waging war on the feral cats that plunder the local native wildlife for more than 20 years.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I know it isn't kitsch anymore but put a bell on your cats collar.

Problem solved close thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My cat also had the turn into liquid superpower. Was not a fun burial

Be a brave man to tie your cat up outside in Moscow. The heavy sanctions will have them eating their pets before long
Same happened to my cat...squish.