News Canterbury In Box Seat To Sign Connor Tracey From Cronulla Sharks

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
For those worrying about Tracey being on 500k

Moylan would of been on more than half of the 500k amount. Tracey would be getting a money upgrade here, just not up to 500k (I'd assume closer to 350k).
Moylan's previous contract was $350k and after a more than decent 2002 season his current contract is more than that, how much more?

Always s Bulldog

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is handily not saying he isn’t but how many of these okay utilities do you need? Surely some size is what we need not another small utility, look I hope he smashes it but I’m far from convinced this is what we needed. We need 2-3 props (at least) and a genuine 7.
Over next 2 years we'll get 2 props and maybe a new 7. Besides Klemmer if he's "available" there's no one we can sign for next year in those positions. 2025 we should get our wish.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I worry the same. Is Tracey actually as decent as people here seem to think? He only played 10 games this year and 14 last year so in reality he's another fringe back. Obviously it's good to have competition for spots but I don't get it. Genuinely would love to someone to explain why I should be so excited for someone who has struggled to start at the Sharks.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
AFB not available for next year + we can get both. Klemmer would probably stop the May deal tho. I think we can do something the fans can be proud about next year if we secure an experienced quality (do the job even if that's the bracket you want to put Klemmer in) middle for next year.
If you had to choose between Klemmer and May, who would you choose?

I know who I would choose: May.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you had to choose between Klemmer and May, who would you choose?

I know who I would choose: May.
May but I want us to be more competitive next year so I'd go Klemmer and AFB, short term and long term solution. We're cooked next year with our current prop rotation imo.

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
May but I want us to be more competitive next year so I'd go Klemmer and AFB, short term and long term solution. We're cooked next year with our current prop rotation imo.
Agreed we need a guy for next year. As much as Klemmer is quite one dimensional he is a forward leader, makes 150 metres+ a game and is a good defender, a dogs junior who would be our best prop (not saying much) but still lol

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Will come down to who AFB thinks he can be more successful with, even with this extra cap space Sharks have generated, we can still offer more than them imo. They have big cash tied up in Hynes, Kennedy and a few others.
But, they aren't desperate for AFB as we are, therefore I expect us to go to the extreme to sign him.
In reality this could mean the difference between success and failure for us !

Last edited:

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Club just announced it no confirmation aboht gabriel released though hope not bloke has potential

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over next 2 years we'll get 2 props and maybe a new 7. Besides Klemmer if he's "available" there's no one we can sign for next year in those positions. 2025 we should get our wish.
Rather than going after every outside back around perhaps see whether Fledger would have come for starters, there’s plenty of props don’t buy they “oh there’s none available”. Money talks.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What position is he going to play..?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Has the work rate, effort and fitness levels and has the speed, footwork and a little bit of half play in his game to be a good FB. Good signing and although I think we should always be looking to keep our juniors, we can afford to lose an outside back who is still years away imo. Ciraldo obviously has his eyes on a Dylan Edwards project and thinks Tracey is that after the emergence of Crichton this year specifically at centre being so elite.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is handily not saying he isn’t but how many of these okay utilities do you need? Surely some size is what we need not another small utility, look I hope he smashes it but I’m far from convinced this is what we needed. We need 2-3 props (at least) and a genuine 7.
And when Gus openly says there are none available do you just go to sleep? You sign what you can while you can. Tracy strengthens our team if it means no Perham or Taaffe in the backline

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate…. how many times are you going to repeat yourself ffs?

If true the signing of Tracey, then the NRL obviously has no issue with it & YES, we are full in our Top 30!

RFM is back training.. Correct?
Sutton is still here for 2 more year & is training.. correct?

Oloapu crap is just BS from yourself over trying to cut him! Unless the Doc’s can’t help him & he can’t play another game again, then Gus should be asking the NRL to medically retire him as any other club boss would do
Block the trolls!

So much better not having to read their agenda bullshit!

You will feel better and they will fade away to the team they support!