News Burtons view of the shape of planet Earth.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You are correct that the Bible does not rule it in or out; but go to any flat earth website, and the host will at some point mention the Bible as their source, or quote a passage from the Bible.

It is religion that they fall back on as their "proof", which is why I asked whether Burton was religious.
You were innocently asking (as you have explained it well now) but there are many that love to link the Bible with fruitloops that believe in a flat earth.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because - if you believe the Earth is flat despite the lack of evidence and the massive amount of evidence that its a spheroid - then what else is on the cards?
I don’t believe it’s flat I just don’t care.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You were innocently asking (as you have explained it well now) but there are many that love to link the Bible with fruitloops that believe in a flat earth.
I think the argument is more based on a faith based belief system compared to an evidence/scientific based approach.

Religious beliefs have no evidence. Similar to flat earthers, UFO’s, any number of 911 conspiracies etc.

One side tests, retests, and tests again. The other just believes with no evidence.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the argument is more based on a faith based belief system compared to an evidence/scientific based approach.

Religious beliefs have no evidence. Similar to flat earthers, UFO’s, any number of 911 conspiracies etc.

One side tests, retests, and tests again. The other just believes with no evidence.
Whose faith based belief system is it based on?

I have never seen or heard of any organised religion claim that the Earth is flat.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whose faith based belief system is it based on?

I have never seen or heard of any organised religion claim that the Earth is flat.
I don’t think you understand.

I didn’t say any religious based belief system claimed the Earth to be flat.

I am trying to explain that a flat earth is a belief based on no evidence. Similar to every religion in the world.

Do you understand?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I am trying to explain that a flat earth is a belief based on no evidence. Similar to every religion in the world.

Do you understand?
That isn't the way your argument came across but thank you for the condescending response.

It was very endearing.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Do you understand?
Although there are similar patterns, waves of influencers and social media rabbit holes, that phase in with a new flavour of the month theory whether true or not, they should all be treated as a case by case scenario.

Each needs to be rationally worked out by reason, logic, data, or whatever approach philosophers , institutions, and researches take. I think (monotheistic) religion should be treated separately or ignored in this discussion as it can't be proven nor disproven that a sole God exists, that's where faith comes in, up to the individual to process if they believe in it or not.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Although there are similar patterns, waves of influencers and social media rabbit holes, that phase in with a new flavour of the month theory whether true or not, they should all be treated as a case by case scenario.

Each needs to be rationally worked out by reason, logic, data, or whatever approach philosophers , institutions, and researches take. I think (monotheistic) religion should be treated separately or ignored in this discussion as it can't be proven nor disproven that a sole God exists, that's where faith comes in, up to the individual to process if they believe in it or not.
I see your point. Obviously we can not prove or disprove the existence of any God. Where mathematics and simple sight experiments proves the earth is rounded.

However. Most religious texts are certainly incorrect scientifically and lack plenty of evidence. And that is where I see the similarities.

If the majority of people had a decent understanding of science and could think critically I doubt we would be discussing this issue.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's important Burton knows the actual shape of the earth. If it's flat or spinning at 1,000 miles an hour he can slightly adjust his kicks LOL

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets just say like every NRL footballer (or 98% of them)....they are lucky they can play football because they are hardly Harvard scholars.