News Burtons view of the shape of planet Earth.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well that "interpretation" is wrong and the Bible never mentions a flat earth.

From your own source...

I don't care what the shape of the Earth is tbh, if it was such an important issue, it would of been mentioned.
You are correct that the Bible does not rule it in or out; but go to any flat earth website, and the host will at some point mention the Bible as their source, or quote a passage from the Bible.

It is religion that they fall back on as their "proof", which is why I asked whether Burton was religious.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
In fairness to Burto, he does spend a lot of time on a flat football field :tearsofjoy:
Nah bro. I know an engineer who proved to me that a footy field is convex. You stand at the end of a footy field and you are always looking upwards.

#ConvexFielder

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's truly a fascinating topic and can see why some find it difficult to comprehend the concept of gravity. For example, two people standing on opposite poles of the earth would appear inverted from a cosmic view.

I'm religious but I guess the concept of rising up to heaven confuses people. We generally think of hell being south of heaven. If someone rose up to heaven from the north pole, they would be going in the opposite direction of someone rising up from the south pole......which raises the question, which way is hell ?

I guess we just need to just use the stars as our point of reference, our ancestors figured that out ages ago.
It's no mystery,there is a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven . . . Everyone knows that

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah bro. I know an engineer who proved to me that a footy field is convex. You stand at the end of a footy field and you are always looking upwards.

#ConvexFielder
How can you see the field if you're looking upwards :tearsofjoy:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are correct that the Bible does not rule it in or out; but go to any flat earth website, and the host will at some point mention the Bible as their source, or quote a passage from the Bible.

It is religion that they fall back on as their "proof", which is why I asked whether Burton was religious.
The flat earth theory isn’t specifically a religious thing, you’ll have both religious groups and non religious groups believing in it. I can g’tee you my whole parish which has 5000 parishioners visiting the church throughout a Sunday don’t attest to the flat earth theory.

Christianity has many denominations which attest to many different theories and interpretations. If small pockets of groups of Christians believe in the flat earth theory it doesn’t mean it’s a Christian belief.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
How can you see the field if you're looking upwards :tearsofjoy:
This is the problem with you FlatFielders. The mind tells you that you are not looking upwards, but you are. Its what they teach in schools you see.

Never went to school so haven't been mindfckd like the rest of you sheeples.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

The anecdotal nature of the approach you've employed doesn't stack up with the research. The association between the Bible and flat earthism does not exist because of religiosity, but because of what has been called "conspiracy mentality". Muddying the waters with statements like "it is religion that they fall back on" doesn't help anyone.

Consider the following research for more information:

Ask yourself, if the Bible has been around for over 2000 years, and religion (broadly speaking) for longer, why has flat earthism become such a big deal only in the last 10 or so years? Hand waving at religion and the Bible clearly ignores something much more fundamentally important to what we are recently seeing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Look at what Burton has started

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s right flat as a pancake we live in a sealed environment then again sheep will believe anything

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You would hope burto believes we reside on a sphere..but the ground beneath his feet is more often flat. I don't give a shit what any player believes as long as they put in where required by the club.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The flat earth theory isn’t specifically a religious thing, you’ll have both religious groups and non religious groups believing in it. I can g’tee you my whole parish which has 5000 parishioners visiting the church throughout a Sunday don’t attest to the flat earth theory.

Christianity has many denominations which attest to many different theories and interpretations. If small pockets of groups of Christians believe in the flat earth theory it doesn’t mean it’s a Christian belief.
I have never seen or heard of a religious group/church claiming that the earth is flat.

Just because some flat earther claims to be religious doesn't mean that the institution shares the same beliefs.

Does anyone actually know of a recognized church that believes the Earth is flat because of a bible verse?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton's answer for a flat earth was ridiculously stupid.

But are we sure he is stupid or just uneducated?

He also said in the podcast he spent very little time in school.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have never seen or heard of a religious group/church claiming that the earth is flat.

Just because some flat earther claims to be religious doesn't mean that the institution shares the same beliefs.

Does anyone actually know of a recognized church that believes the Earth is flat because of a bible verse?
I don’t think it’s a religious thing I think it’s misinterpreted.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've don't understand why Flat earthers can't all just go take a look for themselves if the edge of the earth has an ice wall or not.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've don't understand why Flat earthers can't all just go take a look for themselves if the edge of the earth has an ice wall or not.
I just don’t get why is it even a big deal if it flat or round .
It’s not changing anything, our life will still be the same.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I just don’t get why is it even a big deal if it flat or round .
It’s not changing anything, our life will still be the same.
Because - if you believe the Earth is flat despite the lack of evidence and the massive amount of evidence that its a spheroid - then what else is on the cards?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that you can't find pro flat earth content anymore on YouTube?