Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Angus Crichton would be a handy pick up for Eastwood considering he is being offered around the same money by the Rooster and Souths that Eastwood is on.
"Handy pick up" lol. He would be a lot more than that. He was arguably the best edge forward in the game this season. I'm sure if he leaves he will be off to the Roosters anyway.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All in all good to see he’s in good health, Plus is it just me or is he looking slimmer?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Angus Crichton would be a handy pick up for Eastwood considering he is being offered around the same money by the Rooster and Souths that Eastwood is on.
I would much rather save the money for future upgrades and the spine. We have a few up and coming forwards including Martin and RFM who should become classy backrowers.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is but he will have a stress test next week and then again in January.. if he doesnt pass those tests then most likely he will have to retire.
He will be retired.
Stress tests are not too hard for someone like Beast but its the long term mental effect this has on your mind health.
I had to give competitive sport away for a heart related issue and i assure you once its in your head that your heart is ‘damaged or not 100%’, everything in your head and world changes.

My thoughts are the Beast will pack it in knowing that he still gets paid and doesnt have to play.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will be retired.
Stress tests are not too hard for someone like Beast but its the long term mental effect this has on your mind health.
I had to give competitive sport away for a heart related issue and i assure you once its in your head that your heart is ‘damaged or not 100%’, everything in your head and world changes.

My thoughts are the Beast will pack it in knowing that he still gets paid and doesnt have to play.
You seem confident. No reason not to beleive you.

Guess next question is, what do we all with all that extra cap room???

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You seem confident. No reason not to beleive you.

Guess next question is, what do we all with all that extra cap room???
Invest it in Bitcoin...lol

Yeah im confident that he will give it away because this is a legitimate reason to do so and heart issues are something that never goes away so he does have to rethink everything.
Insurance is also an issue, now he has been diagnosed with a heart matter there will be contract repercussions so i think he will go.

I dont have a clue who is out there, available and worthwhile but my guess is we would look to top a few guys up and see who is available for 2019

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Invest it in Bitcoin...lol

Yeah im confident that he will give it away because this is a legitimate reason to do so and heart issues are something that never goes away so he does have to rethink everything.
Insurance is also an issue, now he has been diagnosed with a heart matter there will be contract repercussions so i think he will go.

I dont have a clue who is out there, available and worthwhile but my guess is we would look to top a few guys up and see who is available for 2019
Probably best to keep the money free for a midseason signing, a decent player or two might be on the move..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will be retired.

Not easy at all knowing your heart has the potential to beat at 260bpm during a high intensive work out.... I can imagine you wouldn't risk anything adrenalin ever again.

Reactions: DT

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I see the same writing, big man, heart concern, not worth the risk at his age and time in life. Especially seeing he’s had a highly decorated career and can be paid out regardless.

As others said hopefully for the dogs we get the cap space and sign Crichton as a direct gun replacement. Forward pack of klem, woods, jacko, Crichton with the other lads like Danny f, tualau, rfm etc we are laughing for years to come.

If we can’t finally get one up on the chooks then rts to improve us and show the chooks we got their better fullback

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Long term his health has to be the first priority and i hope that the procedure he went through has got his heart beating right.

But when it comes down to it, he's been one of my favorite players in recent years. He's not quick at all, but he's a player that uses his bulk well. I love seeing him bust through a wall of defenders and instantly start looking for someone quick to give the ball to since he knows full well that he'll get caught over long distances. But there have been times when he's produced some magic m,oments in big games, and if he can get back to doing that for another season it would be great to see. I'd really like him to be able to leave the game on his own terms rather than be forced out through health issues.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I agree. I would also like to see how everyone performs under pay before passing judgement. Then we can better determine exactly what we need.
I do agree however we (everyone except Hasler) have known that a halfback is needed and has been for years. I am really keen to see Mbye at Fullback and would be surprised after he is given a good go if he was moved again. The money must be used/put aside for securing a suitable halfback for the future whether it's an up-coming bloke or an established one for the 2019 season. We need a halfback!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I do agree however we (everyone except Hasler) have known that a halfback is needed and has been for years. I am really keen to see Mbye at Fullback and would be surprised after he is given a good go if he was moved again. The money must be used/put aside for securing a suitable halfback for the future whether it's an up-coming bloke or an established one for the 2019 season. We need a halfback!
We have our halfback, he just needs to stay fit and pray his leg doesn't fall off when he kicks a ball lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.