Bulldogs wanting to medically retire Eastwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Long term his health has to be the first priority and i hope that the procedure he went through has got his heart beating right.

But when it comes down to it, he's been one of my favorite players in recent years. He's not quick at all, but he's a player that uses his bulk well. I love seeing him bust through a wall of defenders and instantly start looking for someone quick to give the ball to since he knows full well that he'll get caught over long distances. But there have been times when he's produced some magic m,oments in big games, and if he can get back to doing that for another season it would be great to see. I'd really like him to be able to leave the game on his own terms rather than be forced out through health issues.

Not every time he gets caught!

This time he did

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought it had to be a football related injury to medically retire.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Your heart is as clear as it gets for medically retired. The only thing I’ve heard of it was when they tried to claim something wasn’t an exisiting injury e.g matai (his neck, shoulder was already fucked before his last contract)

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thought he was a 5/8?
He's always been more of a 7 though. When him and DCE were on fire Foran was the more structured half, he organised the team, got them through the sets, managed the game etc.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Right.

So are they are they trying to lie about it.

I have the same condition as he has & it has nothing to do with football.
Your not expected to do what he does physically either. Which is therefor a condition that restricts him playing as per his contract. Much like an other serious injury.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Right.

It is an insurance issue and so long as it wasn't pre-existing when he signed his current contract and it prevents him from being able to carry out his normal course of business (i.e. playing footy) and he didn't contribute to it through his personal behaviours then he is entitled to claim against it. So just where exactly is the lie? I'm sure if you can find Andrew Gee he can explain it all to you....

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Right.

Sorry to hear that sis but you would know it would effect you playing footy.

My condition stopped me playing park footy.

Take it easy on the former Bronco ;)

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Right.

You should brush up on how the human body works if you have that condition. If you can’t figure out how physical activity and cardiovascular systems can effect one another, you should do some research for your own sake

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You should brush up on how the human body works if you have that condition. If you can’t figure out how physical activity and cardiovascular systems can effect one another, you should do some research for your own sake

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I assume that becayse his heart is a ongoing issue in terms of it possibly causing himself harm, i would wonder if greg is going to even risk his life for a career still in league... i think the wheels have started turning and he will be forced to retire and getting support from the dogs to get him into a after football life. Hopefully he is all good and everything is on the up from here. Im interested to see how he will play with dean pay as coach.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds more like media want him to retire, rather than Beastwood himself.

Minor issue, and if its corrected there's no reason why he can't have a longer NRL career.

If Tate and Turner can play the game in neck braces anythings possible.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds more like media want him to retire, rather than Beastwood himself.

Minor issue, and if its corrected there's no reason why he can't have a longer NRL career.

If Tate and Turner can play the game in neck braces anythings possible.
Well if dean pay can make him into a beast again, then why not. He was good until that northern beaches turd fucked him and the rest of the team.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who remembers when Eastwood had a great offload in his game, that was one of the reasons I liked watching him
He also used to have a good step and beat at least one defender running at the line. Unfortunately his weight and our awesome previous coach put an end to anything related to attack

Status
Not open for further replies.