Bulldogs wanting to medically retire Eastwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Coach

Waterboy
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are considering medically retiring Greg Eastwood after the Kiwi international forward underwent surgery for an irregular heartbeat last week.

The club is desperately trying to free up money in the salary cap to sign a halfback and question marks over Eastwood’s future see his career in doubt. The 30-year-old’s body has caused him problems in recent seasons - even before the heart problems a chronic knee injury saw him play just 33 games in the last two seasons. The Bulldogs’ new coach Dean Pay has decided to move halfback Moses Mbye to fullback next season, leaving him short of a number seven for the new season.

Eastwood will be on around $800,000 next season but if he is medically retired, he will get his money - but not out of the salary cap.

That $800,000 will give the Bulldogs plenty of ammunition to find a halves partner for new signing Kieran Foran.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On what planet is Eastwood on $800k? Surely that can not be possible, even with third party payments...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Said couple days ago, would be best for the club

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Back ended deals....

AKA a Des Deal AKA we got fuck3d
Well if i was the NRL i wouldn't allow it for the full $800k to not count in the cap. It would have to be the average, say $600k is covered in insurance but $200k counts in the cap.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if i was the NRL i wouldn't allow it for the full $800k to not count in the cap. It would have to be the average, say $600k is covered in insurance but $200k counts in the cap.
wouldn't it better for the club if Eastwood's full amount was paid by insurance.
ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU SUPPORT THE BULLDOGS.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Which ever way this goes for greg( career wise) at the end of the day , i hope his heatlh issue is resolved and all ok. He is a quality fella and has been a great ornament to our club.
I have to say I have had soft spot for him with his teddy bear looks

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put on insta he was back at training today. Don’t see the point in retiring him. Put him in NSW Cup and keep as back up. He’s obviously not being re-signed. So using he’s money we can target a big name half. No point now, nobody’s on the market. I wouldn’t mind going hard at Morgan tbh.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree. He is on 800k next year, so thats 800k out of our cap. Regardless of whether its backended, thats what he is costing us.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But youre not the nrl so it doesnt matter its whatever the rule is

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bullshit, he's our secret weapon, a heart that can't keep rythem don't mean shit, he won't drop dead, flog him harder, the heart will get it.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put on insta he was back at training today. Don’t see the point in retiring him. Put him in NSW Cup and keep as back up. He’s obviously not being re-signed. So using he’s money we can target a big name half. No point now, nobody’s on the market. I wouldn’t mind going hard at Morgan tbh.
which instagram are you looking at mate?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mole doesn't know shit.

I was so happy when RLW shut down, thinking this washed up hack would be gone for good.

Then fucking 9 WWOS had to throw the flog a lifeline, once again continuing the legacy of bullshitdom.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
wouldn't it better for the club if Eastwood's full amount was paid by insurance.
ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU SUPPORT THE BULLDOGS.
Of course I do. I was speaking hypothetically before. It's just another salary cap rort waiting to happen and no doubt the roosters or broncos are already working on a way to back end one of their current stars!

I still don't believe he is on 800k though.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are considering medically retiring Greg Eastwood after the Kiwi international forward underwent surgery for an irregular heartbeat last week.

The club is desperately trying to free up money in the salary cap to sign a halfback and question marks over Eastwood’s future see his career in doubt. The 30-year-old’s body has caused him problems in recent seasons - even before the heart problems a chronic knee injury saw him play just 33 games in the last two seasons. The Bulldogs’ new coach Dean Pay has decided to move halfback Moses Mbye to fullback next season, leaving him short of a number seven for the new season.

Eastwood will be on around $800,000 next season but if he is medically retired, he will get his money - but not out of the salary cap.

That $800,000 will give the Bulldogs plenty of ammunition to find a halves partner for new signing Kieran Foran.
A teriffic servant of the club-people please do not forget he has been great for us and please note the last two years injuries have hamperee him and possiblly playing style-i guess good excuse to dump him-sad story of true

Status
Not open for further replies.