Official Bulldogs vs Raiders NRL Trial - Sat 23rd Feb - Discussion Thread

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I didn’t even notice CHN on the field. I’d still have him on the bench.
dude must still want to be in penrith...
i watched all this game and the all stars and i havent seen him get involved at all... very concerning

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need quality or at least adequate outside backs that can at least defend. Okunbor has been average since sgball - makes the same mistakes year after year. Olive still hasn't learnt to defend. Montoya went ok today. Harper general makes good decisions defensively but offers little in attack. Probabaly better off using a mobile back rower in the centres.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Swap Cogger out for Lewis and the 13 that started would be my round 1 starting team. It’s a shame we don’t have another trial where we could give the rest of the team extended minutes to fight for the bench.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was crazy with the penalties I counted 5 off side penalties in a row against us. Something is wrong either our team is slack or the refs were only worried about one side. I can’t believe we are that bad if we are there is a problem

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap Cogger out for Lewis and the 13 that started would be my round 1 starting team. It’s a shame we don’t have another trial where we could give the rest of the team extended minutes to fight for the bench.
Do you know that as fact or just guessing? Surly Lewis is ahead of Cogger?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude must still want to be in penrith...
i watched all this game and the all stars and i havent seen him get involved at all... very concerning
After watching him at penrith, I had great hopes that we had bought a really good one, watching on a very small screen him and a few others were hard to identify, so I'll accept your opinion

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
After watching him at penrith, I had great hopes that we had bought a really good one, watching on a very small screen him and a few others were hard to identify, so I'll accept your opinion
I honestly hope Pay starts him next to Foran... we need to get some value out of him and Mariner will offer impact no matter where he plays so bench is fine for him

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Okunbors defence lost us the game
Okunbur did the right thing by following his centre (Olive) up and in. Olive made the poor defensive read, was unable to shut down the play hence the overlap on Okunbur.
Outside of getting carried away after putting a good shot on Croker and getting caught out of position, Okunbur did ok. Particularly so considering the Raiders left edge of Wighton, Croker and Cotric.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rewatch the first half
Raiders could not keep up with us

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
C Smith too slow and heavy for a centre position. CHN just hasn’t impressed me at all...he’s bloody lazy
I haven't been overly impressed from today and All Stars. However considering he had an injury delayed off season he'll probably need a few games to get match fit.