Official Bulldogs vs Raiders NRL Trial - Sat 23rd Feb - Discussion Thread

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's about his efforts. Show some punch, be a bit explosive, raise the intensity.
Lewie was terrific for the time he was on,, his kicks are so powerful. A player that can lift a team for sure. Some of his tackles in the 2nd half were good especially when on a few occasions he went to our left and made some good tackles. But you can certainly pick out the fg players from the isp players. We have better players to choose from this year. Enjoyed obviously the first half, Canberra were better in the 2nd than us. Giving away too many silly penalties is a concern.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Unlucky to lose, in the main season that last try wouldnt have made it past the video ref. But then in the main season we wouldnt have had so many reserve graders on the field in the second half either.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unlucky to lose, in the main season that last try wouldnt have made it past the video ref. But then in the main season we wouldnt have had so many reserve graders on the field in the second half either.
I consider today a win for us. Our first team against theirs and we made them look like our sons.

Second half was a whole bunch of Park footballers and a few first graders against a strong Canberra team. Ricky Stuart is unrelenting in trials...win at all costs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lichaa and John Olive ... if only another club would take them... for free.... it'd be perfect.

JMK without a doubt over Lichaa in Round 1. Then when Nu Brown is ready have him on the bench.

A few observations:
PROS
Tolman was impressive in the time he was on, and Napa was taking hitup after hitup. Sue looks decent as well.
RFM hitting up hard and getting involved.
Smith, Holland and Hoppa have cemented their spots and carried last seasons form.
JMK far crisper and faster than Lichaa from dummy half.
Crichton has an error in him, so needs to keep on his game.
Jackson looked really dangerous ball in hand.
Foran was incredily good and will only get better. Was playing both sides of the field at one stage.
Lewis has worked on his short kicking game and looks like him and Foran won't be afraid to mix it up.
Montoya was good from what I saw at centre.
Chris Smith pushing a hard case for selection.
Okunbor is going to destroy someone this year.

CONS
Harper, Meaney, Cogger, Okunbor - all not ready (as expected).
Olive defensively shocking and made Okunbor look an idiot.
Marschke - one touch one drop.
Tualau and Katoa - not sure they even played.
To'omaga, CHN and Martin - quiet.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree but not sure what the penalty count was but I counted at least 5 off side penalties against us either we have a discipline problem there or the refs were only watching one side.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa and John Olive ... if only another club would take them... for free.... it'd be perfect.

JMK without a doubt over Lichaa in Round 1. Then when Nu Brown is ready have him on the bench.

A few observations:
PROS
Tolman was impressive in the time he was on, and Napa was taking hitup after hitup. Sue looks decent as well.
RFM hitting up hard and getting involved.
Smith, Holland and Hoppa have cemented their spots and carried last seasons form.
JMK far crisper and faster than Lichaa from dummy half.
Crichton has an error in him, so needs to keep on his game.
Jackson looked really dangerous ball in hand.
Foran was incredily good and will only get better. Was playing both sides of the field at one stage.
Lewis has worked on his short kicking game and looks like him and Foran won't be afraid to mix it up.
Montoya was good from what I saw at centre.
Chris Smith pushing a hard case for selection.
Okunbor is going to destroy someone this year.

CONS
Harper, Meaney, Cogger, Okunbor - all not ready (as expected).
Olive defensively shocking and made Okunbor look an idiot.
Marschke - one touch one drop.
Tualau and Katoa - not sure they even played.
To'omaga, CHN and Martin - quiet.
I thought Crichton was quite strong today to be honest. He’s a quick little pocket rocket. Gets involved plenty and makes metres. He’ll be good for us.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Renouf was the biggest disappointment for mine. He was blowing a few seconds after getting on the field, looks out of shape and was very sluggish. Hopefully it’s just a case of knocking off the rust...

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Crichton was quite strong today to be honest. He’s a quick little pocket rocket. Gets involved plenty and makes metres. He’ll be good for us.
Lol reminds a bit of Matt Utai

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Renouf was the biggest disappointment for mine. He was blowing a few seconds after getting on the field, looks out of shape and was very sluggish. Hopefully it’s just a case of knocking off the rust...
Renouf and Toomaga have both been surpassed by C. Smith. Neither of them or Tualau will play unless we’re desperate imo