Official Bulldogs vs Raiders NRL Trial - Sat 23rd Feb - Discussion Thread

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tedesco
Now who else do u guys think will come next ?
Before hoppa
Obviously t turbo and ponga ect are up there.
List of fullbacks to where u think hoppa falls in
Pretty sure RTS was the best player in the game last year

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's a bit injury prone, only played 25 games since 2016 with the Panthers. Tough injuries like a medial ligament in 2017 and a shoulder that needed reconstruction and ruled him out from round 8 (against us) last year. There is chance that he might not even be their first fullback selected. He may well turn out to be OK, but right now I don't think so, IMHO of course.

Go Dogs
The same thing happened with Tedesco and look how he turned out.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah so a dodgy dally m points system suggests. Tedesco for mine is the better fullback and his team went a hell of alot better.
Put Tedesco in the Warriors and he ain’t shit

Put Roger in the Roosters and he wins a comp (as history shows)

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah i remebered that afterwards. Tedesco has the pace and roger has that step. I think rts could even be a great 5/8 if he had the kicking game.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Tedesco would be great if he played for Parramatta... guy is a weapon

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tim Williams is a News Limited reporter from down south. Doesn't have a clue about NRL.

If he did his research he'd know that Lewis was almost a late sctaching from the game with a leg issue (right for R1), hence Cogger starting.
Wasn’t an injury,didn’t travel with the team on the plane,turned up a day later.Hence Cogger starting

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn’t an injury,didn’t travel with the team on the plane,turned up a day later.Hence Cogger starting
Yeah he had a leg infection and was touch and go as to if it would clear up in time. Hence didn't travel with the team (who went down by bus as far as I am aware).

3rdgendogfanWA

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It will be Foran and Lewis in the halves for sure. Lewis adds an intangible that no-one else can. Somewhat like what Reynolds did for us. It's effort/confidence/enthusiasm/footy presence. Hard to describe exactly what it is, but you never leave out a player like Lewis.
X-Factor

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah he had a leg infection and was touch and go as to if it would clear up in time. Hence didn't travel with the team (who went down by bus as far as I am aware).
Team flew down on Thursday, it would be 7 hours or so by bus, but pretty sure they weren’t all on the same flight, as Merimbula is only serviced by REX airlines and their planes only seat 30 or so. All the gear had to come by road, as it wouldn’t fit in the plane.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Team flew down on Thursday, it would be 7 hours or so by bus, but pretty sure they weren’t all on the same flight, as Merimbula is only serviced by REX airlines and their planes only seat 30 or so. All the gear had to come by road, as it wouldn’t fit in the plane.
I know they did Port Macquarie on bus, and used to head to Kingscliff by coach as well. Pretty sure the coach sets more than 30.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know they did Port Macquarie on bus, and used to head to Kingscliff by coach as well. Pretty sure the coach sets more than 30.
They definitely flew down on a tiny REX plane a few players had it on their instagram.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Team flew down,gear went down by road,Lewis didnt fly

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
100% not injured