Bulldogs star Jamal Idris chooses to join Gold Coast Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
K Moore is a dud coach, he has no game play but one out stuff. if im wrong please explain how?
kevin moore isnt a dud coach and he has game play, that should explain it

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I cant stand these young players chasing the almighty dollar after 1 or 2 years in the top grade. The club has invested thousands of thousands of dollars basically turning them into a first grader for them to turn around and run with the money first chance they get. If he had played with us for a solid 4 -5 years in the top grade I wouldnt have a problem.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He hasn't actually signed yet according to the article? Something might happen until then. Greenburg do your magic!

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knights offered him more money tho.
True, but the Titans offered him his own TV Show.... he has said that he wants to be a tv Star...

Although I have a feeling that Wayne didn't want him at the knights.

G

Gladiator.

People who think Lafai isn't going to be that good aren't seriously appreciating what he has done in 4 NRL games.

15+ tackle busts, 2 100+ metre games a try and a try assist.
Not to mention not conceding a line break or try through his own fault.
And a disallowed try, which infact was a try.

Lafai, for his age and experience, has shown alot of skill and promise, he also has a class about him ;-)

L

loui323

Read what I am saying FFS...He didn't sign with the titans because of the Coach... He signed because of the Money...you're saying he signed because of the coach, which is stupid.
He left because his getting his own TV Show :grinning:

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
People who think Lafai isn't going to be that good aren't seriously appreciating what he has done in 4 NRL games.

15+ tackle busts, 2 100+ metre games a try and a try assist.
Not to mention not conceding a line break or try through his own fault.
You for got 74 miss tackles, slaps and misreads in defence

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Yes I agree likeadoggy bring him along but purchase someone for one of the most crucial positions on the field until he is ready. Bring the kid in too soon and it will only hinder. I like the bloke but he is not the answer in the next 2 seasons. I cant wait to see his potential either mate but with the cash we need a centre.
it's not one of the most crucial positions on the field

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Read what I am saying FFS...He didn't sign with the titans because of the Coach... He signed because of the Money...you're saying he signed because of the coach, which is stupid.
No mate, what i said was UNDER the right coach he would be a star. not thats the reason he left

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
DOGGGOD - this guy is on drugs....our problem has been frontrow for the past 3 yrs.........we have good cover in the backs.....i dnt think we will miss Idris as much as this bloke thinks............def 1,6,7,9 & front row....
We have 1, 6, 7 and 9 and frontrow
1 BARBA
6 KEATING
7 HODKINSON
9 ENNIS

FRONTROW KASIANO TOLMAN PAEA HODGSON EASTWOOD AND RYAN.

Yes we could purchase another prop but a centre is what we need.

anjing

Waterboy
Reaction score
Idris is a very good player, but as someone else said on here, we can not have a superstar in every position. We have some quality backs, Lafai seems to have done a great job in the absence of Morris. Good luck to Idris. He will be missed though as he is one of the real characters in the game at the moment.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Best news I've heard all day! The guy is a hack who cannot defend to save his life!!!

Kevin Moore please dumb him to Reserves... Our defence has been rock solid all year, the only real weak link as been Idris!

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
You for got 74 miss tackles, slaps and misreads in defence
Which centre got the best of him? Not Farrell, SKD, Champion, or Gasnier exploited his freshness.

I can agree he has missed some tackles and his tackling technique isn't quite right. But no miss tackle he has made has cost us anything.

Take into account he is 19 and came straight from 20's to NRL, he is going to be good.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Our style of coaching and play does not suit Idris.

I bet he will do fine at the Titans.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
I am glad this is all over. was like being in a dentist waiting room. He is going to come out with 'i'm still contracted to the dogs this year so i'm going to do my best to get to us the GF'' - When Morris comes back KM should stick No 8 or 10 on his
back, take it up the middle all day without a rest. Make him earn his money. Sounds vindictive, but who cares. When negotiations started his value was 80% on field - 20% marketable. Now this seems to be reversed. I know he going to cop a lot of flack
which is going to affect his performance on field, more than it already has. Probably to the extent Greenberg will piss him off, cant see this happening but if it is going to disrupt our year to the extent of us missing the eight who knows.
P.S. F...k you Ayoub on hopefully the last ever deal you do in the NRL

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very over rated player being over paid. 400k for a centre is horrendous, aka Israel last year etc

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He hasn't actually signed yet according to the article? Something might happen until then. Greenburg do your magic!
Yes. Pull Graham out of of a hat.

G

Gladiator.

Which centre got the best of him? Not Farrell, SKD, Champion, or Gasnier exploited his freshness.

I can agree he has missed some tackles and his tackling technique isn't quite right. But no miss tackle he has made has cost us anything.

Take into account he is 19 and came straight from 20's to NRL, he is going to be good.
Dont listen to him, he has 5 missed tackles in 4 appearances, 100+ m in 3 games, 40 hitups for 360m in 4 games, where the average for the NRL is 35 hitups.

Status
Not open for further replies.