Bulldogs star Jamal Idris chooses to join Gold Coast Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Disappointed to see Jammer leave, but he is doing what's best for him and his family, I wish him all the best. The club has invested time, money and resources into him and it seems a waste to see him leave. In the end, that's the name of the game. Loyalty works both ways and we cannot retain everyone under the salary cap.

He is certainly not worth the money being paraded by the clubs interested in him on current form. I'm sure the money left in the cap will be used wisely to pick up the relevant replacements for 2012.

This however presents an opportunity for Tim Lafai to consolidate himself into the team. I'll be very keen to see how he would go at right centre.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good points Will. On Lafai, he seems to enjoy tackling on his left side. What side did he play in NYC?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jamal signed a 5 year $2.5 million deal. We offered him $380,000 a year.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He really isn't worth $500 grand a year. We should not be paying over $400 grand for a centre who is such a weapon in attack but reads so badly in defence close to our line. We got Morris still.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
I honestly think that is crazy $$, what are the titans thinking!?!

Is he now (or rather will be) the highest paid centre in the game? Or is it Inglis still... (What is he on?)

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
He'll regret this there will be immense pressure to perform as a 1/2 mil dollar player form the titans fans, If he turns in defensive effort like he does here it won't be pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.