News Bulldogs set to make call on coach Dean Pay’s future

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What the difference?
Point your making clearly is that wane in untested in the nrl.
Same as thommo?No
We are talking Bout rugba league right? Not different codes.
One could expect good things from wane of well? No?
What’s the difference?
We’ve signed Thommo...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that pay is only a puppet, and all team selections, game plans and recruitment is handled by our megalomaniac former board director, hence why they won't sign anyone like bennett or bellamy or anyone of note for that matter ,hence the extension mooted for pay
Then why do you continually go on about having to sign a credentialed coach? Why not admit Pay has not fulfilled any criteria that he stated he would implement since he was signed.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that pay is only a puppet, and all team selections, game plans and recruitment is handled by our megalomaniac former board director, hence why they won't sign anyone like bennett or bellamy or anyone of note for that matter ,hence the extension mooted for pay
Pay is not a puppet, he simply has very little to no say in player recruitment, team selection & even training sessions. Admirable how he keeps turning up day to day under these circumstances.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Continually? OK :-).
As I said, I think 2022 presents better options than 2021 and that’s it.
What coaching options will be available in 2022 that aren't gettable for 2021?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn’t pay 600k for an untried proven fg centre in cotric

I don’t want Oates (butterfingers flop) or Isaako (one good game every 10).

flegler
Staggs
Deardon
Coates
Farnworth

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sack the hierarchy and give pay another year on his terms, poor bugger
Pay is not a puppet, he simply has very little to no say in player recruitment, team selection & even training sessions. Admirable how he keeps turning up day to day under these circumstances.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What coaching options will be available in 2022 that aren't gettable for 2021?
Fitzgibbon and Holbrook are both available for example and are not in 2021. I don’t think Holbrook has set the world on fire at the Titans but it’s early days and not willing to pass judgment yet. Fitzgibbon may want the Steelers job to return to his roots (if Mary lasts that long).

Despite me wanting neither - Bennett and Flanagan are also both available for 2022 at this point - so to answer your question that’s 4 available options for 2022 that aren’t options for 2021.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that's why the media has gone easy on pay, they know who really calls the shots at belmore.
Pay would have told his best mate ricky, ricky would have told his best mate Paul kent, then spread like wildfire to all the journos...quite embarrassing actually for our hierarchy

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And from what i hear only paying him 60% of his paltry salary....but we are the family club ..righteo

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fitzgibbon and Holbrook are both available for example and are not in 2021. I don’t think Holbrook has set the world on fire at the Titans but it’s early days and not willing to pass judgment yet. Fitzgibbon may want the Steelers job to return to his roots (if Mary lasts that long).

Despite me wanting neither - Bennett and Flanagan are also both available for 2022 at this point - so to answer your question that’s 4 available options for 2022 that aren’t options for 2021.
Paul Green? Just kidding.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they waiting for a win, to announce one year extension
Mate, I genuinely believe that. I am shitting myself ahead of this weeks game because I think we have a 10% chance of winning and if we do I'm expecting the sympathy contract extension. They can't do after a series of losses so they need a win to do it and this is out best chance to jag a win. The way were going even the Warriors and Titans will beat us

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

You've said yourself before that you don't want any of them as coach... So I don't know why you personally want to wait another year for four coaches you have little to no interest in.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go the broncos lol yes lads we lose by a lot to the broncos pay is gone so the more stupid selections he makes its another nail in the coffin

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definite EGM
You've said yourself before that you don't want any of them as coach... So I don't know why you personally want to wait another year for four coaches you have little to no interest in.