News Bulldogs set to make call on coach Dean Pay’s future

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t pay 600k for an untried proven fg centre in cotric

I don’t want Oates (butterfingers flop) or Isaako (one good game every 10).

flegler
Staggs
Deardon
Coates
Farnworth
probably add Turpin, and given the fact Fifita will NOT come here (unfortunately), then THIS is the only Broncos I’d ever entertain the thought of.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They're not going to sack him on game day Scoobs.

But I doubt they punt him at all. They're probably just waiting for a win against a fellow bottom four team before they announce his re-signing.

If they re-sign Pay, they're all putting the nails into their own coffins. I don't know why they're so insistent on backing him at the expense of their own jobs but that's the way it seems..
I just want them to sack him, never mind the day lol. But Very valid point and truth.. yet somehow it should of been done weeks ago before game days :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

nails in coffins, I think there all in. Just one more to go until the fat lady sings.. problem is she never seems to around here Of late..!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like you’re in the frame mate :-)
View attachment 15863
Nah mate, we have far bigger problems as a club than Pay.. Infighting and bickering amongst staff, club members, sponsors, our fans abusing each other and every fucking drunk scribe in the country putting their scoop forward. I mentioned to you about a month ago that this was going to spiral out of control and sadly its playing out that way and the longer it goes the worse it gets.

If we were having a dig and not embarrassing our colours each week it would be a different story. There would still be some that would boo Santa regardless but now its the majority and they are all turning on each other. We are not being coached well but worse still as a club we are not being led well.

Lead follow or get out of the way should be the mantra but instead its stall, indecision and silence..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nah mate, we have far bigger problems as a club than Pay.. Infighting and bickering amongst staff, club members, sponsors, our fans abusing each other and every fucking drunk scribe in the country putting their scoop forward. I mentioned to you about a month ago that this was going to spiral out of control and sadly its playing out that way and the longer it goes the worse it gets.

If we were having a dig and not embarrassing our colours each week it would be a different story. There would still be some that would boo Santa regardless but now its the majority and they are all turning on each other. We are not being coached well but worse still as a club we are not being led well.

Lead follow or get out of the way should be the mantra but instead its stall, indecision and silence..
I agree indecision and division are damaging but there is a lot of noise too - which means nothing once it blows over. Look at the Steelers - a month ago it was all about them and impending doom. A couple of wins and...crickets. Right now we look like we’ve forgotten how to win. That corner has to be turned one way or another.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read in the paper today (telegraph) Trent Barrett is going to be the new coach and I know it's the tele but I reckon this will happen, at least Pay will be gone

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree indecision and division are damaging but there is a lot of noise too - which means nothing once it blows over. Look at the Steelers - a month ago it was all about them and impending doom. A couple of wins and...crickets. Right now we look like we’ve forgotten how to win. That corner has to be turned one way or another.
That noise is created by the club indecision and the only noise we should hearing from are mute?? Fans now are like millennial in that they want results and decisions instantly and to be honest they are entitled. Mate even if we somehow win next week that will have us at 2 from 10 after being 3 from 10 in 2019, if we lose its just 1 from 10..

They need to play a card now and it better be a good one otherwise someone will "Call"

Oh and the dragons are comfortable because they will have either Flanagan or Fitzgibbon coming..

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the ‘assistant’ coaches doing? We just lack in attack! If Georgalis is the attack coach well it shows he was better player then coach and he was a very very average player!
Like the set is simple
3 hit ups
Tolman centre field on the 4th
Shift left/ or Shift right to a half out the back
Then another shift and a kick
We have nothing else the plays are from the Des era
I think these 2 assistants need to go ASAP!
Get a halves coach!!! Wakeham won’t learn anything under these current crop only how to lose.
He needs to be given time I admit but give him the ball and some ‘free reign’ Little kicks etc getting repeats will come to fruition and in time teams will hold back he needs to stop being out the back. Wtf does a front rower with no passing ability get the ball at first receiver and slow us even further in the opposition 20??
Make terry lamb part of our ‘bubble‘ ffs! He at least could read the game and can help these halves! The amount of times that a forward is standing with his arms free and no support would drive him insane. JMK or whoever is the dummy half needs to be up there!
Rant over

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just wait until 2021 until he gets the full salary cap guys lol