Bulldogs player walks out

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Or they felt they couldn't say anything at the time to support the player...a few may have wanted to? and now later they are called a snitch for possibly speaking up to give this player some support in this media blitz on him...the media will spin it worst case for the Bulldogs every time, every scenario.

There's always 2 sides to everything. We've only heard the media version.
No that's leadership. Even on NRL360 they highlighted that we don't have leaders. Guys have to speak up. That's what we need to work on, building our leaders so they have that confidence to speak up and tell it like it is. It's why the Dogs brought back Reynolds cause he always barks on the field, and Burton doesn't. They were hoping Reynolds could bring that out of Burton. Cause the leadership needs to be in the key positions.

The fact that halfway through the season the wheels fell off suggests that the leaders of the club, who will know who the players are, haven't decided to do anything about approaching those players and providing support or encouragement. Now that it has been left to fester it's impacted the whole playing group, cause you can see where things fell off in NSW Cup at the same time.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No that's leadership. Even on NRL360 they highlighted that we don't have leaders. Guys have to speak up. That's what we need to work on, building our leaders so they have that confidence to speak up and tell it like it is. It's why the Dogs brought back Reynolds cause he always barks on the field, and Burton doesn't. They were hoping Reynolds could bring that out of Burton. Cause the leadership needs to be in the key positions.
You are missing the point. We know we don't have leadership. If we had leadership a guy probably wouldn't be late for training in the first place.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why I said I hope this is the real CC and not just acting tough...
Wake up. This latest charade is all a big deflection. Theres been nothing tough about his coaching. Look at the pre season antics which immediately had us on the back foot cos they were all in cruise control, comfort zones. This continued all season. Look at the selections - persisting with a failing Perham for 18 rds, plus the others alike. Tough my ass

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wake up. This latest charade is all a big deflection. Theres been nothing tough about his coaching. Look at the pre season antics which immediately had us on the back foot cos they were all in cruise control, comfort zones. This continued all season. Look at the selections - persisting with a failing Perham for 18 rds, plus the others alike. Tough my ass
Well for our sake I hope that new age bullshit was just an act to get on their good side.

Unless Gus poaches a real coach somehow we are stuck with CC.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Me as well, but it’s not like there is an alternative..Back them or another never ending cleanout of board, coaches and players.

Plus, I don’t think we will recover if we don’t make this work. Who the fuck would want coach or play for us in the future after the last 7 fucked up years…

They have to make this work..
100%

We have gone all in now, do or die.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
You are missing the point. We know we don't have leadership. If we had leadership a guy probably wouldn't be late for training in the first place.
Life happens. Of course people are late at times, especially trying to get to Belmore during peak hours. And when that happens you know what the punishment is.

Either way, you like to throw a lot of stones. Not many answers other than sack them all.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Life happens. Of course people are late at times, especially trying to get to Belmore during peak hours. And when that happens you know what the punishment is.

Either way, you like to throw a lot of stones. Not many answers other than sack them all.
I may be old school but if I was running late I'd call in and explain why, its just common courtesy.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time Topine plays he has a go, he’s probably had enough because Okunbor would get picked before him, and I can’t blame him.
I hear what your saying mate, but reading between the lines it looks like the coaching teams set some standards at training and around the club to try and break the losing culture.

If players aren’t living up to those standards they can’t be rewarded with game time just because they go hard.

This losing stench has been at the club for 7 years, it’s still here now even though on paper we’ve got a team that could play finals, something needs to change …

If the players are lazy, wandering in late, taking liberties, whinging about training to hard, long hours, or whatever else the f*** is going on, it’s time they looked at where the team is on ladder, the points against, the 66-0 type ass kickings, and realised things need to f***** change …

Reward the ones with game time that have the right attitude about training and that help set the standards even though they may not go as hard, so the others see what standards they need to reach if they want to play … might not get you wins in the short term, but it will in the long term.

I for one am glad to hear they’ve finally flipped the switch … time everyone got professional and thought about the club and the fans ..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the rest of us, you have no idea what’s going on inside club walls, the difference is most of us can see that those in charge are working their asses off every day trying to change what’s wrong … meanwhile all you do everyday is point out what’s wrong, you offer no solutions, you just whinge on a forum ..

“Big Deflection” how the F*** would you know, this first year for Ciraldo might have been all about getting to know the players and about setting winning standards … Gould’s spoken often about the losing culture and that they’ve forgotten how to be winners, maybe this season was all about getting rid of the stench.

You don’t just flip a switch overnight and change a losing culture into a winning one, especially with a squad you’ve inherited, you have to set standards, rules, reward the ones that live up to them, the others then either lift to those same standards or take the train .. eventually you end up with a team that are all on the same page .. maybe that’s why we’ve all been confused about player selection and what’s really going on there, sort the professionals from the pretenders.

It’s not a coincidence that there’s a lot of players spitting the dummy at the moment, hard work and change is being drilled into them and losers don’t like change .. players have been tapped on the shoulder and it’s been made clear the losing mentality has to change ..

Remember … when Kourey, Gould and Co. get a new term and they eventually get the team firing again, all your negative crap is archived here, so keep your receipt because it’ll all come around …

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it's players like RFM and Topine then they've barely been in the team all year anyway. So that still doesn't explain or excuse the results the last few months or explain why our highest paid rep calibre players like Burton, Kikau, Fox and Mahoney have regressed so badly. Those guys will be here long term and have been part of the problem.

If Ciraldo can't get the best out of them, will they all be moved on too? They all deserve blame for their shocking effort and defensive performances but at the same time we've seen them play a lot better than this. Surely it's fair to wonder why Ciraldo hasn't gotten more out of our best players.
Exactly, if we fail
Next year what do we do? Over train and dump “lazy players”? We will be near 50 dumped lazy players which is impossible

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Like the rest of us, you have no idea what’s going on inside club walls, the difference is most of us can see that those in charge are working their asses off every day trying to change what’s wrong … meanwhile all you do everyday is point out what’s wrong, you offer no solutions, you just whinge on a forum ..

“Big Deflection” how the F*** would you know, this first year for Ciraldo might have been all about getting to know the players and about setting winning standards … Gould’s spoken often about the losing culture and that they’ve forgotten how to be winners, maybe this season was all about getting rid of the stench.

You don’t just flip a switch overnight and change a losing culture into a winning one, especially with a squad you’ve inherited, you have to set standards, rules, reward the ones that live up to them, the others then either lift to those same standards or take the train .. eventually you end up with a team that are all on the same page .. maybe that’s why we’ve all been confused about player selection and what’s really going on there, sort the professionals from the pretenders.

It’s not a coincidence that there’s a lot of players spitting the dummy at the moment, hard work and change is being drilled into them and losers don’t like change .. players have been tapped on the shoulder and it’s been made clear the losing mentality has to change ..

Remember … when Kourey, Gould and Co. get a new term and they eventually get the team firing again, all your negative crap is archived here, so keep your receipt because it’ll all come around …
I have done this sort of thing for a living. Change processes etc. Before you can change anything you need to understand why things were done the way they are currently, cause you could just be throwing the good out with the bad, who is able to assist in facilitating the changes in the organisation, be that players or other staff around the club. A good way to get everybody offside is just change things for change sake. The organisation needs a shake up, and now that CC has done his due diligence he is implementing the changes and that is always going to be upsetting to those who saw no problem with the way things worked before, but as they say if you do the same thing don't be surprised if you get the same result.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
but we’ve signed some players surely they know what our expectations are and if not then I doubt they sign and rock up to pre season and go “ohh sht, nup I’m leaving”
Yeah, I am more referring to future signings if this all turns to shit with Ciraldo and Gould. There is no plan B, this has to work or we are fucked.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly, if we fail
Next year what do we do? Over train and dump “lazy players”? We will be near 50 dumped lazy players which is impossible
There's no doubt that next year Ciraldo and the squad have a lot to prove. He's drawn a line in the sand which I respect but if we don't see massive improvement in effort and defence next year then it's really time to worry. No one expects a finals contender next year. But we need to be way more competitive and tougher mentally and physically. Time will tell whether this works or not. Hopefully it does because none of us want to go through this shit for another season.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Cheap shot merchant arent you then lol

Have said the team needs high standards instigated by them to be upheld without question with consequences.

Not wanting one single player, Gus or Ciro sacked. That wouldnt be needed if CC controlled the team from the outset but you gotta laugh at the mess for sure :grinning:

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In arecent - few weeks back pess conference cc did mention that building player leadership capability is something that will be addressed on off season

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have done this sort of thing for a living. Change processes etc. Before you can change anything you need to understand why things were done the way they are currently, cause you could just be throwing the good out with the bad, who is able to assist in facilitating the changes in the organisation, be that players or other staff around the club. A good way to get everybody offside is just change things for change sake. The organisation needs a shake up, and now that CC has done his due diligence he is implementing the changes and that is always going to be upsetting to those who saw no problem with the way things worked before, but as they say if you do the same thing don't be surprised if you get the same result.
You are absolutely correct in this analysis. Assuming this is what his approach has been given the facts we know.

During this process there is always going to be some disgruntled people as they don’t like the direction.

Sometimes you need to get rid of just a few of the main problems and the in-between sheep will follow the good eggs back on the correct path.

Once you get it where you need it, then maintaining the culture ( if you want to call it that) becomes your ongoing challenge.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In arecent - few weeks back pess conference cc did mention that building player leadership capability is something that will be addressed on off season
So good to hear. Nothing changes unless the players buy in, have personal and team accountability and hold each other to account. Thats what drives team spirit as well.