Bulldogs in crisis: Club great Steve Mortimer says he’ll quit if Des Hasler gets contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is my first post.

Mortimer is a club legend, deserves respect and is entitled to voice an opinion. Des talks about stats. Stats dont win games. Good players with vision that know how to play whats in front of them win games. Shackled players become puppets.

Des is applauded for a great 2012 - one Ben Barba set the Dogs alight - he was the reason behind the great year. But what happened in the GF? Des had no plan B and we lost.

Des has let good player's go. Rona scored 22 tries in 2015 because Pritchard was running down his side of the field. What happened to Rona post Pritchard? Very few tries and looked second rate. Ennis played with passion but Des shackled him.

In summary:

- he's let Pritchard Barba Ennis Finucane Tapou Chisholm & others go. Look at them now

- when he was at Manly 1st grade competitive and lower grades crap

- when he came to Dogs the lower grades were competitive. Look at them now

- he has only attracted Sherex Liccha HopoffonSundays and BMoz. I rate Bmoz

- 3 times hes failed to attract his mate Foran to the club. Why?

- Matautia brothers signed then backflipped

- we predominantly sign forwards - why

- he rarely changes first 17 no matter how bad they play. Look at Trex. 4 years of mediocrity b4 he acted

- juniors leave because they know they won't get a crack

- semi final v Penrith he decided to start with Kasiano after 2 weeks of no footy. What a fucking stupid idea. Kasiano has been our best player off the bench. Joe public knows that but not Des

- against Warriors in Wellington he started without Graham & Tolman & brought them on when we were losing

- finally dumb boring footy. Im sick of seeing Klemmer turn his back and run backwards into the opposition. Graham no longer runs to the line and passess, kicking game is crap, Reynolds runs sideways, Mbye doesnt get the ball, the Morris boys rarely touch the ball, hes bought reserve graders in Lee & Kennar blah blah blah etc etc etc.

I'm sick of Des. I want change. I want to see attractive footy. I want to be a club that good players want to come to. I want the Dogs of War passion.

Bring back old heads like Dean Pay.

I've rambled on too long. I wont renew my membership to the football club or my season tickets if Des is at the helm.

In the words of others - FUCK OFF DES

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Club legend or not, he shouldn't be sooking like a little girl in public the way he is.
Listen if it was during the season like what Lamb did then yes but its off season and this is the best time to shake the bottle.

Mortimer aint dumb, he wants the world to know what Hasler is doing wrong and he wants him gone asap.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly the clowns who signed off on that, I want to know what drugs they were on. Then Perrett came out in the media because he is also a mormon and said "I never thought to ask for Sundays off". Perrett the top bloke he is never thought to rip off the club like that even though he gave us many years of service.

How did they not realise how this would affect team morale.
I said it from Day 1 when the news broke, that we are going to pay the price for this at the end of the year. It was a no brainer.

Castle has to go. No question about it.

Des is to blame more for the Hoppa clause than whoever signed off on it.

Hoppa didnt go to Castle first, he went to Hasler. He told him that he doesnt want to play Sundays. Des should of told him, that its a team game, its a professional sport where each player counts on his teammates, but more importantly, club first. Hoppa would of agreed because which other spastic would agree to it.

Hasler presented the facts to Castle, she got wet with the Political Correctness opportunity at hand, and thats the end of it

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems the last few days Mortimer has been beating his chest telling every paper who cares to listen "I'M A DIRECTOR ON THE BOARD".

Mortimer needs to really shut the fuck up. I mean that. His latest few articles quoting him in the media, makes it sound like he's firing a gun into the air, happy to get sacked.

I mean he's tendered his resignation, and doesn't care if he leaves the board... THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES!!

Mortimer is doing more damage to this club opening his mouth than he realises. Oh and the gushing display of support for Castle says it all. He knows Castles position is on the chopping block, and by backing her and speaking out against Des, it turns the media spotlight away from her and criticism of her.

Yet others like RLW MOLE are saying board are unhappy as well.

COULD IT BE that Castle is potentially getting sacked, and that's why Mortimer has tendered his resignation in advance???

and if the club sack her and keep Hasler, he has a ready made excuse above.
What would Peter Moore have done? Maybe this is why two blokes in Baa and Turvey that knew him very well are acting like this.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said it from Day 1 when the news broke, that we are going to pay the price for this at the end of the year. It was a no brainer.

Castle has to go. No question about it.

Des is to blame more for the Hoppa clause than whoever signed off on it.

Hoppa didnt go to Castle first, he went to Hasler. He told him that he doesnt want to play Sundays. Des should of told him, that its a team game, its a professional sport where each player counts on his teammates, but more importantly, club first. Hoppa would of agreed because which other spastic would agree to it.

Hasler presented the facts to Castle, she got wet with the Political Correctness opportunity at hand, and thats the end of it
That has to be it, this whole thing wreaks of Castle's pc stance on everything so Hasler knew he'd get away with it.

I said earlier during the regular season it didn't phase me too much because "management/coach wouldn't be dumb enough to agree he doesn't play finals" how wrong was I lol

They had no plan, if you know a fullback is going to have sundays off and Bmoz is injured it wouldn't hurt to blood a young fullback who will take over. It could of been a great opportunity to give a young fullback 1st grade experience. Instead Perrett goes to fullback and we go back to square one. No thought went into this decision.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So bert newton is sacked and Hasler stays?

PS has Turvey got his eye on the top job?
Bro Turvey is the walking mouth piece for castle.Even if he wanted the top job,no way would the board let that happen but I highly doubt it.He was in charge once remember?Dean pay is on stand by but I don't think des will be sacked.Nothing is coming out at board level suggesting otherwise.Media is recycling everything and Turvey is there go to man for them.Lets just say that our CEO is playing dirty in the name of memberships...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Turvey is absolutely spot on good on him we play with zero passion because our guys hate their footy under hasler he wants robots and this eats turvey and us fans up - i love how much hes giving it to des

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro Turvey is the walking mouth piece for castle.Even if he wanted the top job,no way would the board let that happen but I highly doubt it.He was in charge once remember?Dean pay is on stand by but I don't think des will be sacked.Nothing is coming out at board level suggesting otherwise.Media is recycling everything and Turvey is there go to man for them.Lets just say that our CEO is playing dirty in the name of memberships...
Yeah I'm just going to wait for Friday.

Thanks for the info bro

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

well blame all the email kennelers sent her. lol

i will only accept Des if he changes his stubborn shitty boring as shit game plans let players play to their strengths, but i doubt he has the capacity to change, his head is way up in his own arse.

CHUCKYBOY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Been saying it all along. Des has to go.

This is my first post.

Mortimer is a club legend, deserves respect and is entitled to voice an opinion. Des talks about stats. Stats dont win games. Good players with vision that know how to play whats in front of them win games. Shackled players become puppets.

Des is applauded for a great 2012 - one Ben Barba set the Dogs alight - he was the reason behind the great year. But what happened in the GF? Des had no plan B and we lost.

Des has let good player's go. Rona scored 22 tries in 2015 because Pritchard was running down his side of the field. What happened to Rona post Pritchard? Very few tries and looked second rate. Ennis played with passion but Des shackled him.

In summary:

- he's let Pritchard Barba Ennis Finucane Tapou Chisholm & others go. Look at them now

- when he was at Manly 1st grade competitive and lower grades crap

- when he came to Dogs the lower grades were competitive. Look at them now

- he has only attracted Sherex Liccha HopoffonSundays and BMoz. I rate Bmoz

- 3 times hes failed to attract his mate Foran to the club. Why?

- Matautia brothers signed then backflipped

- we predominantly sign forwards - why

- he rarely changes first 17 no matter how bad they play. Look at Trex. 4 years of mediocrity b4 he acted

- juniors leave because they know they won't get a crack

- semi final v Penrith he decided to start with Kasiano after 2 weeks of no footy. What a fucking stupid idea. Kasiano has been our best player off the bench. Joe public knows that but not Des

- against Warriors in Wellington he started without Graham & Tolman & brought them on when we were losing

- finally dumb boring footy. Im sick of seeing Klemmer turn his back and run backwards into the opposition. Graham no longer runs to the line and passess, kicking game is crap, Reynolds runs sideways, Mbye doesnt get the ball, the Morris boys rarely touch the ball, hes bought reserve graders in Lee & Kennar blah blah blah etc etc etc.

I'm sick of Des. I want change. I want to see attractive footy. I want to be a club that good players want to come to. I want the Dogs of War passion.

Bring back old heads like Dean Pay.

I've rambled on too long. I wont renew my membership to the football club or my season tickets if Des is at the helm.

In the words of others - FUCK OFF DES

KelpiesHuskies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
love it i hope they thrash it out, even get into fisti cuffs if they have to. Looks get to the bottom of it.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cant see des staying past this,all those board members are pretty good mates youd think theyd all be on the same page - just spoke to a mate in the riff his son knows nathan and reckons ivan to the dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.