Bulldogs Finals Chance Saviour: Holdsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So far this year Holdsworth has played 11 games.
0 Trys 2 Try assists
185 Tackles 24 Missed (88% success rate)
3 Offloads
2 Line Breaks 2 Line Break Assists
7 Errors (less than 1 a game)
4 Penalties conceded.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
I think saying "I think Holdsworth is rubbish and I don't think we can win with him in the team, but I'd love to be proven wrong" is a massive fkn cop-out. Either support the bloke and get behind him or stand by your convictions and hate the bloke.

This sitting on the fence BS is gutless.

I will be supporting whoever wears the Blue and White. If they aren't good enough to with the comp then the TEAM wasn't good enough in '09, not just one player.

S

Snake Jailbird

Yeah lets weaken hooker, thats a great idea. Because our go forward will not suffer.

PS Crisp in the answer for number 7 jersey

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
nice guys, im sure it warming for DJ to know quite a few supporters of the bulldogs are bagging the crap out of him instead of encouraging the bloke.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll get behind Holdsworth as a stop-gap replacement but I don't buy the saviour or the stats arguments.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
honestly the main thing is with holdsworth is that im extremely fustrated with him...there are days where you can get a really solid performance from him and then the next day im shaking my head...im hoping that he can get the job done...at the end of the day he is wearing the blue and white an i guess the best thing to do is support ALL players that wear our colours

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
nice guys, im sure it warming for DJ to know quite a few supporters of the bulldogs are bagging the crap out of him instead of encouraging the bloke.
It's because they are all pro footballers and can do better....oh, wait

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think saying "I think Holdsworth is rubbish and I don't think we can win with him in the team, but I'd love to be proven wrong" is a massive fkn cop-out. Either support the bloke and get behind him or stand by your convictions and hate the bloke.

This sitting on the fence BS is gutless.

I will be supporting whoever wears the Blue and White. If they aren't good enough to with the comp then the TEAM wasn't good enough in '09, not just one player.
So you'd prefer everyone to either say DJ will be awesome or DJ will be pathetic?

So people can't go DJ is our best option, yet he is still a rubbish player and the only reason he is our best option is because Barba wouldn't be capable of handling finals pressure?

When Holdsworth actually stops sitting on the fence himself (Ie he can have a good solid game and contribute to our victory, or he can be pathetic and detrimental to our victory) and plays consistent solid football and refrains from overplaying his hand, then i think our supporters can.

He's had horrendous games and he's had good games this season, we have no clue which Holdsworth will turn up.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i was at the game and watched the whole game
whenever we need something, Barba produced
he scored before half time, he scored another in the second half and also set up the 2 winning tries
what more can a kid do???
i agree with Holdsworth, but i would have him on the bench to play around 15 -20 minutes
Holdsworth can always move to lock when he comes on
i like that option, i'm just a little concerned about having both on the field at the same time, from a defensive point of view

though tweaking that isn't a problem

maybe that is a card kev is saving for the finals, use it when it counts and opposition least expect it

here's hoping

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i like that option, i'm just a little concerned about having both on the field at the same time, from a defensive point of view

maybe that is a card kev is saving for the finals, use it when it counts and opposition least expect it

here's hoping
Problem is from Gordon, Armit, Hickey and Eastwood/Warburton who do you drop off the bench?

They've all performed brilliantly particularly towards the backend of this season...

C

chipandchase

here's hoping
Moore stated that Holdsworth would play but the bench would be changed possibly.
i am hoping that means Barba on the bench, DJ can always play lock if needed

Bulldog Bruce

Bring on Rnd 1
Reaction score
Moore stated that Holdsworth would play but the bench would be changed possibly.
I hope Barba's on the bench, but I have no idea who Moore would drop to make the room LOL :p

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
who would be dropped?

Against a smaller quicker team like the tigers, you'd have to say Hickey.

Duffman25

Grimaldi's no.1 fan
Reaction score
I've never thought much of holdsworth he's not FG material. But this is his chance to prove everyone wrong. My initial thoughts were we were gone for sure.

However, i think dogs can do it. Roberts looked lost against the warriors for 10min, he was playing in the middle and was all over the place. Roberts then went out wide again and turned on a couple of tries. I think Ennis should put on any plays up the middle and roberts stay out wide with that solid combination with ryan, morris and goodwin. Holdsworth should simply kick long, chase hard, and act as a link between ennis and roberts in attack.

Idris and el masri wont be getting many tries but if holdsworth can just act as a link between our two attacking strengths then we'l b ok.

Except against parramatta

Status
Not open for further replies.