Bulldogs Finals Chance Saviour: Holdsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
He has been bagged all throughout his career. From his presence in a wooden-spoon winning team to his unusual halfback build. I myself have bagged him out throughout the year because of his trivial errors. These errors only come from a lack of confidence and fear of being smeared by the public. Last year has scarred him, his only chance to seek redemption has arrived. We have to realise, if we are going to make the GF we need to fully support Daniel Holdsworth and his abilities. This is the ultimate chance for him to show that he is no push-over, that he is a leader, that he is a first grade playmaker and that he can lead the Bulldogs into a GF. If he can do this I, and I am sure all Bulldogs supporters will praise his efforts and hail him a true unsung hero.

This is your chance Holdsworth, grasp it.

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
Should he gain selection, we have no other option but to support him.

Doesn't mean I would agree he is the right choice

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is our only backup halfback, with Barba still learning i can only c him replacing Noddy

WestieDog

Zambuck
Reaction score
Holdsworth played like a busted in the Bulls game, including dropping a sitter (the guy has hands like feet). Barba's defence was poor in the first half, but he ripped it up in the second.

Give the kid a chance - he'll give the other teams something to worry about with his attack.

didler

Waterboy
Reaction score
Is the thought of Ennis into the halves and Sullivan to hooker such a stupid suggestion???? We need someone to take control in the halves..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Is the thought of Ennis into the halves and Sullivan to hooker such a stupid suggestion???? We need someone to take control in the halves..
apparently sullivan is out injured also, i liked that plan too

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having Holdsworth there scares me but Roberts has to stay in the 6. His presence and attack will be nullified in the 7.

I'd be happy to have Ennis in the 7 to direct the boys around but then you sort of detract from one of his strengths which is his work around the ruck.

I'd love to have egg on my face with Holdsworth playing a leading role....but I'm struggling to see it.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Having Holdsworth there scares me but Roberts has to stay in the 6. His presence and attack will be nullified in the 7.

I'd be happy to have Ennis in the 7 to direct the boys around but then you sort of detract from one of his strengths which is his work around the ruck.

I'd love to have egg on my face with Holdsworth playing a leading role....but I'm struggling to see it.
holdsworth will have such a great supporting cast though, he wont need to be the leader

the bronco's won the 2006 premiership with shane perry at halfback ffs:o

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
shane perry was a better player than holdsworth is.
I'd love to be proven wrong, but we cant win the comp with him in the side.

D

dogs_4 lyf

Look I Dont rate him as a player, but this is the moment we need to back him the most. IF he is selected we need to get behind him as much as we can, its simple as that. Were vying for a premiership we cant be against anyone.

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
holdsworth will have such a great supporting cast though, he wont need to be the leader

the bronco's won the 2006 premiership with shane perry at halfback ffs:o
They had Darren Lockyer in fine form at that time...

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
I'll back anyone that Moore selects...

TBH I don't mind Stagg in 5/8th, Roberts at halfback and promote a Kite/Te Maari or someone else to the bench.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In today's paper it said the Storm were after Kite as well..

C

chipandchase

I'll back anyone that Moore selects...

TBH I don't mind Stagg in 5/8th, Roberts at halfback and promote a Kite/Te Maari or someone else to the bench.
i also like STAGG at 5/8 with Barba on the bench
if we play holdworthless, then Barba has to be on the bench for impact if we can not score points or need a point of difference

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
All we can do at the moment is pray for the best.

Whoever is selected, let's just hope they fulfil their positions to the fullest.

DJ1

Ninjadillo
Reaction score
lol. This will be so funny to watch the haters if he wins us the grand final.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dj holds the key, Barba would just fail @ halfback.

Status
Not open for further replies.