Bulldogs Finals Chance Saviour: Holdsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Who would you remove from the bench?

Gordon? Amit? Hickey? Warburton/Eastwood?

No, No, No & No

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Wouldn't be too bad to have Barba on the bench IMO...

Have Holdsworth starting with Roberts at 6 and if Holdsworth isn't performing up to scratch, sub him off for Barba and play him in the forwards from there onwards.
I understanding people wanting to blood barba but tbh he was struggling in nsw imo...ok today he had a decent game but from what i understand he has been struggling on other occasions and my worry is how he will handle himself going into a FG match with say holdsworth not performing up to par, i would assume barba would have a heap of pressure on himself to provide the solution.

I'm not doubting barba's talent...i think he needs his time to develop because i dont wanna him be rushed into FG before he is 100% ready...and would moore really want to be rattling around with the team chemistry to much considering we are at the business end of the year

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I understanding people wanting to blood barba but tbh he was struggling in nsw imo...ok today he had a decent game but from what i understand he has been struggling on other occasions and my worry is how he will handle himself going into a FG match with say holdsworth not performing up to par, i would assume barba would have a heap of pressure on himself to provide the solution.

I'm not doubting barba's talent...i think he needs his time to develop because i dont wanna him be rushed into FG before he is 100% ready...and would moore really want to be rattling around with the team chemistry to much considering we are at the business end of the year
No its not that i want to blood Barba, its rather i'm incredibly nervous about Holdsworth playing the full 80, because he can be incredibly bad, sure he might have a decent game here and there and while won't make much impact, won't be detrimental to our team, but the problem is if he is what do we do then? We can't just take him off, because that would require moving Stagg into the 5/8 position, putting Barba there IMO would only be a precaution if Holdsworth wasn't performing, but i did forget that we have a full strength bench back. If we didn't, i'd drop Morrin off the bench and shove Barba there simply for that the fact i don't believe in Holdsworth, he's ability to choke rivals the entire St George team

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
No its not that i want to blood Barba, its rather i'm incredibly nervous about Holdsworth playing the full 80, because he can be incredibly bad, sure he might have a decent game here and there and while won't make much impact, won't be detrimental to our team, but the problem is if he is what do we do then? We can't just take him off, because that would require moving Stagg into the 5/8 position, putting Barba there IMO would only be a precaution if Holdsworth wasn't performing, but i did forget that we have a full strength bench back. If we didn't, i'd drop Morrin off the bench and shove Barba there simply for that the fact i don't believe in Holdsworth, he's ability to choke rivals the entire St George team
fair enough mate but then again who are we gonna drop from our bench???...i think we have got ourselves a good effective one and i dont think anybody from the bench deserves to be dropped imo

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
fair enough mate but then again who are we gonna drop from our bench???...i think we have got ourselves a good effective one and i dont think anybody from the bench deserves to be dropped imo
Which is why i took it back :p guess its do or die in this case, but i'd be screaming if Holdsworth does any of the mistakes he did in his last start (Against the Roosters), we can simply cannot afford to drop the ball in both attack and defense, particularly when it seems likely we will be playing Parra in Week 1

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Which is why i took it back :p guess its do or die in this case, but i'd be screaming if Holdsworth does any of the mistakes he did in his last start (Against the Roosters), we can simply cannot afford to drop the ball in both attack and defense, particularly when it seems likely we will be playing Parra in Week 1
definately so mate...its just one of those things when you dont have a proper replacement for the no. 7 jumper then it does become difficult and becomes down to gambling and making choices....im still positive whatever direction chooses to take that it will be the right one...this is exactly why im happy that im not a coach haha

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i wish all the little kids on here and the dreamers would just stop making holdsworths out to be something he's not! He is not up to NRL standard, He has the worst hands in the comp. And from all reports he cant even cut it in the NSW cup. We keep hearing that barba is tearing it up in the NSW cup, but every week that is met by the same response from the holdsworth fans " one good game means nothing". But then when he tears it up the next week and the week after but we get the same response. Holdsworth might have more experience but only because we had no one else at the times he was selected. Take out the piiss poor experience arguement and tell what holdsworth brings to the team???

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i wish all the little kids on here and the dreamers would just stop making holdsworths out to be something he's not! He is not up to NRL standard, He has the worst hands in the comp. And from all reports he cant even cut it in the NSW cup. We keep hearing that barba is tearing it up in the NSW cup, but every week that is met by the same response from the holdsworth fans " one good game means nothing". But then when he tears it up the next week and the week after but we get the same response. Holdsworth might have more experience but only because we had no one else at the times he was selected. Take out the piiss poor experience arguement and tell what holdsworth brings to the team???
No offence... I'll first state i do not rate Holdsworth, and that IMO he's a rubbish player, but i have FAR more faith in him making a tackle on guys like Hayne, Inglis, Mateo, Stewart than i would in Barba...

Barba would have been worth selection in the regular season, in the finals? No, and BIG no no, not unless its on the bench as a precautionary measure for Holdsworth, who is capable of choking big time

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barba= piss poor defence, Has no idea on how to direct a team(Thats what a halfback is ment to do), Holdsworth showed that he can direct and do the simple things right, He has a good kicking game,for eg v melb/knights, Therefore holdsworth>>>>>Barba.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barba= piss poor defence, Has no idea on how to direct a team(Thats what a halfback is ment to do), Holdsworth showed that he can direct and do the simple things right, He has a good kicking game,for eg v melb/knights, Therefore holdsworth>>>>>Barba.
He can also do the simple things wrong...such as holding onto the football, but as i've said, for the finals better safe than sorry. Don't discount Holdsworth's flaws as well, as much as he may be a better option than Barba, he can also be a bigger liability...Imagine if he has one of his shockers and hands Parra cheap ball 20m out from our line

I just hope Holdsworth stays in the back seat and allows Roberts and Ennis to do the attacking side...Holdsworth is absolutely pathetic when it comes to that

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He can also do the simple things wrong...such as holding onto the football, but as i've said, for the finals better safe than sorry. Don't discount Holdsworth's flaws as well, as much as he may be a better option than Barba, he can also be a bigger liability...Imagine if he has one of his shockers and hands Parra cheap ball 20m out from our line

I just hope Holdsworth stays in the back seat and allows Roberts and Ennis to do the attacking side...Holdsworth is absolutely pathetic when it comes to that
Hes cleaned up his errors this year but he still has the 1-3 drops in him, I **** myself everytime he gets the ball tbh i cant stand him being in the team but i know that he is the best option, If he can just do the simple things im sure we can win.

I

iYike

Holdsworth played like a busted in the Bulls game, including dropping a sitter (the guy has hands like feet). Barba's defence was poor in the first half, but he ripped it up in the second.

Give the kid a chance - he'll give the other teams something to worry about with his attack.
He was uselss as **** today was Holdsworth, agree with everything that was said here. I still can't see Barba playing this season though, it's just too late. Moore should of given Barba more of a run.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
HOLDSWORTH ftw ! Holdsworth= team Organiser. Barba= Individual Brilliance. thats it nothing more nothing less. FFS stick to reality people Holdsworth is in and we are 1month away from glory !

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
holdsworth can barely organise a nsw cup side...how will he do it properly in FG??

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
He won't need to do it "properly". What are we expecting from him 5 40/20s, 70metre dropouts, benji steps, gidley flicks? NO. Just to be solid, we have Ennis touch-finding kicks, Roberts great short-kicking game and Holdsworth CAN find the green off a long range kick. I'M confident and CANNOT wait !

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Point is he can organise 50x better then barba can.
nah fair enough...i agree with you i much rather have holdsworth there over barba...but we'll see what happens and i have every faith in kev that the right option will be taken

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
nah fair enough...i agree with you i much rather have holdsworth there over barba...but we'll see what happens and i have every faith in kev that the right option will be taken
I cringe everytime i see the name holdsworth in the line up on tuesdays, But there is noone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.