Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That was very sporting of you. Knowing your stand on One Mr Pay.
Building a case and putting it forward directly to the NRL is a good move if they feel the case is strong enough.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs coach Dean Pay to tackle NRL over $25,000 fine for referee criticism, reports The Mole

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay is going to league headquarters today set to take the referees and the NRL head on.

Pay is armed with a video of a series of incidents from last weekend’s highly controversial loss to the Broncos.

Pay plans to appeal against his $25,000 fine for criticising the referees after his team lost to a contentious penalty close to full-time.

The Bulldogs coach has done his homework, finding video evidence of 14 separate incidents in which his team was penalised for incident while the Broncos were not.

He is asking for a ‘please explain’ from referees boss Bernard Sutton and is also hoping the fine will be reduced or even scrubbed.

An angry Pay unloaded on the referees after the last-gasp loss on Thursday night.

"I got a group of blokes who busted their arse and to be decided like that, it's ridiculous," Pay said in the post-match press conference.

"I will follow it up with them [the NRL] and they will say, 'We got it wrong', and they will just move on — it doesn't help us.

"We are trying to win a game of footy here and get our season going forward and it's decided like that.

"It's like we are not supposed to win."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/05/09...to-tackle-nrl-over-25000-dollar-fine-the-mole

This is absolutely brilliant of Pay. He isn't going to be dictated by the NRL and referees by supporting his case with 14 incidences to justify his comments. In a court of law you need evidence to defend your case and he has a lot of it. I think Pay is going to set a precedence for other coaches to do likewise.

I wonder with Pay feeling so strong about his case would he take the matter further if the fine isn't reduced or overturned by the NRL?

Reactions: DT

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m first to admit I was a bit iffy first few rounds of the comp and wondered wtf we did signing this guy. Yes he still needs to make truth of the words he said pre season and bring us the dogs of war and all the promises with it. But I’m willing to give him time now. Seeing him tackle the nrl head on and not just bending over is one small step. I can say I’m building some respect for the coach and hope he continues on proving to us fans that it’s team and the bulldog brand will not be shit on anymore.

You go boy.... slam them and even if you gotta pay the fine expose the pricks for what they are.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m first to admit I was a bit iffy first few rounds of the comp and wondered wtf we did signing this guy. Yes he still needs to make truth of the words he said pre season and bring us the dogs of war and all the promises with it. But I’m willing to give him time now. Seeing him tackle the nrl head on and not just bending over is one small step. I can say I’m building some respect for the coach and hope he continues on proving to us fans that it’s team and the bulldog brand will not be shit on anymore.

You go boy.... slam them and even if you gotta pay the fine expose the pricks for what they are.
Pay has got balls and will take on these jerks. Show them up for what they are. It appears the club is behind him and so are we. Go the dogs

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Born and Bred Old School.

JRC

Waterboy
Reaction score
Good onya Deano. The CEO and Board must be backing him too, so that’s much better than PC Castle who never stood up for the players.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Building a case and putting it forward directly to the NRL is a good move if they feel the case is strong enough.
I can see the nrl acting like little bitches and rorting us harder.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I dont think so . Only because there has been a lot of criticism from the media about $25000 being to steep.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can also see Pay setting a precedent as well. Might open up the doors for other clubs to do the same thing. If that happens it could trigger refs being fairer in games. At the moment the refs know that nothing happens to them with blatant wrong calls and cheating. Time to put them in their place once and for all.

What kills me is the inconsistency in the way they apply rulings to the letter of the law. They may be right in their decisions most times. If they want to blow the whistle on something then do it for the full 80 minutes and for the full 25 rounds, and do it for both teams on the field, not only when they feel like it. Bastards!!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dean Pay never took a backward step in his life. Good to see he hasn't changed a bit. Go get em.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont think so . Only because there has been a lot of criticism from the media about $25000 being to steep.
It's either going to remain the same or they're going to increase. The NRL will be damned before they're defeated on this topic publicly.

But internally it will send the shockwaves through the NRL

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can also see Pay setting a precedent as well. Might open up the doors for other clubs to do the same thing. If that happens it could trigger refs being fairer in games. At the moment the refs know that nothing happens to them with blatant wrong calls and cheating. Time to put them in their place once and for all.

What kills me is the inconsistency in the way they apply rulings to the letter of the law. They may be right in their decisions most times. If they want to blow the whistle on something then do it for the full 80 minutes and for the full 25 rounds, and do it for both teams on the field, not only when they feel like it. Bastards!!
Agree that’s the problem. The way nrl is now who has Possession wins. Refs like the crook Sutton decides who has the ball. Thanks to Greenberg rules are now inconsistent. If and if they wanted to force all the rules there would be a penalty every minute. Instead they select when what and where to penalise a team which means the refs decides who wins

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's either going to remain the same or they're going to increase. The NRL will be damned before they're defeated on this topic publicly.

I think they have dug themselves a hole now because someone is now challenging them. Good on Dean the only guy with guts out of all the coaches to stand up for his rights and ours.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can only see this as a winning strategy, either they admit Deano was right to call it what it was and the fine gets dropped or they stick to their guns and the media get their hands on the file and everyone gets to see the truth. It's a big move by Pay, and exactly what I wanted to see.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why doesn't the RLPA back him and other coaches to speak up about the blatant match fixing?
True, RLPA not sure who pays there wages ? Other coaches don’t have Pays balls.. although I expect Stewart to be the next coach to stand up to them.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree that’s the problem. The way nrl is now who has Possession wins. Refs like the crook Sutton decides who has the ball. Thanks to Greenberg rules are now inconsistent. If and if they wanted to force all the rules there would be a penalty every minute. Instead they select when what and where to penalise a team which means the refs decides who wins
That’s exactly the problem!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Whoever it is they've got to be strong, got to be fast and got to be fresh from the fight.
I'm happy to hold out to til the morning light, but they've got to be sure, and it's gotta be soon, and they have to be larger than life.
Shrek 2 never forget

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score

I'm think they may suspend $10000. (IE-good behavior bond.)

Status
Not open for further replies.