Bulldogs Dean Pay fined $25,000 for criticising referees. - Update Page 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not pointing fingers but to those who thought that Deano did not have the club and the players backs this shows that he does. He was mightily pissed at the events of last Thursday and it showed in the comments he made. Now he is due to meet with the NRL to stick it to them about concerns that many of us have voiced.

He has gone that one step further and if he has some of those video angles relating to offside and markers not square that went un -penalised by Sutton we shall soon see just how far his little brother Bernie will go to cover for him and his fair handed officiating of this and any game we are involved in that he has presided over. Let's see how many times those 'perfect' second half Broncos really were breaking the rules.....I hope that the vision is as clear as the still photo posted here on the kennel showing them leaving well and truly early in one particular set and it was not an isolated event.

Need to well and truly sow the seeds of doubt in the minds of the NRL and the referees boss as to just how much of a concern the stats relating to game management are. Not many media commentators are of the opinion that there is nothing funny about a 14 match winning streak under the same referee for the same side.....

Game management where the referee constantly blows penalties against a particular side in a particular spot on the field gifting possession to the other side until they score.....then maybe a few even ups to make it look kosher. Three all penalty count at half time in the Broncos game then five unanswered in the second half.

Good on the club for doing this and fanning the fires and I hope the NRL is running scared because it is not only our club and its supporters who have made comment about decisions but those of other sides as well. They hopefully would not be game enough to keep appointing this guy to our games and continually backing decisions ( and non decisions) which are flawed. Maybe the cover up is about to be blown wide open....there is something truly rotten at League headquarters. The support of the CEO and the board will not go unnoticed.

A big thumbs up to you Deano and may you be successful!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can see the nrl acting like little bitches and rorting us harder.
Like i said, if the case is strong enough then i think some good will come of it. If not then we're fucked lol.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Incoming fine increase...

There’s no way the NRL will back down from the fine. The referees cannot be criticised, criticism of the referees tarnishes the image of the game, etc. We’ll probably hear the same crap from the NRL as always.
IF they do increase the fine it will only further show the paying public that they are well and truly full of crap. Would be a bit like double jeopardy in that you can't be found guilty of the same offence twice having already been punished for it.( Loved that movie)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the fans had access to all the camera angles and referee audio, decisions would be thoroughly scrutinised in public forums and Suttons BS record with Broncos and his BS record with Canterbury would have been exposed long ago.

Broncos have been only just marginally more successful than Canterbury over the same time period but their record under the top referee is polar opposite.

Please explain!?
That 'audio' was what got them off the hook in the Klemmer one where he was penalised for dissent after all that we heard was "I am the captain" the fact that they said he had uttered something a bit stronger and it was not available to the public.Just how was it not available when the refs are miked to the eyeballs and the TV cameras pick up everything in relation to what comes out of a player or referees mouths if you can read lips.

They have already been caught a few times in relation to penalty counts where they have actually referred to the exact number of penalties given over all and the infamous one where the score was mentioned and the fact that it will then be 14...

Can't afford closer scrutiny or investigation of anything..

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its great to see Pay taking it to them. %100 footy was saying (from memory which is pretty fried) that Dean should have come out and defused what he said the following day or something because he was facing a fine. I was thinking, 'fuck that, you just dont get it'. It would appear that was the furthest thing from Deans mind and good on him. On the other hand I hope this doesnt take Pay's focus too far from his present coaching duties which I feel is more important with our situation.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the Dogs release the video afterwards.

He wouldn't do this without approval from up high, so the CEO and Board gave the greenlight. We know what the old administration would've done: Apologised, made Pay sit through hours of public relations training, then named a stand after the referees.
Lol...that is very funny...sadly we dont have a stand to name one of the arseholes after but you are bang on

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see the nrl acting like little bitches and rorting us harder.
How could they!...we are already hammered in every single game at least now they know that if we don’t get a fair go then they will also be singled out and bloody well should have been years ago.

What has been the number one problem with league over the past 10 years? Refs!
This may be a fishing exercise and they know the fine will stand and there is no precedent for increasing or reducing it so why not fight it and get your monies worth.
Betting agencies may be watching this closely also...

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank God we have a coach who doesn't buckle to bullying

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sadly racism is rife...Not being from Anglo Saxon background we have copped heaps over the years.
This was special...
Several years ago my two sons and I were at Leichhardt oval watching reserves semifinals, a lady whom I've known for years who religiously comes from Newcastle to watch Canterbury play was there, cheering the dogs on,
Suddenly this bloke who was in company of six friends all adults yelled out what a voice...how would you like to wake up next to this thing ?
One of his friends replied ...I would rather wake up next to a dog
Minutes later I cheered...com-on Bulldogs do something...
Another one replied...We have SBS here
Another said...Can we have some subtitles ?
At that point I lost the plot telling them off in a very uncivilized manner
One of them said...watch your mouth
I replied...you shut your mouth, is it OK for you and your friends to carry on like that ?
Suddenly he pulled out and presented his police badge as a warning
I totally lost it at him...Abusing and telling him he was a disgrace to the badge he's carrying.
Thankfully, Minutes later they all got up and left
What an absolute pig. Thank God these days you need a certain degree of intelligence to become a police officer

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its great to see Pay taking it to them. %100 footy was saying (from memory which is pretty fried) that Dean should have come out and defused what he said the following day or something because he was facing a fine. I was thinking, 'fuck that, you just dont get it'. It would appear that was the furthest thing from Deans mind and good on him. On the other hand I hope this doesnt take Pay's focus too far from his present coaching duties which I feel is more important with our situation.
Nothing is more important than ensuring you get a fair go and thats what this is all about.
There would be plenty of coaches who have wanted to challenge these refs but to keep the peace with the NRL they dont, we are down at the moment and frankly have nothing to lose by challenging this decision.
If anything it puts the NRL on notice that someone is at least so sick of the pathetic standard of officiating games they are prepared to stand up and show you.
Fans have had enough as well and have been understandably leaving the game in droves.
Cummins not waiting for Jackson to resume his defensive spot, ‘oh sorry i didnt realise’, lost game, one sided penalty counts to the home side 14 times in a row, Sutton is either on the take or incompetent ....
NRL refs are a joke and have been for a very long time.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing is more important than ensuring you get a fair go and thats what this is all about.
There would be plenty of coaches who have wanted to challenge these refs but to keep the peace with the NRL they dont, we are down at the moment and frankly have nothing to lose by challenging this decision.
If anything it puts the NRL on notice that someone is at least so sick of the pathetic standard of officiating games they are prepared to stand up and show you.
Fans have had enough as well and have been understandably leaving the game in droves.
Cummins not waiting for Jackson to resume his defensive spot, ‘oh sorry i didnt realise’, lost game, one sided penalty counts to the home side 14 times in a row, Sutton is either on the take or incompetent ....
NRL refs are a joke and have been for a very long time.
Yeah not to mention cummins bs penalties to souffs gifted them the game. Did pay mention that as well?

Reactions: DT

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can almost guarantee we will get shafted in penalty count this week as a result.
I'm not sure mate. I think the opposite. Knowing Pay will approach the NRL with evidence might have the referees shitting themselves. Pays actions by going into the NRL with footage has opened up a new avenue to scrutinise the refs and I'm sure in the background if the evidence is clear the NRL will be onto the refs.

Also, let's say if the dogs uploaded all the incidences onto their website to prove their point which I'd love to see. Do you think that's putting the game in disrepute? It's certainly not illegal.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ffom the above link (bold paragraph in middle added by me):

Canterbury Bulldogs coach Dean Pay to tackle NRL over $25,000 fine for referee criticism, reports The Mole
By The Mole

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay is going to league headquarters today set to take the referees and the NRL head on.

Pay is armed with a video of a series of incidents from last weekend’s highly controversial loss to the Broncos.

Pay plans to appeal against his $25,000 fine for criticising the referees after his team lost to a contentious penalty close to full-time.

The Bulldogs coach has done his homework, finding video evidence of 14 separate incidents in which his team was penalised for incident while the Broncos were not.

He is asking for a ‘please explain’ from referees boss Bernard Sutton and is also hoping the fine will be reduced or even scrubbed.

An angry Pay unloaded on the referees after the last-gasp loss on Thursday night.

"I got a group of blokes who busted their arse and to be decided like that, it's ridiculous," Pay said in the post-match press conference.

"I will follow it up with them [the NRL] and they will say, 'We got it wrong', and they will just move on — it doesn't help us.

"We are trying to win a game of footy here and get our season going forward and it's decided like that.

"It's like we are not supposed to win."

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ashley Klein doesn't like us either, so anyone thinking Pay's actions will have an impact on Klein might want to think again.

Reactions: DT

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently Pays evidence comprises of several PrnHub and RdTube clips, as evidence that the Bulldogs aren't the only thing getting fucked these days.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Apparently Pays evidence comprises of several PrnHub and RdTube clips, as evidence that the Bulldogs aren't the only thing getting fucked these days.
You mean that's THEIR evidence AGAINST Pay that it's a level playing field - as they are getting "French Connection United Kingdomed" too... if you catch my drift ;)

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol @ anyone thinking the club or Pay would take it further. He has come out and submitted to the NRL "I'll be careful with what I say"

Status
Not open for further replies.