Bulldogs Dean Pay fined $25,000 for criticising referees. - Update Page 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Good on him. Im sure you could find 20 incidents over the weekend where a chaser had their shirt grabbed and were not penalised. You could also find another 20 incidents where a chase was jostled and were not penalised. And about a million knock ons over the years which were actually fucken called. Fuk Sutton

Reactions: DT

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
2 hrs ago that was published, so at 1PM.

One would hope he's already been in there and left, else he's bound to get caught up in peak hour traffic at 5pm.

NRL will probably increase it! Absolutely pointless us arguing with them, because they will never admit liability as that opens a pandoras box.
I guess if he keeps arguing with them about it and nothing changes but the same dud calls keep happening it should open up for more media exposure about it which should put more heat on the NRL.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the refs did a decent job, they would attract more interest.

Apparently they get paid rather well.

If you fix the ref situation, less people complain about the refs, and therefore more people want to become one.

The game needs SAVING !!!
Who will have the balls to be the whistle-blower ?
Who is going to be the HERO ?

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs coach Dean Pay to tackle NRL over $25,000 fine for referee criticism, reports The Mole

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay is going to league headquarters today set to take the referees and the NRL head on.
Pay is armed with a video of a series of incidents from last weekend’s highly controversial loss to the Broncos.
Pay plans to appeal against his $25,000 fine for criticising the referees after his team lost to a contentious penalty close to full-time.

The Bulldogs coach has done his homework, finding video evidence of 14 separate incidents in which his team was penalised for incident while the Broncos were not.
He is asking for a ‘please explain’ from referees boss Bernard Sutton and is also hoping the fine will be reduced or even scrubbed.

An angry Pay unloaded on the referees after the last-gasp loss on Thursday night.
"I got a group of blokes who busted their arse and to be decided like that, it's ridiculous," Pay said in the post-match press conference.
"I will follow it up with them [the NRL] and they will say, 'We got it wrong', and they will just move on — it doesn't help us.

"We are trying to win a game of footy here and get our season going forward and it's decided like that.
"It's like we are not supposed to win”

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2 hrs ago that was published, so at 1PM.

One would hope he's already been in there and left, else he's bound to get caught up in peak hour traffic at 5pm.

NRL will probably increase it! Absolutely pointless us arguing with them, because they will never admit liability as that opens a pandoras box.
We have been spineless since that infamous good Friday
Someone had to standup for the team the club and the supporters
Bravo Pay !!!

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Suttons are nothing but piss weak grubs and they will never admit fault, but glad Pay isn't taking a backwards step.

If I was the club CEO I would sanction Pay pissing on the league HQ sign regardless of the next fine.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good. About time we are standing up to the BS. We all know what happened under Raelene & Co.

Pay is showing some mongrel and I hope he can turn this form around because if he gets the chance to recruit his own players they will have some fight and aggression on the field.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Love dean Pay cant believe the criticism he cops on here , made all the right changes so far , people need to give him time, if we dident get duded in the Souths and Broncos game we should be in the 8

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Incoming fine increase...

There’s no way the NRL will back down from the fine. The referees cannot be criticised, criticism of the referees tarnishes the image of the game, etc. We’ll probably hear the same crap from the NRL as always.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love dean Pay cant believe the criticism he cops on here , made all the right changes so far , people need to give him time, if we dident get duded in the Souths and Broncos game we should be in the 8
I agree mate. We finally have a coach that gives a shit about our club and we still get people on here bagging the crap out of him.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope the Dogs release the video afterwards.

He wouldn't do this without approval from up high, so the CEO and Board gave the greenlight. We know what the old administration would've done: Apologised, made Pay sit through hours of public relations training, then named a stand after the referees.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
If the fans had access to all the camera angles and referee audio, decisions would be thoroughly scrutinised in public forums and Suttons BS record with Broncos and his BS record with Canterbury would have been exposed long ago.

Broncos have been only just marginally more successful than Canterbury over the same time period but their record under the top referee is polar opposite.

Please explain!?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This shit is just awesome, very exciting too see our new coach have some balls an not back down!!! Very refreshing an good times are on the horizon...

Hopefully this will change things for the better, and if not then at least he is backing his comments and standing up for what’s right !!

Good luck deano.. I have 100% respect for you despite our start to the season an you deserve every bit of support from here on out!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The game needs SAVING !!!
Who will have the balls to be the whistle-blower ?
Who is going to be the HERO ?
Whoever it is they've got to be strong, got to be fast and got to be fresh from the fight.
I'm happy to hold out to til the morning light, but they've got to be sure, and it's gotta be soon, and they have to be larger than life.

Status
Not open for further replies.