News Bulldogs 3 million dollar offer to matt burton

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Read this, this is literally the most reliable source we have in regards to salaries for this season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sm...-sheds-light-on-salaries-20220426-p5ag76.html
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

So you want to use a report from the years before. Awesome. So how does that adjust now minsters going to be on 1.5 if he signs with dolphins? What about when walkers million extension? Possibly when whoever else gets extended for 2024 cap increases?

You are arguing with such flawed logic it’s ridiculous. Sorry mate your usually a pretty good poster but this is just fucking stupid.

Reality is burton at 750k isn’t elite 5/8
Money for 2024.

Munster is the poster boy for that if he stays or goes in 7 figures+ if he stays at storm we know he’s taking couple hundred k less that dolphins.

Wignton, keary would be on best part of a mil after his last.

Walker ditto with next.

Luai isn’t left out of these convos. He’s on big $ guaranteed.

Brown is about to get a big upgrade talk of million+ from warriors and eels.

Ffs Doehi will be on something similar as is brimson.

It’s literally like telling me I overpaid for my house 5 years ago and ignoring the value of the market then and now. 2022 burton was on a reported 500k. Who was better him or flopagun? What about all the other flops at that $?

How did his wage stack up to the rest of the origin and international lads? Pretty decent value.

Now in 2024 when your complaining about his wage he will be on possibly about half Munster. Less than walker by 25%, brown to. No doubt Luai, brimson, douehi etc all on fairly similar money then to.

Not sure what happens with wignton or keary by then but let’s just say for now they both are earning close to double his wage as it stands.

Just stop mate.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Exactly, you have nothing.
I laughed so much I posted before I finished [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Your making a fool of yourself, worse than you are with averilo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I laughed so much I posted before I finished [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Your making a fool of yourself, worse than you are with averilo.
Go on, tell me what's a more reliable source than this. You can't.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our club has turned a corner, we are actually paying players with quality what they are worth. We are no longer spending big on duds like Elliott, Chootrich etc.

Thank you Gus for bringing credibility back to this club and getting our retention & recruitment to make sense. It's almost as if we have someone in charge who has a high footy IQ. Not a Dibsaster DIB & clowns fucking up our salary cap anymore.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Go on, tell me what's a more reliable source than this. You can't.
I can't say about the others but I know for a fact that Walker is already on 700k plus and they're debating whether they re-sign him to a bigger deal or let him walk. With how well they've played the last few months and how so-so Ilias has been, they're more likely to keep him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't say about the others but I know for a fact that Walker is already on 700k plus and they're debating whether they re-sign him to a bigger deal or let him walk. With how well they've played the last few months and how so-so Ilias has been, they're more likely to keep him.
How do you know for a fact? His last deal was reported to be a one year extension of a around 600k. Either way this is the most reliable source we have available in regards to salary. Not to mention players salaries are literally only reported by the media in the first place..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On ability alone he is the best half we've had since Kimmorley. It's down to Ciraldo now to get the best out of the team.

Potter did a great job in half a season, if Ciraldo hits the ground running we can see more improvements.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do you know for a fact? His last deal was reported to be a one year extension of a around 600k. Either way this is the most reliable source we have available in regards to salary. Not to mention players salaries are literally only reported by the media in the first place..
I've PMed you how I know. Anyone on here knows I don't talk shit about players or contracts, but when it comes to one or two clubs (not ours), I have as good a info as anyone could get.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Dogs signed Hynes instead of Burton we would have won more games & TBaz would still be coach because Hynes can steer a team around the field instead of all the try scoring opportunities missed all season by our current halves.
Hynes would have probably been in reserve grade, or Fullback... the difference between Barrett and Fitzgibbon is that Fitzgibbon coaches to the team strengths. Barrett tried to get the team to play a style not suited to the players. Nicho is not a traditional HB by any stretch of the imagination, he would have failed miserably if that was what his coach tokd him he needed to do...

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BURTON.

But what would I know, I'm a one eyed Blue & White to the bone old Barstard that's watched a bit of footy in my time.

I'm Biased.

Burton @ 22yrs old is Better than Nico Hynes @ 22 yrs old.

Cant wait to watch how he goes in a better team like Nico has had all his career.
This is a joke right?
Nico Hynes will challenge Ben Hunt for Dally M player of the year this Wed.

Burton won't even be in the mix.

This age comparison is the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard. We arent comparing players for age, we are comparing their effectiveness in the halves. Burton isn't even 1/10th the halve Hynes is. It's not even a comparison.

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He plays well in the centres but he's not a centre, he's a half. I don't know of any centres that can get 14 try assists on a shit team and can put in the kicks he can for Addo-Carr aside from maybe Jamie Lyon in his prime.

Obviously he has areas to improve on, but he's 22 years old and played his first full season in the halves with no help from the rest of the spine. I don't know how people expect him to be the finished article on a struggling team.
Nico Hynes just finished his first full season in the halves also....

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I like Burton's big bombs and general kicking game, I'd be more comfortable losing him and paying 1M on Mitchell Moses (who also has a very good kicking game) than offering anything more than this 750k a season offer....

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the scale of stupid NRL contracts ,Burton on 750 for the next 4 years is on the lower end , just my opinion
It's not ridiculous, it's just that it becomes ridiculous if you don't put a 1M halfback next to him.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's all just be thankful that Marley is nowhere near recruitment or retention for the dogs.

We would still have Mbye at 5/8....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Let's all just be thankful that Marley is nowhere near recruitment or retention for the dogs.

We would still have Mbye at 5/8....
Mbye was a great talent that was poorly developed yet still went on to represent QLD. He would've been a star if he accepted the Storm offer and not have been des balled.