News Bulldogs 3 million dollar offer to matt burton

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs' $3 million bid to lock up gun playmaker Matt Burton revealed 6 hours ago
The Bulldogs have tabled an offer of $3 million-plus over four years for gun playmaker Matt Burton, according to Nine's Danny Weidler.

The Bulldogs have reportedly tabled a "massive offer" in their bid to retain gun playmaker Matt Burton, but Canterbury supremo Phil Goulduttered just two words when pressed for his confirmation.
Canterbury has presented Burton a four-year deal worth $3 million-plus, according to Danny Weidler on Nine's 100% Footy.
The 22-year-old is contracted to the Bulldogs until the end of 2023 and has a player option for 2024.
Canterbury has reportedly tabled a "massive offer" in its push to keep gun five-eighth Matt Burton for the long term. (NRL Imagery)
Gould remained tight-lipped in his seat on the 100% Footy panel, only saying the words "commercial confidentiality".
"I think that Matt Burton is in a position where he wants to stay at the Bulldogs," Weidler said.
"He likes the direction the club is heading, particularly with Cameron Ciraldo being appointed and the top dog being in charge, as well, Phil Gould."
Paul Gallen suggested Burton was worth more.
"You've done all right there," Gallen said to Gould.
"That's less than a million bucks a year.
"You've done all right."
Los Angeles has long been in the whispers, but the NRL is now weighing up Chicago as the location for the 2023 season-opener, Danny Weidler reports.
Burton was named at five-eighth in Australia's Prime Minister's XIII team set to meet Papua New Guinea in Brisbane on Sunday.
He was tremendous for the Bulldogs in his first season at the club, thriving in his switch from the centres at Penrith to five-eighth at Canterbury and claiming the club's player-of-the-year award.

Burton also had a sparkling State of Origin debut in game two of this year's series, starring for New South Wales in a 44-12 win over Queensland in Perth.
Cowboys legend Johnathan Thurston disagrees with a key aspect of the Eels' preparation for their preliminary final in Townsville.
He scored the opening try of the match, produced a one-on-one strip on Dane Gagai to pave the way for a match-sealing Nathan Cleary try, and tormented Queensland with his towering bombs.
"Is this going to America?" Andrew Johns said on Nine's coverage.

"Are the NFL scouts watching this?
"Look how much it is swinging away.
"That is phenomenal."

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What's the bet the majority of the comments will be about how Burton will be overpaid and is overrated instead of being happy that we're on the verge of re-signing one of the best young talents in the game long term that every other club would love to have..

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
750-800 is on the mark. Gallen's been beat in the head too many times to think otherwise.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it doesn’t say he has,although I got told the offer was made to him and he has accepted, so we are halfway there.
For a 4 year deal I'm sure his manager would be aiming for more than that. He could be the hottest half in the game within 2 years and this offer looks pretty low ball then. There would have to be TPA's and clauses in any contract he signs I'd say.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ur such a click bait moron...
His ballplaying is literally non existent at this stage and his kicking game other than some nice short kicks for JAC is just kicking the ball really hard...he's miles off the top 5/8's in the game yet we're making him the 4th highest 5/8 in the game, massive gamble.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think Burton would be a starting 6 at any top 8 side. At the present that’s the sad reality.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t think Burton would be a starting 6 at any top 8 side. At the present that’s the sad reality.
hence why the Sharks tried to sign him