News BROOKS PREFERS BULLDOGS OVER KNIGHTS FOR CLUB SWITCH

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have to admit I've only seen around the main city part on my way to other places and didnt think much of it.

I grew up in Sydney but lived in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast. Nothing compares to Gold Coast tbh. Its the shit.
I’d love to live around Cooly or Kirra. But Newcastle is pretty sweet these days. Good night life, eateries etc. Sydney’s ok, just so busy now.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why would the tigers want to get rid of brooks. They have no better options. They are not going to pay half his salary unless they get something major in return

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would the tigers want to get rid of brooks. They have no better options. They are not going to pay half his salary unless they get something major in return
They are getting something major in return, they don’t have to pay the other half.

Always a Bulldog

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They can play hastings and douehi half combo instead of brooks and hastings with douehi at ctr.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless we are giving them Flanagan as a straight swap or they are paying most of his salary then this deal doesn’t make sense at all. Yes we need an experienced half but not sure this guy is the answer.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks will be better at a new club, not worth the dollars he is on though

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't want him here but I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to live in Newcastle. That place is an absolute cesspit.
Newcastle is fine, as long as you are not over an abandoned mine. Nice restaurants and cafes. Good beaches. Like all cities, it has its bad elements.
Public transport is appalling, and the M1 can be a nightmare in the rain.

It's a good head start if you regularly travel to the mid north coast.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Newcastle is fine, as long as you are not over an abandoned mine. Nice restaurants and cafes. Good beaches. Like all cities, it has its bad elements.

The people in Newcastle are Mongs. Absolute morons.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair call. But the few times I’ve had the opportunity to go there it was always the same experience.
You just have to know the right people. There are areas with big social issues because job opportunities are limited; but those who are doing OK have a great lifestyle compared to Sydney.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He will make a huge difference, Fam. Have faith.

As an added bonus to the Canberra people, I will soon make my Greenhouse debut to promote love and understanding. Namaste
Btw what does Fam mean? At first I thought you were giving Family Guy a short nickname but now I see you are calling several people Fam.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Btw what does Fam mean? At first I thought you were giving Family Guy a short nickname but now I see you are calling several people Fam.
Surely family….as in we are all one big family…connected…. Or some such shit!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Born in Kempsey and live here now for family reasons... but I lived in Hunter Region in various suburbs (Jesmond, New Lambton, Charlestown and Rankin Park) from Jan 2011 to May 2020.
Must say I really do miss it, but the way the property market has gone, I don't see how I could end up back there down the track.