News BROOKS PREFERS BULLDOGS OVER KNIGHTS FOR CLUB SWITCH

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone should send video of our last round game vs tigers to brooks, his agent and these journos. May be ask why would the dogs want to swap our halves with him. And have to pay more as well.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Tigers pay 500k of 850k and we offload Flanno for his full contract value, we are essentially paying 350k for Brooks and getting rid of Flanno. That is a very very good deal. BBO/Josh Cook should battle out for the 9 jersey with Avo in the 14. JMK is a NSW Cup 9.

NRL
1 Dufty
2 Cotric
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Brooks
8 Thompson
9 Cook/BBO
10 Vaughan
11 Hetherington/RFM
12 TPJ
13 Jacko

14 Avo
15 Asiata
16 Patolo
17 RFM

NSW Cup
1 Allan
2 Larson-Doyle
3 Burns
4 Alamoti
5 Ok
6 Wakeham
7 BBO/JMK
8 Ava
9 JMK/Cook
10 King
11 Stimson
12 Waddell
13 Topine

14 ? - Doesn't really matter can be someone on train and trial
15 Tuifua/Makatoa/Turrahui
16 Doorey (when he returns, probably starts in fact)
17 Stuckey
Lol you are dreaming if u think the Tigers will contribute 500k

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BROOKS PREFERS BULLDOGS OVER KNIGHTS FOR CLUB SWITCH

Tigers halfback Luke Brooks’s reported preference is to join the Bulldogs over the Knights if the Concord club decide to part ways with their long-time No.7.

The Sydney Morning Herald’s Andrew Webster revealed on SEN radio that the Knights are keen to lure Brooks to replace Mitchell Pearce, but the Tigers star has other ideas.

“They (Newcastle) have got their hearts set on Luke Brooks (as Mitchell Pearce’s replacement),” Webster said on SEN 1170 Mornings.

“The Tigers have said no to Luke Brooks going, and I think publicly he’s saying he doesn’t want to go, but his management is certainly saying things otherwise.

“It’s going around quite strongly, his preference would be the Bulldogs if he was to get out.”

The Tigers have denied wanting to let Brooks leave with two years remaining on his current deal worth around $850,000 a season.

The Tigers would likely have to chip in for Brooks to play elsewhere, while Pearce’s mooted departure would free up $600,000.

The Bulldogs would likely have to offload Kyle Flanagan and another player to come up with the money for Brooks.

However Webster believes Brooks should pursue the opportunity of playing under new Knights assistant and Immortal Andrew Johns at Newcastle after his defection from the Eels.

“I think the inclusion of Andrew Johns though on the coaching staff and as a halves coach on the Knights should be something that Luke Brooks finds appealing,” Webster said.

“If anyone has watched Luke Brooks over the last few years, he’s not to blame for the way the Tigers have played, there’s deeper problems at that club than the halfback.

“But if ever a playmaker looked like he needed a change, I think Luke Brooks is it.

“If he goes to Newcastle, which is a fairly strong side … if he’s under the tutelage of the halfback of the century and arguably the greatest player ever, he could do worse.”
So the 'journalist' who wrote the article "The Bulldogs should be More Professional Like South Sydney" wrote:

" However Webster believes Brooks should pursue the opportunity of playing under new Knights assistant and Immortal Andrew Johns at Newcastle after his defection from the Eels. "

What a shocker...........................

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if we signed Brooks where does that leave Biondo odo?.
We don’t sign him, where in ur right mind do you or anyone else entertaining this, do you see Gus allowing this ? Absolute rubbish

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I view Brooks as a super talented footballer whose career has never reached the heights it should have primarily because of the Tigers.

He is only 26 and his best footy might still be ahead at the right club.
No more gambling

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs prefer brooks to knights hopefully. Do not want him at the club. He’s shit

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just think of the ammount of players Linked to us since des left we basically were meant to sign everyone including turbo , Munster , cheese etc .. another shit article . Des didn’t want him cause all 3 woods Tedesco and Moses were gonna come if brooks was signed and he refused

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just think of the ammount of players Linked to us since des left we basically were meant to sign everyone including turbo , Munster , cheese etc .. another shit article . Des didn’t want him cause all 3 woods Tedesco and Moses were gonna come if brooks was signed and he refused
Incorrect, we missed out on Tedesco because he wanted Moses at the club - Des didn't.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I cant blame him, anyone would prefer Sydney to Newcastle. Im hoping knights like him more than we do though

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d much prefer Newcastle to Sydney. Somewhere near Bar beach or mereweather would be ideal.
Have to admit I've only seen around the main city part on my way to other places and didnt think much of it.

I grew up in Sydney but lived in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast. Nothing compares to Gold Coast tbh. Its the shit.