by the way thanks for Elliot I’m sure he will a make a huge difference……not

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Clearly a world beater in a terrible side hahaha fmd

he’s lucky any club want him at all

by the way thanks for Elliot I’m sure he will a make a huge difference……not
He will make a huge difference, Fam. Have faith.

As an added bonus to the Canberra people, I will soon make my Greenhouse debut to promote love and understanding. Namaste

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
BROOKS PREFERS BULLDOGS OVER KNIGHTS FOR CLUB SWITCH

Tigers halfback Luke Brooks’s reported preference is to join the Bulldogs over the Knights if the Concord club decide to part ways with their long-time No.7.

The Sydney Morning Herald’s Andrew Webster revealed on SEN radio that the Knights are keen to lure Brooks to replace Mitchell Pearce, but the Tigers star has other ideas.

“They (Newcastle) have got their hearts set on Luke Brooks (as Mitchell Pearce’s replacement),” Webster said on SEN 1170 Mornings.

“The Tigers have said no to Luke Brooks going, and I think publicly he’s saying he doesn’t want to go, but his management is certainly saying things otherwise.

“It’s going around quite strongly, his preference would be the Bulldogs if he was to get out.”

The Tigers have denied wanting to let Brooks leave with two years remaining on his current deal worth around $850,000 a season.

The Tigers would likely have to chip in for Brooks to play elsewhere, while Pearce’s mooted departure would free up $600,000.

The Bulldogs would likely have to offload Kyle Flanagan and another player to come up with the money for Brooks.

However Webster believes Brooks should pursue the opportunity of playing under new Knights assistant and Immortal Andrew Johns at Newcastle after his defection from the Eels.

“I think the inclusion of Andrew Johns though on the coaching staff and as a halves coach on the Knights should be something that Luke Brooks finds appealing,” Webster said.

“If anyone has watched Luke Brooks over the last few years, he’s not to blame for the way the Tigers have played, there’s deeper problems at that club than the halfback.

“But if ever a playmaker looked like he needed a change, I think Luke Brooks is it.

“If he goes to Newcastle, which is a fairly strong side … if he’s under the tutelage of the halfback of the century and arguably the greatest player ever, he could do worse.”
Don’t rate him.biondi-odo will be our half back.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Tigers pay 500k of 850k and we offload Flanno for his full contract value, we are essentially paying 350k for Brooks and getting rid of Flanno. That is a very very good deal. BBO/Josh Cook should battle out for the 9 jersey with Avo in the 14. JMK is a NSW Cup 9.

NRL
1 Dufty
2 Cotric
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Brooks
8 Thompson
9 Cook/BBO
10 Vaughan
11 Hetherington/RFM
12 TPJ
13 Jacko

14 Avo
15 Asiata
16 Patolo
17 RFM

NSW Cup
1 Allan
2 Larson-Doyle
3 Burns
4 Alamoti
5 Ok
6 Wakeham
7 BBO/JMK
8 Ava
9 JMK/Cook
10 King
11 Stimson
12 Waddell
13 Topine

14 ? - Doesn't really matter can be someone on train and trial
15 Tuifua/Makatoa/Turrahui
16 Doorey (when he returns, probably starts in fact)
17 Stuckey

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Tigers pay 500k of 850k and we offload Flanno for his full contract value, we are essentially paying 350k for Brooks and getting rid of Flanno. That is a very very good deal. BBO/Josh Cook should battle out for the 9 jersey with Avo in the 14. JMK is a NSW Cup 9.

NRL
1 Dufty
2 Cotric
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Brooks
8 Thompson
9 Cook/BBO
10 Vaughan
11 Hetherington/RFM
12 TPJ
13 Jacko

14 Avo
15 Asiata
16 Patolo
17 RFM

NSW Cup
1 Allan
2 Larson-Doyle
3 Burns
4 Alamoti
5 Ok
6 Wakeham
7 BBO/JMK
8 Ava
9 JMK/Cook
10 King
11 Stimson
12 Waddell
13 Topine

14 ? - Doesn't really matter can be someone on train and trial
15 Tuifua/Makatoa/Turrahui
16 Doorey (when he returns, probably starts in fact)
17 Stuckey
Who are you offloading Flanno and his entire contract too? :|

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Burton at 6 and the dominate half most likely it won’t matter BBO or Averillo. Fuck Brooks and we should offer a sweetheart deal to Newcastle for Flange.

Joey is on staff now and was a huge supporter of Flange when he got rissoled by The Rorters. I would much rather we pool all money towards the 9.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
more dribble about the same BS.
Also agree we DONT want Brooks at all, he isn't a longterm option at 7 and is too expensive we will be well out of pocket if we were get him it's a NO NO NO FUCKEN NO...

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When’s Gus going to come out and kill this rumour once and for all ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope this rumour goes away. I doubt there's any truth to it but the more they link him to us, the more you start to wonder. Surely no club would fork out 600k for him. He'd be lucky to get 300k.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've never seen Brooks play on the right edge or even really sweep that side effectively... Be a massive gamble trying to have him gel with Burton

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will make a huge difference, Fam. Have faith.

As an added bonus to the Canberra people, I will soon make my Greenhouse debut to promote love and understanding. Namaste
When you do let us know so I can can lurk and have a good laugh bro.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So true it’s a shit hole … like Canberra but less modern
The beaches at Newcastle & lake M are a whole lot better than Canberra’s….. & lake BG is only good for throwing stolen bikes into…apparently..

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Brooks is on $850K in 2022 & 2023!
How much are West Tigers going to chip in?