News Brittany Higgins enquiry

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if Channel 7 will buy him a steak dinner and a couple of hookers so he can drown his sorrows tonight?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With her lying in court a few times, as I have said, I would have found him not guilty.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Justice Lee says he’s “satisfied” #Lehrmann told “deliberate lies” & was “mendacious” in his evidence. Says Lehrmann gave “false evidence” on a “litany” of matters inc that he was apparently reprimanded by Reynolds & how he entered Parliament House.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’ve followed zero of this case, so she’s lied at several points but judge says that’s fine because she was emotional? Am I reading that right? Wtf
I guess he is factoring in the emotional state of a victim of rape, never having given consent. He is in the highest echelon of Federal Court Judges in Australia so it's likely he knows how to discern the better of the 2 liars?

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Justice Lee says “contrary” to Lehrmann’s evidence, “he did spend most of the night with Ms Higgins & as the night wore on he was aware of her drinking & towards the end of the evening he was encouraging her to drink well beyond the grounds of sobriety”.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I cannot wait to never hear these three worms names again
Of course Wilkinson is on her high horse with her statement today even though the judge was critical of her behaviour in court too. Who would employ her now? Her and that pirate clown deserve each other.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone help me out here? I am utterly confused. Please feel free to correct me where i am wrong.
This Bruce guy initially went to trial for rape, was found not guilty.
Based on that he thought that he was defamed and went to sue various people as he was found not guilty.
The judge then today says you are guilty and raped Higgins.
Hang on, the court was there to rule if he was defamed or not, it was not to determine if he was guilty or not. He was not on trial for rape.
Can someone here please help me?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He wasn't found not guilty.

His ACT Supreme Court criminal trial for Higgins' sexual assault was aborted in 2022 owing to juror misconduct.

Last edited:

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wasn't found not guilty.

hHs ACT Supreme Court criminal trial for Higgins' sexual assault was aborted in 2022 owing to juror misconduct.
Oh ok, so he was neither guilty or not guilty. That was the purpose of the trial.

The purpose of this trial was to determine if he was defamed or not? Not if he raped Higgins or not....correct?

Reactions: Kaz

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh ok, so he was neither guilty or not guilty. That was the purpose of the trial.

The purpose of this trial was to determine if he was defamed or not? Not if he raped Higgins or not....correct?
Why are you framing your questions like a judge?

Or is that the joke?

I'm confused.