Boycott Friday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't rate a boycott myself. And especially not on the eve of the final game of the season with so much riding on it.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Protest outside Belmore where you can have whatever signs you want, and tip the media off so they are there.

That would really send a message.
I like this idea, we need few thousands but

WPN32R

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It would be difficult to put it in a spot where the first security goon wouldn't just take it down.
Not really bro they dont get paid enough to put up with that shit

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whoever rocks up will get their deserts anyway, we aren't going to beat souths.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I share your frustration, but it would just make us look like poor sports; and the media would use it to take the mickey out of our supporters.
The coaching staff and the board have taken the mickey out of us fans. They treat our loyalty and passion as a "given". That was tested last night. I went to Belmore, our spiritual homeground. The ground where our club and culture was built on. Where history was made and lifetime of memories. Where tradition and support was passed down the next generation. This was the time where I thought maybe, just maybe, they will stand tall, and with so much on the line.

What I saw was anything but. That was a slap in the face of all our supporters who turned up.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I share your frustration, but it would just make us look like poor sports; and the media would use it to take the mickey out of our supporters.
The coaching staff and the board have taken the mickey out of us fans. They treat our loyalty and passion as a "given". That was tested last night. I went to Belmore, our spiritual homeground. The ground where our club and culture was built on. Where history was made and lifetime of memories. Where tradition and support was passed down the next generation. This was the time where I thought maybe, just maybe, they will stand tall, and with so much on the line.

What I saw was anything but. That was a slap in the face of all our supporters who turned up.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't rate a boycott myself. And especially not on the eve of the final game of the season with so much riding on it.
So much was riding on last night, and the fucking pink poodles rocked up.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be difficult to put it in a spot where the first security goon wouldn't just take it down.
Doesn't have to be directly on the fence of the stadium, even if it was attached to 2 stakes and stuck into the nature strip outside which is council property. They have no right to send people out to remove anything from council property unless the council come out and do it themselves, which i highly doubt since councils these days consist of useless bludgers who only get out of their chairs if you pay a " getting up fee".

Just need it there long enough to get a photo of it. Even if the club don't see it ou the front, they won't be able to miss it when it's plastered all over social media and maybe the newspaper.

Just to note, I don't want this done to be a **** of a supporter, but it seems to be the only way that Castle can't palm off the fans with her usual bullshit. We have a rich history, proud culture and an unbeatable mentality. We want that back and there's nothing she can say to make it better.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I know mate but our PR machine would come up with some shit about cold weather or traffic. Heads are stuck up there own arses
That's why someone tips off the media about the boycott leading into the game, Paul **** would love that.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The media are and have always been against us anyways so who cares? I don't think it would look like poor sports when we are technically successful, it would look like what it is and what commentators have been saying themselves all year, we suck. Also we send an official statement to the media about what we are doing and saying.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I Disagree, don't boycott, do something more stated and pronounced while still supporting the dogs, some options;

1) Turn your backs when they run out onto the field
2) Stay silent while the run out onto the field
3) A minutes silence - remain silent for the first minute of the game

Of course these ONLY work if it is done en mass, the word would need to get out there, drum it up in the media it is going to happen, so they get the word out for us, and hopefully other dogs fans will think, yeah, I'll do that too.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd prefer 5000 sack Des signs, 5000 fuck of crusher you fat C@#$ signs but meh
How about someone make one of those massive sign's the players in afl run through saying SACK HASLER, CASTLE AND CLEAL and have it outside the ground so everyone see's it and it will definitely be on the news.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've been a member since 2008 and have been to virtually every home game since then. I remember going out on a Monday night after SBW walked out on us and it felt like a funeral.

I believe in sticking by my team through thick and thin BUT I won't be going out on Friday night. Frankly I couldn't be bothered. We play a brand of football which is so incredibly boring to watch. It's always a hassle to fight the traffic on a Friday night and if the team want supporters like me and my family give up a Friday night to watch them play then give me something to get excited about. Not Tolman taking a hitup on tackle 4. Let Mybe, Klemmer and Lichaa play their natural game. Get me excited again. FFS I'd rather watch the Raiders or the Panthers at the moment than my own team.

I'll always support the Dogs and I'll renew my membership next year but my patience is wearing thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.