Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Serious question, what other halves are available for next year?
Hynes, Lam, Sailor and Trindall are still available. They might need to sign one of them to fill in for the brilliant signing they just made!

Other clubs get players to break contracts, if they can't sway Burton when he's their 4th string half, we have Barrett as coach, more money and a starting spot to offer, then things are worse than I thought.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't sign a 34 year old Blake Green. Or even a 22 year old version.
So go with Lewis and Wakeham ?

There is no one else off contract. I understand what you are saying but Green is a better half than those 2

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree 100%

BBO needs to step up
Is he a genuine half? Or could he transition to fullback? His speeds and his elusiveness is ridiculous. Almost a poor mans Barba who was a halfback up until Nsw cup. I wonder if this kid would excel at fullback. Solves a position we need to strengthen until a team throws him huge coin and he gets home sick.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So go with Lewis and Wakeham ?

There is no one else off contract. I understand what you are saying but Green is a better half than those 2
He is short term but as I said a later post, I'd rather sign Lam, Sailor or Hynes than Green. Having an experienced half is overrated as we've had Foran almost the whole season and we have two wins.

I also don't see why we can't force Penrith's hand with Burton for 2021 by making him a huge offer. If the Roosters wanted him, they'd make it happen. We should be able to, especially when Barrett has a relationship with Burton.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is short term but as I said a later post, I'd rather sign Lam, Sailor or Hynes than Green. Having an experienced half is overrated as we've had Foran almost the whole season and we have two wins.

I also don't see why we can't force Penrith's hand with Burton for 2021 by making him a huge offer. If the Roosters wanted him, they'd make it happen. We should be able to, especially when Barrett has a relationship with Burton.
The guys you mention would be a flat out guess.

And we can’t “force” penriths hand. He is under contract. They have all the hand

I agree that roosters would make it happen though. But that would be through dodgy deals and paper bag payments.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We arent going to know what Barrett and the club are doing in regards to poaching Penrith players until the end of the season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The guys you mention would be a flat out guess.

And we can’t “force” penriths hand. He is under contract. They have all the hand

I agree that roosters would make it happen though. But that would be through dodgy deals and paper bag payments.
We don't need dodgy paper bags. We have plenty of cap space. We just need to be run better and be more ruthless/cut-throat like our club used to be.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And to top it kff
He won’t be avail til May/June next year

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These clowns must have listened to pill popper johns
I hope they get Saifiti too then

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Green is just a temporary fix for the year until we can get a decent half. Foran didn’t want 1 year so they got someone who did.
bring on 2022 haha

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pray it’s on budget and after the injury we took note and went more budget. Like he is an organiser. I would hope he can bring some storm training secrets so we don’t start slow fade out on matches

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are freeing up 1mill with Foz possibly not re-signing. Green i would guess would be on no more than $500k. As an experienced half and a stop gap solution for next season, it's worth a crack. If we kept foz as well, that would be brilliant for 1-2 more seasons. Nothing wrong with having 1 or 2 experienced and seasoned halves around our young ones. If it wasn't for the ACL injury, most of you wouldn't be that pissed about this signing.