Official Blake Green signs with Bulldogs

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Green with a ruptured acl at 34 is done, no pre season he’ll be next to useless For most of the year cogger won’t be here and neither will Foran so that leaves Lewis,Wakeham and Avo
Take your pick we’re fucked
Burton mate have faith lol

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green with a ruptured acl at 34 is done, no pre season he’ll be next to useless For most of the year cogger won’t be here and neither will Foran so that leaves Lewis,Wakeham and Avo
Take your pick we’re fucked
Lets hope and pray that the club will now keep Cogger, him at 7, and Averillo at 6, would be my starting halves for next year if we cant sign anyone else, I really think Barrett would get the best out of them both.
However its possible that Wakeham could surpass Cogger at some stage during 2021.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Connor Watson or a Lachlan Lam / Mason Lino combo could be developed into something. But the rest is plod.

As for Green, if it wasn't for the ACL he may have been ok for a year, but now, given his age and the length of time it takes to recover he'll be of little value in 2021.
Lino is a turnstile with no stamina. Knights preference was to buy Green before putting Lino in the side. This weekend is Lino’s first game this year, only cos their so ravaged with injuries.

Lam I agree with, Watson is good but injury prone. But yes, slim pickings.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Is averillo a 6 ? Is that where he played as a junior?

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We replace a 30 year old international and Premiership winner (Foran) with a 33 year old player whose never been close to playing rep footy or played finals footy as far as I know. I'm not too sure he would have been that cheap either. He was on big money at the Warriors. He wouldn't leave for shit money at other clubs. If he's so good why did the Knights only sign him for 1 year ?
This exactly!
WTF has happened to our club! An injury prone 30 year old foran is still a better option than a 33 year old green. Fuck me, I give up!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This exactly!
WTF has happened to our club! An injury prone 30 year old foran is still a better option than a 33 year old green. Fuck me, I give up!
Depends what you’re paying them AND the length off the contract. Those minor details seem to have been overlooked

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1 Staines
6 Burton
7 Dearden
9 B Smith

Risky but could pay off big in the long term...

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion is if what some ppl said here is true he signed for 250k, it was not a bad move. Just unlucky with injury.
We need players in certain positions. Dont think we can spend big money on all of them. If by spending 250k on 1 position we need to improve means more money to sign other players we need, then its not too bad.
Lets wait and see if this is the case.