Blake Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant stand Austin. Dont know what it is about the bloke.
Better options out there plus we signed Cogger.
Wouldnt be surprised if we start using more of our juniors

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont rate his defence, I think he is average, would give others a go before even going near him

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Prefer Croker, can kick too.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Why get Austin when Carney would be cheaper??
Why would we want either of them. One is old and stupid and the other goes missing for most of the game. Mbye will go OK as a goal kicker this year and we have 3 or 4 young blokes vying for the 6 jumper. Just let it play out. Everyone keeps banging on about how we don't develop our juniors yet every time a hole opens up in our roster we run to the "help wanted" adds. If we are serious about developing our kids then give them a shot.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I havent seen these young fellas play (Cleeland, Lewis, JMK) but honestly would like to see us take a Punt on some of these guys. If it doesnt turn out we have Cogger coming over and Frawley to show what he can offer with Foran.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks - lets see how this years contenders, and then Cogger, goes first. Good player on his day but doesn't work well enough with his backs and is a bit hit or miss in his running game. Had a real purple patch a couple of seasons ago but didn't look the same player last year.
Reynolds purple patch was more than a couple of seasons ago but yeah hasnt looked the same player since:grinning:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I cannot understand the support for Cogger. He is way down the pecking order at Knights. I dont think he has done enough to justify such support.
Fact they won’t release him says he’s not to bad

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Listening to the BSB this am. Austin isnt going anywhere. He is upgrading his contract.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I cannot understand the support for Cogger. He is way down the pecking order at Knights. I dont think he has done enough to justify such support.
Young player that had big wraps on him and was felled by a hip injury for the majority of last year.

It’s called hope... a lot of people are hopeful he will become a transcendent talent who will lead us to premiership glory.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wouldn't be surprised to see Austin end up with us, I reckon Pay and him probably still talk

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have a lot of halves or wannabe halves in the club atm.
I say take them aside, say “guys, by the end of the season, there’s gonna be 3 less of you. Show us that you’re worh the investment”
Remember cogger will be here soon enough too.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If cogger wasn’t injured last year, he’d be their starting half.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Listening to the BSB this am. Austin isnt going anywhere. He is upgrading his contract.
So Sezer is going then?

What is it with you and todd carney the bloke is a fucking grubb.
Not by Matt Lodge / Dugan / Ferguson / Packer / etc standards... and people seem fine with them.

If he comes cheap why not?

Stop gap measure because Frawley is not the answer.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After watching the trial against penrith I cant believe people on this forum are talking about austin much less CARNEY fmd

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So Sezer is going then?

Not by Matt Lodge / Dugan / Ferguson / Packer / etc standards... and people seem fine with them.

If he comes cheap why not?

Stop gap measure because Frawley is not the answer.
I agree frawley is not the answer,but I have had a bit to do with carney up here in the pride\ Atherton Rooters systems and I can assure you he is not what we want at the dogs,Lewis is ready made for the spot IMO and he wont cost us anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.