Blake Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s just a opinion but with Moses Suli getting the punt and with us shopping tolman around hopfully to offload him will free up some $$ not a lot but some we should have a crack at Austin he isn’t happy at Canberra for some time now and so far Sam Williams has gone alright in trials and they have signed Hingono too and they seem happy with seizer if we can offload tolman with a club paying some of his wage we should try sign Austin his running game would go good with Foran and a change might benefit us most sign him on 1 year deal and see how it works out if we’re happy sign him longer if not he can look else where .he has speed and at least our line drop outs will get over half way.
when Austin is on he is pretty good and puts the ball in our court to get a decent half short term with a view for something longer I’m sure if it was possible scenario pay and Stuart could work something out or a swap or some deal
Just thinking out loud

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Only if he came cheap, but we all know thats not gonna happen. So its a no from me.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s all good I realise that there some good younger blokes in Reggie’s invest any extra cash on them

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would rather take sezer back if he is interested in playing for us again. However seeing the trials the last weekend, i am leaning towards picking the youngies

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh my stand on not looking for anyone else, until we see how who we already have this year goes hasnt changed. We may need the money to upgrade who we already have if things go well.

And tolman being shopped around is nothing more than a rumour at this stage.

Surely we can get an adequate halves partner for Foran out of Frawley, JMK, Lewis and Cleeland.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah but if he had a change of scenery and reports say Austin hadn’t been enjoying his footy down in Canberra and if we got him for the right price I think he be a good buy short term even as a utility

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks - lets see how this years contenders, and then Cogger, goes first. Good player on his day but doesn't work well enough with his backs and is a bit hit or miss in his running game. Had a real purple patch a couple of seasons ago but didn't look the same player last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.