Blake Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ata Hingano has just signed with the Raiders effective immediately.

Cant see Hingano going over to play reserve grade and he definitely isnt a utility.

As they say 3 doesnt go into 2, and surely either Sezer or Austin are on their way out or Austin is being moved onto the bench as a utility or possibly a lock?

Interesting times ahead

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ata Hingano has just signed with the Raiders effective immediately.

Cant see Hingano going over to play reserve grade and he definitely isnt a utility.

As they say 3 doesnt go into 2, and surely either Sezer or Austin are on their way out or Austin is being moved onto the bench as a utility or possibly a lock?

Interesting times ahead
Sezer > Hooker
Hingano and Austin in halves
Sam Williams > NSW Cup

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd think seriously about bringing Austin on-board if Foran goes well as permanent halfback.
Austin is a good running 5/8 with fair boot, we could use him while Lewis develops from the bench.
If he is on the outer and we could get him cheap then 2 years is worth considering.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Austin wants to stay in Canberra.

But Austin revealed that despite enduring a season far below the standards he set in 2016 when pundits were calling for his Origin selection, the Raiders still put a long-term offer on the table.
The former Tiger and Panther carefully considered putting his signature on the paper, but he didn’t feel his efforts deserved the recognition of a new contract.
Austin says he isn’t searching for a return to Sydney and he hopes his form this season can make both him and the club feel ‘’comfortable’’ on a new deal.
‘’We’ve been working on this (contract negotiations) since mid-last year, we actually turned down an offer mid-last year,’’ Austin told Sky Sports’ Big Sports Breakfast.
‘’A lot of my reasoning for that was I didn’t feel comfortable signing a long-term deal after the year I had last year. I really wanted to challenge myself and work really hard coming in to this pre-season.
‘’I said to Ricky (Stuart) how much the Raiders mean to me and how furious I am about (the lack of) success this year (2017). You’ll know day one of pre-season how I return and I really worked hard in the break.
‘’I’m hitting my targets. I know success comes off hard work and I’ve certainly worked hard.’’

Case closed.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really think jmk will be a bolter for us this year and surprise alot of people watch this space

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd think seriously about bringing Austin on-board if Foran goes well as permanent halfback.
Austin is a good running 5/8 with fair boot, we could use him while Lewis develops from the bench.
If he is on the outer and we could get him cheap then 2 years is worth considering.
We are still going on about this? We have plenty of running 5/8s already we don't need nor can we afford another one. You would think that Austin is the second coming. Fair dinkum how many origins or internationals has he played?? He's just another ordinary half in a group of ordinary halves and not worth even thinking about.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
We are still going on about this? We have plenty of running 5/8s already we don't need nor can we afford another one. You would think that Austin is the second coming. Fair dinkum how many origins or internationals has he played?? He's just another ordinary half in a group of ordinary halves and not worth even thinking about.
Not anymore. No need to be a dick about it I hear your condescending tone, besides I'm just answering the question posed in this for some reason lingering thread.
I don't see how we have plenty of great options at 5/8. Frawley, Cleeland and Brown are all average or below. Lewis I would develop from the bench. JMK needs another year to bulk up.

Last edited:

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s had two good seasons and that’s it. Another Reynolds.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone still suggesting Carney have no idea. Even forgetting about his off field issues he’s injury prone and the wrong side of 30 and hasn’t played NRL in years.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not anymore. No need to be a dick about it I hear your condescending tone, besides I'm just answering the question posed in this for some reason lingering thread.
I don't see how we have plenty of great options at 5/8. Frawley, Cleeland and Brown are all average or below. Lewis I would develop from the bench. JMK needs another year to bulk up.
Condescending eh?? No just frustration at the number of people who keep looking for second class options for our team. We have more than enough options that are internal to the club. How about giving them a go before we launch into another interminable round of "if only we had...."

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Condescending eh?? No just frustration at the number of people who keep looking for second class options for our team. We have more than enough options that are internal to the club. How about giving them a go before we launch into another interminable round of "if only we had...."
All good Oats don't get worked up over it I usually like your posts. I realise Austin talk is pointless anyway, Cogger will be here next year and will probably leapfrog all our current options anyway.
I get your frustration though this thread should be closed, I'm sick of seeing Austin's name.

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Lol another example of backing players no matter how shit they are..
remember some players are sighned to the club as reserve grade players.. the coaching staff know what the limits of these players are, we can't play them all in first grade just because they are there..

I'm all for signing from outside the club our recruitment has been shit and this is why McDonald is here now..

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol another example of backing players no matter how shit they are..
remember some players are sighned to the club as reserve grade players.. the coaching staff know what the limits of these players are, we can't play them all in first grade just because they are there..

I'm all for signing from outside the club our recruitment has been shit and this is why McDonald is here now..
Not only that but his name is McDonnell and yes I do back our players no matter who they are. Every one of them has done something to show skill to get to the club. Sometimes it doesn't work out and sometimes it does. That's life and it is certainly no reason to call them some of the names they get on here. If they display personal traits that deserve some of the comments well that's on them but in terms of playing ability none of them go out there to do the worst they can and they deserve at least some respect for having a go.

I didn't say anything about playing sub-standard players. I was referring to the fact that we apparently have people like the 'player of the year in the ISP' sitting in reserves and he is pushed down the line for a drunk, a druggie and a grub for a shot in his chosen position (in the case of blokes like Carney)? How does that make sense? Look at kids like Cotric, Mitchell, Manu, Scott, Taylor and the like. None of them had a wealth of experience but they were given a chance and showed they could do it. Why wouldn't we at least give some of our young blokes a crack, particularly now we have an experienced half there to work with them? And guess what, if we get a winner it means we will have a few hundred grand to spend on other spots just like the Rorters.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not only that but his name is McDonnell and yes I do back our players no matter who they are. Every one of them has done something to show skill to get to the club. Sometimes it doesn't work out and sometimes it does. That's life and it is certainly no reason to call them some of the names they get on here. If they display personal traits that deserve some of the comments well that's on them but in terms of playing ability none of them go out there to do the worst they can and they deserve at least some respect for having a go.

I didn't say anything about playing sub-standard players. I was referring to the fact that we apparently have people like the 'player of the year in the ISP' sitting in reserves and he is pushed down the line for a drunk, a druggie and a grub for a shot in his chosen position (in the case of blokes like Carney)? How does that make sense? Look at kids like Cotric, Mitchell, Manu, Scott, Taylor and the like. None of them had a wealth of experience but they were given a chance and showed they could do it. Why wouldn't we at least give some of our young blokes a crack, particularly now we have an experienced half there to work with them? And guess what, if we get a winner it means we will have a few hundred grand to spend on other spots just like the Rorters.

You sound like a nice mother at junior sport behind the canteen, that is proud of every player that plays for the club no matter how shit they are..

Sorry but this is professional sport you go after the BEST.

Status
Not open for further replies.