Ben Roberts - 2011 Discussion Thread

Should Ben Roberts Play Next Week against the Dragons?

• Yes - Starting Side

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes - Bench

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubdy

Bite Me
Reaction score
our halves are doing a fine job however roberts running game is sorely missing on the edges.we have next to no threat at present and the best solution would be to put roberts on the bench as an impact player with a strong running game.4 fwds on the bench is crazy imo.we need a change of speed of the bench.roberts can play halves,hooker,centres and lock which makes him a good utility.we have no player on the bench capable of this and its pretty standard in teams these days.
Dene Halatau can play all them positions......!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even considering this is the Kennel, how the hell is there 27 pages in the Ben Roberts thread but like 4 or 5 in every other player?

Pathetic.

Keefy

The Family Club
Reaction score
Even considering this is the Kennel, how the hell is there 27 pages in the Ben Roberts thread but like 4 or 5 in every other player?

Pathetic.
It's because some our younger fans in particular females base talent on looks not on skill, Roberts looks fully hectic - Keating is just a Red head white boy with no tatts!

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

Pathetic.
because he is the player that has been dropped,who has been at the Club for a while,was involved in speculative discussions about his position pre season and wasn't given the ideal opportunity to press his claims.

All the other players are new or haven't been dropped.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's because some our younger fans in particular females base talent on looks not on skill, Roberts looks fully hectic - Keating is just a Red head white boy with no tatts!
Harsh. majority of roberts lovers are the guys!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah thats how it goes, these are the same people to say Tim Winitana is a gun/ future rep

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The same sort of people that wanted Billy Ngawini signed for life have been posting a lot in this thread.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same sort of people that wanted Billy Ngawini signed for life have been posting a lot in this thread.
LOL... Billy Ngawini.... I wonder what happened to that guy!

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
because he is the player that has been dropped,who has been at the Club for a while,was involved in speculative discussions about his position pre season and wasn't given the ideal opportunity to press his claims.

All the other players are new or haven't been dropped.
I thought the past 4 or so years he has been at the club would have been ample opportunity to press his claims.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thekennel:

Hates on Roberts for being inconsistent
Praises Idris for being terribad

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I thought the past 4 or so years he has been at the club would have been ample opportunity to press his claims.
that's fair, 2010 may or may not have been a more consistent year and he had the competition of Keating this year which may have inspired the young man to his best which I think is very good. That's what I mean by ideal. I was really just sayin that's maybe a reason why there's so many pages or whatever.
I like what Keating is doing and you can't change too much atm

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no spark around the ruck which we need to address.roberts with all his faults would add that of the bench.

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
I'd like to see Roberts return to the side and used to inject some spark. Two back to back loses means changes need to occur...

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roberts is a better defender and attacker than keating IMO

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Roberts made the errors our halves committed today, he would put on a stick like the Indians do after a loss in the cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.