Ben Roberts - 2011 Discussion Thread

Should Ben Roberts Play Next Week against the Dragons?

• Yes - Starting Side

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Yes - Bench

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Where in that post does it suggest that Payne and Ryan would have to be partnered at the same time? Tolman plays 65mins, and Armit could be on the field for the 15mins that he is not...?

Anyway, it seems that you're not quite understanding where I'm coming from, so we'll leave it there.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
roberts on the bench lol and waste an interchange, glad you arent coach
Halatua was very good last night imo and Ennis doesnt need to come off
Even though this has absolutely nothing to do with Dene Halatau who is an interchange second-rower, I apologise to you, Your Firstgradeness.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with Slippery.

Heaps of teams do the same (have three halves on the field at the same time. They usually finish with all 3).

I also agree with Hani that you have to beat the Dragons up the middle. So we do that, for the first 30mins. Then you put on a fresh Ben Roberts to take advantage of that.

I've never liked 4 forwards on the bench.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
WHat has Keating done attack wise in the last few games to actually warrant him to keep his position. He has had 4 games in that position and now Roberts deserves his chance to show what he can do. I believe his running game and his ability to link with the outside backs is better than what Keating is providing at the moment.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
WHat has Keating done attack wise in the last few games to actually warrant him to keep his position. He has had 4 games in that position and now Roberts deserves his chance to show what he can do. I believe his running game and his ability to link with the outside backs is better than what Keating is providing at the moment.
3 tries, couple of linebreaks, consistantly backing up.

Keating has been great

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is why the Kennel rocks.

The largest [Player Name: 2011 Discussion] thread is for a player who has not even played FG in 2011....LOL

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is why the Kennel rocks.

The largest [Player Name: 2011 Discussion] thread is for a player who has not even played FG in 2011....LOL
He has played 6mins you nuffnuff :p

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He scored 1 try from a tackle bust and 2 from backing up, i havent seen anythin from him in last 2 games especially which warrants his selection. His kicking game isnt superior to Roberts either. We can sit here and argue all we like, im a Roberts fan and always will be and in my opinion he deserves a shot there.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He scored 1 try from a tackle bust and 2 from backing up, i havent seen anythin from him in last 2 games especially which warrants his selection. His kicking game isnt superior to Roberts either. We can sit here and argue all we like, im a Roberts fan and always will be and in my opinion he deserves a shot there.
The only things Roberts have over keating is his Tatts.... and tatts don't win you games...hth

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
maybe if you remove your roberts googles you will see what Keating has done?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe if you remove your roberts googles you will see what Keating has done?
Why do you even bother Hani...

the 1 tackle bust and 2 back ups are much morethan what Roberts did in 6 years...

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
roberts owns him in the guns department. cant compete with that.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What have you seen from Roberts in NSW cup to warrant his selection?

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
roberts has the spark in the game keating for me does look like he has gelled even though its been four rounds of comp roberts deserve a shot for sure. its the roberts running game that sparks the game and bring the fans alive. wat does keating do run take on the line but no spark complete 2 different style of gameplan

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our halves are doing a fine job however roberts running game is sorely missing on the edges.we have next to no threat at present and the best solution would be to put roberts on the bench as an impact player with a strong running game.4 fwds on the bench is crazy imo.we need a change of speed of the bench.roberts can play halves,hooker,centres and lock which makes him a good utility.we have no player on the bench capable of this and its pretty standard in teams these days.

The Hickstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
our halves are doing a fine job however roberts running game is sorely missing on the edges.we have next to no threat at present and the best solution would be to put roberts on the bench as an impact player with a strong running game.4 fwds on the bench is crazy imo.we need a change of speed of the bench.roberts can play halves,hooker,centres and lock which makes him a good utility.we have no player on the bench capable of this and its pretty standard in teams these days.
that a wat i mean that exacty right

Malla

Reaction score
I agree with Roberts as an impact, however not in every game. Like Slip said, the selection of each side should be based on tactics against the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.