Ben Barba, 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I must have been flicking channels when he did something..
well just after halftime, he almost read that we had a 3 on 1 situation with patten out the back

it was greens fault that barba passed to him and wasted it

he also almost came up with a few intercepts

Parker

Waterboy
Reaction score
well just after halftime, he almost read that we had a 3 on 1 situation with patten out the back

it was greens fault that barba passed to him and wasted it

he also almost came up with a few intercepts
good one rodzilla - yes he still has some developing to do yet

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
He would try to prepare his players outside of him for an attacking raid but Ennis would go to Noddy on the other side.

I felt when Green was still on, Benny should have been searching for the ball instead of being stranded on one side of the field. He tried in the second half to ignite something but nothing came abouts. He did have two offloads but there was no support on the back of them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah .. Maybe now is the time to try Barba at fullback. With supposidely that being "his descision" and the General playing (well at least tonight) a bit off.

Would give him more attacking chances as he can roam a bit more.

I still think we need Roberts in there, as even if BK clocks off, Roberts will still run theball and service the Goodwin/JTK side. Tonight they barely saw the ball.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Right now we rely too much on Barba imo and think this isnt a good thing because before too long it will go to his head and the the Barba of old will return

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Right now we rely too much on Barba imo and think this isnt a good thing because before too long it will go to his head and the the Barba of old will return
I see where you're coming from, and I agree.

Our attack is too focused on individual brilliance, rather than team plays. E.g. giving the ball to Idris and hoping for the best. Giving the ball to Barba and hoping for the best.

We need blokes running off them in order to create something.

Right now it's like "here catch, you try something".

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from, and I agree.

Our attack is too focused on individual brilliance, rather than team plays. E.g. giving the ball to Idris and hoping for the best. Giving the ball to Barba and hoping for the best.

We need blokes running off them in order to create something.

Right now it's like "here catch, you try something".
x10

And anyone who thinks barba did better at 5/8 than roberts is on drugs did anyone notice he made a shocking grubber kick on 2nd tackle 10m from their try line that was just rubbish?

IMO he is a FB and Patten had a SHOCKER in defense and has been average in defense lately he looks half pace chasing down keating and others from line breaks I don't know whats up with him this season but he isn't himself at all in reading plays

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
patten was the best at fullback defence and still is

he makes miracles happen

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

he makes miracles happen
mate are you kidding?Normally I'd say yes 100% but tonight and a few other times this season he has made some silly reads and has not looked urgent enough I love Patten but something is definitely in his head upsetting him he is not playing how he should

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Patten has saved us from 50 point drubbings with his try saving tackles this year. Every fullback misses 1 or 2.

bulldogs27

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did You see 'Hey Presto's' try-assist?!

Drive Your shoulder into their hips, quick
and under their arms n palms.

(-:

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ben Barba must play a full 80 minutes next week. I would even be willing to sideline Kimmorley for it if it came down to it.

Quite simply, our current structure is not working. We have nothing else to lose.

He was the only spark in the team tonight.

abby.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Kimmorley will probably be out cause of Origin, Barba would have to start.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

he makes miracles happen
Missed an easy tackle on Cooper when he ran down the sideline all he had to do was fart on the bloke and he would've gone over the sideline and still couldn't do it
other than that he played OK

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
honestly i dont understand why moore doesnt give him more time ffs...you can see straight away what effect barba can have but some how he only ever gets on the field when the game is all but gone

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
20 minutes into the first half when the Dragons were tiring and we had all the ball, Benny Barba should have come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.