Ben Barba, 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Detailer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ben Barba must play a full 80 minutes next week. I would even be willing to sideline Kimmorley for it if it came down to it.

Quite simply, our current structure is not working. We have nothing else to lose.

He was the only spark in the team tonight.
You are 100% correct but that nimwit that we have as a coach wont let it happen Kimmorley is Moores love child he should sake Kimmorley then sake him self!!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Moore has again got it all wrong. Yeah that's right, bring him on when we're desperate. How much pressure does Kevin wanna put on the kid? It's not what he needs, and it's not what the team needs.

He was clearly needed earlier in the game, but he only got 25mins exactly. Moore really needs to pull his head out. Barba is the only unpredictable player in a predictable team.

Do you wonder why we never convert possession into points? Predictability. We throw nothing at the opposition to trouble them.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Moore has again got it all wrong. Yeah that's right, bring him on when we're desperate. How much pressure does Kevin wanna put on the kid? It's not what he needs, and it's not what the team needs.

He was clearly needed earlier in the game, but he only got 25mins exactly. Moore really needs to pull his head out. Barba is the only unpredictable player in a predictable team.

Do you wonder why we never convert possession into points? Predictability. We throw nothing at the opposition to trouble them.
Totally agreed.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Yes Barba is great in attack but woeful in defence
Look, our defence is like a rice cracker at the moment. We're not gonna win games with defence. We have to make sure we consolidate a lead with our ATTACK, and things will flow from there.

At this stage, I think we're in the position that we have to start trying things, given that the current system CLEARLY isn't working. We must focus our game on attack and pressure, rather than defence and conservative footy.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
100% agreed on both posts Slip.

We can't even score more than 1 or 2 tries per game. I got no idea what our average tries per game is now, if you take away that Roosters game. But it wouldn't be high at all.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Look, our defence is like a rice cracker at the moment. We're not gonna win games with defence. We have to make sure we consolidate a lead with our ATTACK, and things will flow from there.

At this stage, I think we're in the position that we have to start trying things, given that the current system CLEARLY isn't working. We must focus our game on attack and pressure, rather than defence and conservative footy.
I understand what you mean but defence can help you win games. What good is having a great attack when you lose by 16 or 20 points when your defence is weak?

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
At the game tonight, it was obvious to me that Barba is being wasted. Bag his defence all you like but the truth is that until he came on, we looked completely lost in attack despite dominating the first 15-20 minutes. The play we tried to use down the left hand side worked great in the first half but Bennett schooled the right side Dragons defenders during the break and it showed in the second half. Other than that, the only other spark in attack was Barba. He's got to be in the starting side somewhere!

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score

We can't even score more than 1 or 2 tries per game. I got no idea what our average tries per game is now, if you take away that Roosters game. But it wouldn't be high at all.
it would be along the lines of what the sharks are

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand what you mean but defence can help you win games. What good is having a great attack when you lose by 16 or 20 points when your defence is weak?
its about building pressure Slippery is 100% right the issue is not our defense so much as our attack gives the opposing team too much opportunity on us

When your playing good attacking footy and getting repeat sets the other team is too out of puff to do anything special against you look to the Tigers game this year to see that

We are not putting pressure on other teams and essentially short of a miracle where every team plays like crap against us we won't make the 8

6 losses and 3 wins is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Look at it this way we are 1 better than the sharks for wins as it stands doesn't sound very good looking at it that way does it?

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Yes, it can, but it isn't. We don't have a solid enough defence to win games with it. Therefore, we must focus our game on attack.

Logic.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Yes Barba is great in attack but woeful in defence
his defence has improved heaps this season but still has flaws but as slippery said... our defence this season has been shocking at worse...

with the amount of possession we had against parra and the dragons in the first 20 minutes we should have scored more and gives us more momentum and us controlling the game like what we did against the roosters and tigers this season

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
his defence has improved heaps this season but still has flaws but as slippery said... our defence this season has been shocking at worse...

with the amount of possession we had against parra and the dragons in the first 20 minutes we should have scored more.
+ Tigers.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I don't know if he is the saviour to our attacking problems but despite what others might say, I think a team with Barba and Roberts in the halves is a fair bit more dynamic than Kimmorley and Green. I do like how tenacious Kimmorley is and I think green is a great utility player (off the bench perhaps) but I just don't think this pairing works in attack. Maybe Kimmorley and Barba?

Either way, Barba needs more game time and preferably before we are at the point where we are chasing points with time running out!!!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't win games on an average of 3 tries if you have mediocre defence.

Only when your defence is 100% up to scratch will you expect to win games on that average, and even then it's a mammoth ask!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I've written the season off. Why don't we give Barba more time to develop and build his confidence in defence? We've got nothing to lose.

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've written the season off. Why don't we give Barba more time to develop and build his confidence in defence? We've got nothing to lose.
I close to feeling the same habib but I dont want to lose hope. But one thing is for cetain is that Barba needs to come on alot early like the 25-30 min mark. We look lost last night BK played average and we needed direction

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lmao @ blaqdog sidelining kimmorley for barba

barba would die if he did the work of kimmorley in a game

he would die

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Do you think 25mins last night was sufficient, Roddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.