Beer Appreciation Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, I sent the pic to a group chat of a few mates I went to uni with (we're all now in our forties).

Two of them gave exactly the same response.
I would probably fall for all these cool cans if I could drink them.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Modus operandi here in Newcastle is a great looking brewery and has very good beers. Nice food too. Foghorn is decent too

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Colonial have created an Amber Ale.

Im not a regular consumer of amber ales, but It's definitely that classic amber smell and taste..

Worth a crack.

20220812_193327.jpg
20220812_194123.jpg

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm Sold
A pint of beer, a shot of whisky, or a glass of wine taken before exercise could reduce the risk of heart disease, according to new research, which suggests that stopping at the pub on the way to the gym may be the key to good health.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I faced this one with bit of trepidation. I'd enjoyed Marrickvile's Sauce Brewing Co in the past and I was happy it has made its way to the Sunshine State, but tbh, I generally dismiss these NEIPAs as they are just so try hard. It's like they are trying to jam up the alcohol content like some sort of horny teenager, without any consideration to taste etc.

But I just easily consumed a 4 pack of this 6.5% (?) Bevvie Without realising, whilst watching a Handsmaid's Tale. Mrs CD is whining I stink but I'm going to wear that as a badge of honour.

Night all.

20220818_200515.jpg
20220818_194142.jpg

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm reminded of an old saying:

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.
I had a hawskbury chocolate stout actually 2 was decent, couldn't do a session on em, I seen a strawberry ale yesterday had to draw the line and say no

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a hawskbury chocolate stout actually 2 was decent, couldn't do a session on em, I seen a strawberry ale yesterday had to draw the line and say no
I decided to try a raspberry beer once. Really should have only asked for a middy/pot/half. Was one of the only times in my like that I just couldn't finish it. Learned my lesson.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of their work.
A new brewery called Flat Lizard just opened literally behind Happy Valley. Only been going for a few weeks. My son has a kids birthday party coming up at the YMCA next door so it might be my opportunity...

No takeaways/cans yet. Not sure of their longer term plans.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's already been linked on this thread (possibly more than once!).

The bar under my office sells reschs on tap. It's the only place I've seen it sold in qld tbh
Hahaha.. yeah bro at least 2 or three times by me. As a Queenslander I love XXXX Bitter but my first true love is Resch’s…:tearsofjoy: