Beer Appreciation Thread

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there was some attempts to generate outrage and clicks by some media outlets over some random twitterati comments a couple of years ago, but that's about it.

Colonial eventually did come out in response to say it wasn't going anywhere.

The woke wowsers win again. Seems like they always do in the end :rage:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess its their call at the end of the day. Probably wouldn't influence me either way.
, as long as i can find their cans in the bottlo (the ipa is good as its a bright yellow). Where I like their beers Is that they still do 6 packs where most smaller / "craft" joints are doing 4 packs.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep the can.
Reminds me of Duff in the 90s. A mate was a batman at the Granstand bar at Sydney Uni. One night he came up to me at the bar and shoved a can of Duff in my pocket and told me to guard it with my life (the makers had just been sued by Fox

I have no recollection of the night but I think I did get him his can of Duff back. I should ask him sometime if he still has it.

(Although in the current situation, the brewery is just shortening its name, so it's likely to not be a big deal :grinning: )

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Roll the Bones , I popped into the new Flat Lizard brewery in Stafford this arvo. Literally around the corner from Happy Valley.

No takeaways available (yet). Fairly standard type joint with rotating food trucks providing grub. In only a month, it has picked up a solid following.

I only has time to have one, the Centennial IPA. Decent, but it's hard to gauge without a return visit to try a few more :grinning:

20220910_161443.jpg
20220910_161152.jpg

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Roll the Bones , I popped into the new Flat Lizard brewery in Stafford this arvo. Literally around the corner from Happy Valley.

No takeaways available (yet). Fairly standard type joint with rotating food trucks providing grub. In only a month, it has picked up a solid following.

I only has time to have one, the Centennial IPA. Decent, but it's hard to gauge without a return visit to try a few more :grinning:

View attachment 58941View attachment 58942
I'll definitely check that out soon. I'm always keen for a decent Red Ale.