Beer Appreciation Thread

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one who kept thinking today was a Saturday?

I've been forgetting tomorrow is a work day, notwithstanding I'm playing golf...

Long live the King, baby.

View attachment 59259

About 4pm I cracked a beer and started cooking some ribs thinking how good this was, not having to work until Monday. But then I remembered I have to work tomorrow cause I got a newbie in my team that I have train up a bit. Anyhow, still a few beers and bourbons tonight. It's what Lizzie would have wanted.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My stomach is doing okay and can hold down beer now without fucking it up too much, what one beer i MUST try now?

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reminds me of Duff in the 90s. A mate was a batman at the Granstand bar at Sydney Uni. One night he came up to me at the bar and shoved a can of Duff in my pocket and told me to guard it with my life (the makers had just been sued by Fox

I have no recollection of the night but I think I did get him his can of Duff back. I should ask him sometime if he still has it.

(Although in the current situation, the brewery is just shortening its name, so it's likely to not be a big deal :grinning: )
When i was working for a Telstra Dealer in Double Bay years ago, there was a guy that came into the shop a lot (He knew the owner) he walked in with a 6 pack of beers, they were called Hoffsters, David Hasslehoff was in town and they made a case and gave it to him, but instead of saying yeah cool, this is funny, he flipped his lid and said these need to be destroyed as they have my name on them and if i'm not maiing anything from it you can't do it.

So i have 1 x Bottle Of Hoffsters sitting proud in my Dads bar.

I'll get a pic next time i go visit

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When i was working for a Telstra Dealer in Double Bay years ago, there was a guy that came into the shop a lot (He knew the owner) he walked in with a 6 pack of beers, they were called Hoffsters, David Hasslehoff was in town and they made a case and gave it to him, but instead of saying yeah cool, this is funny, he flipped his lid and said these need to be destroyed as they have my name on them and if i'm not maiing anything from it you can't do it.

So i have 1 x Bottle Of Hoffsters sitting proud in my Dads bar.

I'll get a pic next time i go visit
That's what you get for hassling the Hoff.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, I wandered into one of my local bottlos this evening and Revel had its range on special, so why not?

Funny story: on my way home from said bottlo (maybe 4 minutes drive) and an ad came on the radio for the brewery. Big brother was watching...

20221015_201455.jpg

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I wandered into one of my local bottlos this evening and Revel had its range on special, so why not?

Funny story: on my way home from said bottlo (maybe 4 minutes drive) and an ad came on the radio for the brewery. Big brother was watching...

View attachment 60220
Nice work. I had that beer a few weeks back at a bar in Wilston. Very nice. I then added Bulimba to my ever growing list of suburbs to go drink beer at.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Oktoberfest in the gardens tomorrow. Anyone going?