News Barrett presser

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing what's in front of you works fine if you have the skill advantage over your opponents. NSW cup probably have that advantage so they can pull it off. NRL is a significant step up, and I'm guessing we don't have that skill advantage so heads up footy becomes clueless rabble.

No one out there looked like they knew what to do. Burton included. It was as plain as day after spending 10min down their end, a shelacking was inevitable.
Agree, but that's the problem. It's coached out of them. If they divert from the game plan, God help them.
Burton, we keep hearing he is a running five eight. He looks nothing like it and looks lost what to do.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TBaz has had his media mates go very soft on him, this cannot last forever. He is a halves expert who has now had 2 pre seasons and a full year and has not coached improvement in any of the halves within the club!

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
TBaz has had his media mates go very soft on him, this cannot last forever. He is a halves expert who has now had 2 pre seasons and a full year and has not coached improvement in any of the halves within the club!
The problem is there is only one real half at the club (Burton), the rest wouldn’t make first grade anywhere else.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
These players look overcoached to me none of them have the brain capacity to carry out a game plan ffs simplify it

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
These players look overcoached to me none of them have the brain capacity to carry out a game plan ffs simplify it
To me it's seems we are trying to get a halfback to play beyond their capabilities. It's a double edge sword, they can't do it and we aren't coached in a way to suit our halfbacks capabilities. We've put all our eggs in 'this game plan WILL work' basket. But there's no plan B. The entire attack needs an overhaul and we are 4 rounds in.
Don't like to throw shit at Barrett because at the end of the day his players aren't doing what they are asked. Like is it his fault we aren't playing smarter and trying to apply pressure with repeat sets etc?
BUT, it seems all our off season recruits were going to 'fix' last years results. Like why isn't dufty being told to follow tpj every carry, or Max king? Yeah they offload, but 90% it's to another forward or jmk who is staring at his feet.
If we are inside the 20 we should have to patience to aim for 3 repeat sets then go for the kill. Put some fatigue in the opponent and increase the chance of them making a mistake. Instead we cart 4 forwards up and kick to the corner and hope, turnover ball and give away a penalty or kick dead and 7 tackle set.These things should be spoken of or reviewed in video. If it is being highlighted and the players aren't doing that then can you blame Barrett? or is this glaringly obvious issues just being overlooked? Surely not.

I'd be happy for Barrett to get a bit ruthless, but i feel he's cool/calm style will come back to bite him as I honestly think he will lose the sheds if he changes his attitude. You can't just flick a switch like that, it doesn't work. He doesn't command that respect other coaches do and I believe our players have take advantage of it.

Drop JMK, bring in Cook. I believe this change has to happen. Watch the difference in how we play with a genuine 9. It's a start, plenty more to happen in next 12 months though

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told today that our training looks terrible. Seriously, if an outsider can see this wtf is going on with our training staff and for Barrett to highlight this, sack the Far*en lot of them!
You are right . Besides running and mucking around we do nothing at training

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blind Freddy could’ve told u that averillo wakeham and flanacrap aren’t fg level halfbacks
What do we do to rectify this
Sign 2 x 750k plus edge forwards whom play pretty much identical
We should’ve signed Reynolds and partnered him up with burton
Reynolds was a must for 2 years

waleham avo and flanakhara will never be the answer
It’s been done to death and it’s not fcuking working !!!!!!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Blind Freddy could’ve told u that averillo wakeham and flanacrap aren’t fg level halfbacks
What do we do to rectify this
Sign 2 x 750k plus edge forwards whom play pretty much identical
We should’ve signed Reynolds and partnered him up with burton
Reynolds was a must for 2 years

waleham avo and flanakhara will never be the answer
It’s been done to death and it’s not fcuking working !!!!!!
Reynolds is doing fuk all and his body is fucked

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
and we probably (definitely would have, but don't want to be attacked) would of had to pay more than the Broncos.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok doctor Phil
He’s Fcuk all is still streets ahead of our 3 muppets combined ALL!

he saved the game with 2 try saving tackles against us
And he can kick goals at the very least and lead a team around the park

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The problem is there is only one real half at the club (Burton), the rest wouldn’t make first grade anywhere else.
Disagree.
The team (specifically Jackson with how long he's been here) is used to taking 4 settlers and then bombing on the 5th.
Tolman’s legacy lives on. It’s hard to change 5-8 years of settlers on the 4th.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
so far this year, yes. do you think he's been good?
I think he’s a good player struggling to find form in a poorly coached team. even Nathan Cleary would look bad in this team imo

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he’s a good player struggling to find form in a poorly coached team. even Nathan Cleary would look bad in this team imo
is he a good player though? he looked good playing center on the end of one of the best halves pairings/teams in the league. all he had to do was catch and fall over the try line. when he did play in the halves there, he didn't look as good, even with Luai as his halves partner.
he's still young and learning, but he hasn't been good for us (yet). maybe he's just a center and cant cope with the responsibility of playing in the halves, because he doesnt seem to be coping with it now. I will say in his defence its only been 4 games so far, he's in a new team and his halves partner has already been chopped and changed. but our forward pack has been dominant and he's had plenty of opportunity in opposition red zones to create and simply hasn't, he's either gone himself and been tackled on the fourth or last, kicked out for a 7 tackle set or thrown a pass behind JAC over the side line. apart from his boot to get us out of trouble, he's been poor

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
fuck no, if cleary was in this team we would be 3 from 4 at worst

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
and we probably (definitely would have, but don't want to be attacked) would of had to pay more than the Broncos.
$900k for reynolds is way overs, we couldnt afford that anyway. He wont last his 3 years