News Barrett presser

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wanna know why NSW cup kills it and first grade are shit? I guarantee you NSW is barely even coached and just told to go and play some footy. Our first grade team looks like they’re trying to calculate rocket science equations In their heads every time we have an attacking set. Barrett is either trying to get way too much or way too little out of these players and either way we are fucked

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told today that our training looks terrible. Seriously, if an outsider can see this wtf is going on with our training staff and for Barrett to highlight this, sack the Far*en lot of them!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was told today that our training looks terrible. Seriously, if an outsider can see this wtf is going on with our training staff and for Barrett to highlight this, sack the Far*en lot of them!
I was always against the Walker brothers suggestion years ago... But fuck me I'd take anything that is out there now. I don't want to be a boring grinding team that tries to play like others. I want us to have our own style that teams envy or can't replicate. So frustrating

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baretts lack of emotion isn't good when you look at the likes of Bellamy and sticky who get the shits when they lose as it shows how much it means to them.

Its like he expects them to lose.
I object. He dropped a pen from an elevated height. Really put the fear into the lads. Bring back Dean Pay....That boke had them shitting themselves and held accountable.

Last edited:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He must be either losing his mind or maybe seeing things diff at Turf level… taking 4 hit ups and going for glory on the 5th is so predictable storm kept drop kicking short to get the ball back cause if it didn’t work out it wouldn’t be hard to defend our shit plays.
It's wild. Like I'm no expert but we all know storm like an up and in defence. Why we aren't grubbering in behind Coates similar to the Braidon Burns try last week escapes me.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's wild. Like I'm no expert but we all know storm like an up and in defence. Why we aren't grubbering in behind Coates similar to the Braidon Burns try last week escapes me.
We didn't know to do that in 2012 GF... 10 years later still don't know lol

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There was no dogs of war mentality out there yesterday. No plan in attack either.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There is no difference between Wakeham or Averillo playing and Burton has gone backwards.

Reactions: 88

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wont matter who you put in at half, they all look clueless, clearly coaching is a huge problem. Burton looked totally lost yesterday.

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I did try and warn you lot in the Tamworth thread before getting trolled. Barrett was no where to be seen in training, sat in the VIP box the whole time. Last time I checked most coaches were on the ground showing players how to execute the plan.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baretts lack of emotion isn't good when you look at the likes of Bellamy and sticky who get the shits when they lose as it shows how much it means to them.

Its like he expects them to lose.
100%. too calm, doesnt hold anyone accountable, doesnt want to upset players because they're all matey matey. get the fuck in there and rip a door off its hinges for fucks sake. fire up barrett you cat. how do you expect the team to go out there and play with energy and heart when you sit in the box all stoic playing with your fucking pen?

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100%. too calm, doesnt hold anyone accountable, doesnt want to upset players because they're all matey matey. get the fuck in there and rip a door off its hinges for fucks sake. fire up barrett you cat. how do you expect the team to go out there and play with energy and heart when you sit in the box all stoic playing with your fucking pen?
Nailed it!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Tbaz certainly appeared to be out of ideas in that presser!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was always against the Walker brothers suggestion years ago... But fuck me I'd take anything that is out there now. I don't want to be a boring grinding team that tries to play like others. I want us to have our own style that teams envy or can't replicate. So frustrating
The problem is with coaches these days is they want to justify their roles by having structure instead of letting players use their own skills and footy brains that they built by playing in the back yard and park footy as kids. We look lost in every attacking play within 20 mtrs and that's because they can't play structured footy and who could blame them. As for Walker brothers, they virtually throw the coaching manual out the window and their teams are exciting to watch.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is with coaches these days is they want to justify their roles by having structure instead of letting players use their own skills and footy brains that they built by playing in the back yard and park footy as kids. We look lost in every attacking play within 20 mtrs and that's because they can't play structured footy and who could blame them. As for Walker brothers, they virtually throw the coaching manual out the window and their teams are exciting to watch.
Playing what's in front of you works fine if you have the skill advantage over your opponents. NSW cup probably have that advantage so they can pull it off. NRL is a significant step up, and I'm guessing we don't have that skill advantage so heads up footy becomes clueless rabble.

No one out there looked like they knew what to do. Burton included. It was as plain as day after spending 10min down their end, a shelacking was inevitable.