The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Hercules? Really?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Richmond RAAF Base had their Boeing Globemaster C-17A III out today.

Spewing I didn't have my camera gear out for it, because I was doing the lawns at the time. If I did I'd have got a shot of clear blue skies, with air visually streaming off the entire wingspan of the plane.. looked absolutely amazing!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Richmond RAAF Base had their Boeing Globemaster C-17A III out today.

Spewing I didn't have my camera gear out for it, because I was doing the lawns at the time. If I did I'd have got a shot of clear blue skies, with air visually streaming off the entire wingspan of the plane.. looked absolutely amazing!
The are all based at Amberley.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The Hercules? Really?
Yep ... it's doing flyovers today too. Will try and get you a picture as it literally just buzzed straight up our street really low.

The are all based at Amberley.
Not 100% on that one. Pretty sure there is one based back at Richmond all the time now. It regularly does flight training about once a month around the area, and is often at the airport.

At the moment they are flight testing it for the Formula 1 flyover in March in Melb.

Reactions: K E

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep ... it's doing flyovers today too. Will try and get you a picture as it literally just buzzed straight up our street really low.

Not 100% on that one. Pretty sure there is one based back at Richmond all the time now. It regularly does flight training about once a month around the area, and is often at the airport.

At the moment they are flight testing it for the Formula 1 flyover in March in Melb.
It would only be an hour flight (give or take) from Amberly, certainly not disputing you are seeing the awesome beast there, but it wouldn't make much sense to permanently detach 1 of the 8 from the main squadron at Amberly.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It would only be an hour flight (give or take) from Amberly, certainly not disputing you are seeing the awesome beast there, but it wouldn't make much sense to permanently detach 1 of the 8 from the main squadron at Amberly.
Yeah not sure to be honest.. but I see it around quite a bit as we are well within Richmond RAAF Restricted Flight Path. Possibly depends what it's required for, though with the floods in Townsville I'd be suprised if they arent being used to send supplies, etc.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
@K E me and a mate were learning this one last night a bit of fun these old planes a lot easier to get in the air

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And the 747 is still going even after 40 years
50 years. And they still make them! The 747-8, while not very popular, is still made and used by airliners. Granted most of them are the freighter version...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You got your discord set up come fly with us ,it makes life a lot easier when there's a few people problem solving

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Damn .. end of an era. Amazed that they made something that was actually too big. Emirates pulling their orders for smaller aircraft says a lot.

@K E me and a mate were learning this one last night a bit of fun these old planes a lot easier to get in the air
In my case it's *click everything frantically, realise it's all too complicated, and get annoyed*.