Averillo VS Burton

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I said it last year and it's no different this year. He isn't NRL ready. He needs to play reserve grade to develop. He is a little soft and needs to build his game to look for contact. He doesn't compare to Burton.
Yeah look i think burton is better than averillo, But other than the big boot of burton i dont think he didnt do anything omg last night, guys like Kikau, martin, yeo, lui really stepped up a notch, but i agree burton will prob need to look elsewhere because he is going be stuck behind cleary and lui for a long time

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton fukin showed the way to beat Melbourne with that fucking left boot keeping them pinned in the back quarters turned the fucking dropout restart into a positional advantage and fucked Melbournes attack 3 ways from Sunday to say he did nothing OMG is a fuking joke...... Very few people could achieve that while not stealing the play making role or better put staying in his lane....to allow the side its attack structure. not overplaying his attack

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yeah look i think burton is better than averillo, But other than the big boot of burton i dont think he didnt do anything omg last night, guys like Kikau, martin, yeo, lui really stepped up a notch, but i agree burton will prob need to look elsewhere because he is going be stuck behind cleary and lui for a long time
He didn't need to. Remember he isn't an experienced half. He filled in, no errors and did the little he done perfectly. He is big, has a step. Threw a cut out perfectly and has that monster boot. He is going to dominate for years.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone that said Burton to centre /lock/bench for Avo please uppercut yourself [emoji23]
Happy to put one on my own chin as I did discuss possibility of lock before the season if Avo jumped out of the blocks and owned 5/8i. But, there is no comparison.

One is a gun 5/8 with a huge boot and a footy brain, the other is Brandon, who hopefully will develop quickly and mature as a first grader.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After last nights effort Burtons the best young talent coming through the comp for mine. F'ing good times ahead.

Schuster was similarly hyped and watching him now not in the same league.

Burtons a gun starter for most teams right now...let alone the potential he has.

Have said it before and will again... Avo just doesn't have it. Good broken field runner but is MIA otherwise.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After last nights effort Burtons the best young talent coming through the comp for mine. F'ing good times ahead.

Schuster was similarly hyped and watching him now not in the same league.

Burtons a gun starter for most teams right now...let alone the potential he has.

Have said it before and will again... Avo just doesn't have it. Good broken field runner but is MIA otherwise.
Schuster is not a edge player

Put him in at 6 he will kill it

Des loves Foz too much to make that change

Fk Manly

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Avo was never a choice, he doesn’t talk like a half that knows what he’s doing, he’s a good player not a team manager, big difference I say good luck to him on his trials to figure out where he belongs but at the moment it’s not first grade, he needs hunger, so drop him until he shows he wants it, I’d never pick Lewis in my team but you can’t deny he try’s and puts his body on the line, if avo tried then I’d give him a chance, kids not mature enough at the moment, puts a lot on flanno and he gets flack but he’s the only half at this point, I think burton calling the shots with flanno backing up will be huge, different but burton was on point in his kicking, flanno will grow with burton, avo will loose all confidence in his role at the moment

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit, Burton’s game against the Storm was terrific and his kicking sensational. The ability to kick for field position is something the Dogs have been sorely lacking for many years. He did ,sle a couple of errors in attack however. Well he’s human. And the opposition teams have not yet developed a strategy against him because he is new. Yes he was great and I am looking forward to his arrival. Yet remember he had a great pack of Panthers forwards giving hm space. Sadly the current Bulldogs forwards are not in the same class.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I dunno what's going on with this kid? He is so scared and gun shy. And many times he ends up getting smashed by the opposition as soon as he gets the ball. Perhaps he needs to stand a bit deeper and allow himself some more room?
Either way, he needs a good stint in reserves.