Averillo VS Burton

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess that means Lewis gets another shot at 5/8th. Whoopee fukn doo!

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo can’t play centre due is defensive deficiencies . He can’t tackle and can’t read the play in defence. His defence reminded me of Barba in the front line.Centre is literally the worst position to have a poor defender . It’s all one on one defence and split second decisions.

Reactions: CMP

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather Baz played Britt in the halves than Lewis getting a call up. Hopefully Jake is fine for Round One.
Perhaps Bazz has managed to turn Lochie into Wally.
Honestly some don't see Lochie been as bad as most of us do, so its possible that Bazz has managed to iron out some of his flaws during the off season, after all what have the past 3 coaches done to improve our other players skills.
Bazz might not be another Bellamy but lets hope he's is a BIG BIG improvement on the last 3 coaches we had, because if he isn't we're in big trouble.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like tape/strapping, generally used to stop excessive joint movement after a mild hyper-extension injury of the elbow, which occurs when the elbow is bent backwards further than the normal range of motion. Usually not a big deal, a couple of weeks of limiting the extension by taping and the ligaments heal.

If there was extensive ligament damage he would have been wearing an orthotic, something like this;

1613205396562.png

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perhaps Bazz has managed to turn Lochie into Wally.
Honestly some don't see Lochie been as bad as most of us do, so its possible that Bazz has managed to iron out some of his flaws during the off season, after all what have the past 3 coaches done to improve our other players skills.
Bazz might not be another Bellamy but lets hope he's is a BIG BIG improvement on the last 3 coaches we had, because if he isn't we're in big trouble.
I'm confident Baz will do a great job and he'll have us playing good attacking footy soon enough.

But in regards to Lewis, I just don't think he has the fundamental skills required to be an NRL half. We'll soon see. It will be interesting to see what players improve under Barrett and what his selections/rotations will be.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what to make of it, but in the top photo he has his left elbow strapped in the bottom one it's his right elbow.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd rather Baz played Britt in the halves than Lewis getting a call up. Hopefully Jake is fine for Round One.
Penrith will be like theyll have to trade now
But fuck that id run napa at 5/8 just to spite Lewis and Cleary

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Penrith will be like theyll have to trade now
But fuck that id run napa at 5/8 just to spite Lewis and Cleary
It gives them slightly more leverage in negotiations but the club has shown they won't accept a ludicrous offer from Penrith so it will be interesting to see if they can find a deal that works for both clubs.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gee Whiz Burton moves well & looks like an extremely quick thinker under pressure. PLEASE FIND A WAY TO GET HIM HERE ASAP!!!

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like averillo cant defend in the centers or at 5/8, Wing/14 is probably where he will end up next year unless burton backflips

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Waiting for Burton to arrive next year makes this season that much longer and more painful

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Watching Burton play on the weekend live and pissing down..no fucking way im not taking him everyday and 3 times on Sunday. Kid just turns it on..and BAM..a try and try assist.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
spot on Snow..cool name btw mate.
He is indeed all you say, it hurts he is not here now in a lot of ways but we need to get MUCH better so he isn't right under the pump when he slips into the blue and white jumper