Averillo VS Burton

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching Burton play on the weekend live and pissing down..no fucking way im not taking him everyday and 3 times on Sunday. Kid just turns it on..and BAM..a try and try assist.
He looked like he was cruising the whole game as he barely got out of second gear and he still slayed us. I hope he plays this week as I'd love to see him up against the Storm

The Avo vs Burton debate is now officially DEAD.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Avo has moments but can be anonymous alot of the time. My fear with Avo is that he's abit like Meaney, doesn't really enjoy the physicality and contact, plus his defence is nightmarish

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

There's been a bit of a debate lately on the best position for Averillo. Whether he should play FB, centers or 5/8th, pushing Burton out to lock. Judging from these clips, I think Averillo is a center. He looks very one dimensional and uses his speed to get on the outside of his opponent (similar to jmoz) with minimal footwork and ball playing.

I also don't see how he's going to be the preferred FB over Allan. I'm hoping I'm wrong but that's just my opinion.
100% agree with everything you just said.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
AVO is junior reps Burton is NSW Cup, big difference. Avo needs to step up this year.
Avo has a lot of development and growth/strength to get through. What I’ve seen from Burton is he is ready in all aspects. I’d be preping Avo for centre.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Avo definitely has a future with us. He just needs time to develop his game for 1st grade. It’s too much for him right now to be wearing the 6. Either he plays centre or wing while he develops or get him back in NSW cup to develop him. Don’t burn the kids confidence in a position like 6 till he matures more. It’s too much to ask of him at 6 yet IMO.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not even close LOL. You can say this and that about development, the team and so on but just the eye test tells you it isn't even close. Burton is Miles better.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep Avo has no chance of playing 6 he isn't as yet even confirmed as a firsts regular(needs more time obviously should he stay in FG? idk)

To think some people on here had him potentially pushing Burto to lock or some shit oops!! .....

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All these young players are influenced by their managers to play in the spine because that’s where there is the most money. Look at the best centres in the game today :

Staggs wants to play 6
Crichton has indicated he likes to play 1
Manu same as Crichton
Latrell has moved to 1

What they don’t realise is that a top class centre will still earn more than an ordinary fullback or 5/8th.

Avo is a centre. No club in the NRL would offer him 6 next year.

I would even go as far as to move him there sooner rather than later. It’s pretty obvious Hoppa won’t be with us next year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
a potential future left edge of Burton, Piakura, Cotric and Addo-Carr is... well...
One of the best in the league. What will the right edge look like?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I said it last year and it's no different this year. He isn't NRL ready. He needs to play reserve grade to develop. He is a little soft and needs to build his game to look for contact. He doesn't compare to Burton.